SHOULD THERE BE DRUG TESTING IN ROCK N' ROLL?

ZeppFanForever

RIchard Wright was fired froim the band during the Wall sessions for doing mountains of Coke in the studio. Roger was appraently furious. David had a bit of a coke problem as well.

But oddly enough, he didn't start using it until after WYWH, when his musical contribution to the band had dropped right off (I just found out ;) )

OK, so you don't get his sense of humor. What do you think about the music? I think he was brilliant! and for b]Did Zappa ever go beyond just himself and the band in his anti-drug sentiments? In the statement it does say that he campained, not only for him and his band, against drug abuse. If you would read it again you will see.

Must've read it too fast :mellow:

I ask all of you, my fellow die hard hard core Zepp fanatics this ridiculous question. Believe it or not, it almost happened. I remember the discussions and the talk of drug testing in Rock n' Roll, SHOULD THERE BE DRUG TESTING IN ROCK N' ROLL? I know I know, you are all thinking that if there was drug testing in Rock n' Roll, there would be no bands at all. YOU'RE RIGHT, THERE WOULDN'T. I want to know your opinions and thoughts on this subject. Please enlighten me. ROCK ON!

Definitely Not - What bands would we then be able to listen to? :o

• 8 months later...

No.

If a musician takes a drug, what's the worst that could happen? Their music gets a little trippy. It doesn't really do much for them, save enhance (or decrease) their talent.

It's not like sportsmen/women who do it only for the purposes of cheating, or to unnaturally develope their bodies.

Without drugs none of the bands I listen to will have been the same - my iTune would be as boring as hell.

A little more background on that statement please?

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? The only background that I remember was that Steven Tyler of AEROSMITH was against it and spoke publically about NOT having any drug testing in Rock n' Roll. ROCK ON!

If i was a rock star i would want to drug test my drivers and the guys who handle my equipment. Other than that, of course not.

How's it going "~tangerine~" Long time no hear! I hope all is well with you and your family. Sorry for the late post, I did not keep up with this thread at all did I? This thread really snuck up on me. I agree with you totally, just drug test the drivers and roadies. ROCK ON!

That about sums it up for me.....I'd still like to know where this revelation in rock and roll was hatched, publicized, hinted at over a breakfast table by housewives, whispered into a seashell...What?

How's it going "Hickory Man?" I know that Steven Tyler of AEROSMITH was outraged about it when he first heard about it. ROCK ON!

:lol:

Yeah...let's drug test the self-employed.

What, if they flunk the test they're going to fire themselves? :hysterical:

How's it going "manderlyh?" If there was drug testing in Rock n' Roll today, with all of the drug testing kits and tests available over the counter along with a little help of drinking straight vinegar, Rock stars would pass their tests real easy. Then again, straight vinegar might be a new form of liquior for Rock stars by adding it to Scotch, Rum, Whiskey and Tequila. ROCK ON!

WTF? Yes, Roger Goodell will resign from the NFL to become the new Commissioner of Rock and Roll. His first interview will be with EVH.

RG..Mr. Van Halen, you have violated the terms of our substance abuse policy for the 4th time and i am left with no choice but to ban you for life from R&R.

EVH..Please, sir...don't. I promise to be good and never imbide in the flake again. I have turned my life over to God and will do Christian versions of Hot For Teacher and Ice Cream Man if you just give me another chance....

RG...Fine, fine. You may apply for reinstatement in 2 years time. This meeting is over. Your tour has been suspended.

Is this the scenario we're looking at here?

How's it going "Zepaholic?" As the saying goes, MONEY TALKS AND BULLSHIT WALKS! Eddie Van Halen could have said that "I'm not a drug addict or alcoholic, I'm a Zep Addict and a Zepaholic like everyone on ledzeppelin.com. Ha Ha! ROCK ON!

Who is going to be the authority to test this? And on behalf of whom will the testing be done?

Rock Stars on tour usually have very little to do with the crew, aside from their personal instrument technician. There are people called Production Managers, Road Managers and Tour Managers whose job it is to hire, fire and manage the road crew.

How's it going "Cactus?" I'm not sure if this is true or not but I heard the rumor that there is a Rock n' Roll union and they were the ones that came up with the idea of drug testing in Rock n' Roll. The idea of drug testing in Rock n' Roll is true but I'm not sure about the Rock n' Roll union. ROCK ON!

Without drugs there would *be* no rock and roll. You think songs like "I Am The Walrus" just write themselves?

How's it going "Electrophile?" I agree that without drugs, there would be no Rock n' Roll. I know for fact that Expresso's and Vivorin's ain't going to cut it. ROCK ON!

I ask all of you, my fellow die hard hard core Zepp fanatics this ridiculous question. Believe it or not, it almost happened. I remember the discussions and the talk of drug testing in Rock n' Roll, SHOULD THERE BE DRUG TESTING IN ROCK N' ROLL? I know I know, you are all thinking that if there was drug testing in Rock n' Roll, there would be no bands at all. YOU'RE RIGHT, THERE WOULDN'T. I want to know your opinions and thoughts on this subject. Please enlighten me. ROCK ON!

How's it going fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? WOW! I never expected such a huge response on this question. I really got behind on this thread didn't I? Evster did say somewhee along the way that AEROSMITH'S management mandated drug testing on all of the band members of AEROSMITH in an effort to keep them clean. That's when I heard Steven Tyler bitch and rave about it at their press conferences on public TV. ROCK ON!

No one should ever have to be drug tested by the government.

Now, if employers make it a requirement to drug test their employees thats one thing. If Atlangtic forced Zeppelin to drug test back in the 70s, I have no qualms as that should be their right. But the government should never be allowed to just drug test just for the hell of it...

How's it going "~tangerine~" Long time no hear! I hope all is well with you and your family. Sorry for the late post, I did not keep up with this thread at all did I? This thread really snuck up on me. I agree with you totally, just drug test the drivers and roadies. ROCK ON!

Hi ZeppFanForever, nice to hear from you, too! If i'm ever a rock star, i would feel privileged to have you as my roadie or driver, lol. :) In the meantime, i think you better keep your day job! I hope you and your family are doing great as well!

Archived