Spats' Loveblahblahblah Thread

Lake of Shadows

Yes, I know. You're always talking about women. What they did for you, what they could do for you, what they should do for you, and most importantly, what they did/do not do for you. HOW DARE THEY LET YOU DOWN! Right?

That's one of your greatest problems. You just can't see the point, because your thinking is as shallow as your tastes. You're just talking about women, but the fact is that this thread is just about giving and getting. You are so obsessed with women and the role they should play in your life that you don't see that you're one of these people who "are like that": a selfish loser who cares only about his own feelings and just expects others to make him happy.

:rolleyes:

Rock concerts, sports centres, drawing lessons, local pubs, summer music festivals, cafés, somewhere in the country engaging in outdoor activities, libraries, jazz clubs, university campuses, mountain cabins, open air pools, fairs, balls, oktoberfests,...

I don't care only about my feelings. But if you don't look out for yourself no one else is going to. You have to make sure you sure are getting what you want. Everyone is like that. If i am happy and getting what i want then i am gonna be happy to give back.

They may be at those places but are they really places where you can actually hook up with someone. How do you hook up at Rock Concerts?????

Advice:

Go anywhere and everywhere, smile, be talkative, don't expect to meet women and when you do....keep it in your mind that they are just friends, don't make the first move and IF they are interested...they will let you know.

I agree with all that you have said excpet the part about the woman letting you know they are interested. Most of the time i do think they will do that. And if they do they won't do it clearly.

Sounds like the perfect place to start something - especially if the girl is browsing through groups you know about and could offer a recommendation. But I doubt anyone who likes songs like Zep does wouldn't be disappointed if you didn't offer the full menu in the bedroom?

Toronto is a pretty aloof city though. If you ask a lot people here they will tell you that. People here complain that they have smiled at people on the subway and the their reaction was not good. Like they thought the person smiling was a weirdo or something. I don't think Toronto is the type of city where you can just go up to some stranger and start talking to them. Especially women that are by themselves.

Okay Spats, we can all give you advice till the cows come home but we need some info, to establish a bio and you'll have to do it for us.

What we'll need: a pic, and a quick list of your likes, dlislikes, personality traits, etc.

My likes and dislikes in women or just describe myself?

Where is there anything offensive in that? What if you met a girl that you got a along with better and were more attracted to than your girlfriend??

Physically? You don't think that's happened before? It happens everyday.

If you mean just overall attractiveness, you can't just up and leave a relationship after just meeting some new chick who, for one day, you're more attracted to. Thats' disgusting thinking. Thank Jesus you're not married with kids

Physically? You don't think that's happened before? It happens everyday.

If you mean just overall attractiveness, you can't just up and leave a relationship after just meeting some new chick who, for one day, you're more attracted to. Thats' disgusting thinking. Thank Jesus you're not married with kids

No, not for one day. But you know what i mean. If a guy is finding other women more of a turn on than the one he is with it's time for the guy to move on. It would just leave me wondering what's out there.

I thank the lord i am not married with kids as well. :D My mother and family members have wondered when i am settling down to start a family. I have told them not to hold their breath. Hell, they are wondering when i am going to have a steady girlfriend again.

I don't think i would approach someone in a record store. Or wouldn't expect to be approached in a record store. Does that Happen? :blink::blink: I don't go to record stores often enough anyways.

So don't approach her in "that way". Just ask her opinion on an album.

No, not for one day. But you know what i mean. If a guy is finding other women more of a turn on than the one he is with it's time for the guy to move on. It would just leave me wondering what's out there.
That's stupid. You can't just dump someone because someone else is hotter

I thank the lord i am not married with kids as well. :D My mother and family members have wondered when i am settling down to start a family. I have told them not to hold their breath. Hell, they are wondering when i am going to have a steady girlfriend again.

I thank the lord too spats...

And I'll answer their questions for ya: Not for a very looooong time

That's stupid. You can't just dump someone because someone else is hotter

I thank the lord too spats...

And I'll answer their questions for ya: Not for a very looooong time

It's not as simple as dumping someone because someone else is hotter. It's because that other person is more interesting to you and more attractive to you than who you are with. I guess you would have to experience it to know what i am talking about.

It's not as simple as dumping someone because someone else is hotter. It's because that other person is more interesting to you and more attractive to you than who you are with. I guess you would have to experience it to know what i am talking about.

So you have a lot of experience in dumping women simply because someone else is better looking and more 'interesting'?

If you found yourself in a situation like that, then its obvious you are not going anyweher with your current relationship and it's time to stop leading her on. But you can't just dump her and jump into the bed with someone else right away. Thta's horribly unethical

So you have a lot of experience in dumping women simply because someone else is better looking and more 'interesting'?

Yes. i left a relationship because i met someone i liked better. Got along with better and was a bigger turn on.

If you found yourself in a situation like that, then its obvious you are not going anyweher with your current relationship and it's time to stop leading her on. But you can't just dump her and jump into the bed with someone else right away. Thta's horribly unethical

Yes, i was bored and annoyed. So i guess that helped to make it easier.

Well, that's maybe ok in middle school ... :unsure: Beyond that it's sort of frowned upon in polite society. :angry:

Well, that's maybe ok in middle school ... :unsure: Beyond that it's sort of frowned upon in polite society. :angry:

So what's the alternative. Let that chance pass you by and regret it and stick with the girl you have? Hell, everybody on here is saying "take a chance, take a chance". But it's wrong to take a chance with that?

So what's the alternative. Let that chance pass you by and regret it and stick with the girl you have? Hell, everybody on here is saying "take a chance, take a chance". But it's wrong to take a chance with that?

The alternative is not to treat women like you do in the vain hope that someone better will come along.

Yeah, it's wrong to take that chance. You can really hurt someone when you say, 'I've found someone better'. You said so yourself that you take it personally when you're rejected. Yet you do that.

Does wonders for your ego, no? :rolleyes:

How about you take a chance and stay with someone and see what can come of it, instead of dropping them like a sack of shit and finding someone 'better'?

Love and Committment is/are the alternative :rolleyes: There will ALWAYS be (objectively) a more attractive/more interesting person out there than the one you are with. The question is, can you ever stop looking for them and be happy with the one you are with; and/or feel in your heart that they ARE the most beautiful/interesting one?

And then what? :blink::blink:

Find out her opinions on the music. Are there political songs on the album? yes? Great! Instant conversation stater, ask her about her views about it. Is there a certain aspect of the album that you find interesting? Tell her. Do you like a similar album, maybe by the same band or in the era? Reccommend it.

I don't care only about my feelings.

I've read enough of your posts Spats. You do. You come across as an immature, egoistic and ill-mannered individual.

But if you don't look out for yourself no one else is going to.

WRONG!

I have plenty of friends (not to mention members of my family) who will look out for me, simply because I'm willing to do the same thing.

You have to make sure you sure are getting what you want.

I thought we were talking about relationships, not about sex industry. :unsure:

Everyone is like that.

WRONG!

I'm not like that, my friends are not like that, my neighbours are not like that, Bonnie's not like that, wannabe_drummer's not like that, Medbh's not like that,... Do I have to continue?

You are obviously the only person in this thread who is like that. If this was a survey,it would show that you represent a minority.

They may be at those places but are they really places where you can actually hook up with someone. How do you hook up at Rock Concerts?????

Spats, the problem is that you can't "hook up" with those women. You can meet them, get to know them and eventually build a friendship or a relationship with them. However, they will not "hook up" with you. That's why you won't find them on dating scene, because they're not interested in "hooking up" with superficial men.

You see Spats, your situation on the matter of love are alot like Einstein's Theories of Relativity regarding time-travel.

Imagine a spacecraft capable of travelling 99.995% the speed of light. At this speed the time distortion factor is approximately 100. This craft leaves earth in the year 2009 AD headed on a trip to and from Alpha-Centauri (a star approximately 4.5 light-years from earth). When it returns from its journey, it will have travelled nine light-years at near the speed of light, and the passengers will find that the year on earth upon their arrival is 2018 AD. 9 years on earth will have passed, but due to the relative time distortion, the passengers aboard the craft will have seen just 1/100th of that time span pass - only about 1 month. Their bodies will have aged just 1 month; their clocks will have moved ahead the equivalent of 1 month. Ultimately, the net effect will be that these astronauts will have travelled into the future by 8 years and 11 months.

You pickin' up what I'm layin' down, Spatsy?

Because the mass of the ship increases as it goes faster, the spatial acceleration needed to produce one gravity is less. As the ship approaces the speed of light, its mass and the mass of everything aboard becomes very large. It takes much less change of velocity to create a force of 1 gravity when the objects become so much more massive. As time, seen from an external point of view, goes on, the velocity of the ship levels off as it approaches the speed of light. This results in less and less spatial acceleration, but, according to the passengers on the ship, nothing changes! Time seems to be perfectly normal, their weight and mass will seem to be the same, and their surroundings appear in perfect proportion.

You see, you are on board the ship... you never notice what is going on around you because you're not going anywhere relative to the origin of love... we observers here on earth watching from afar notice everything you miss while youre in the abyss of space.

The more time that goes on with you acting like this, the further away you get from the rest of us.. and the closer you will get to accepting the fact that your love life sucks...

Archived