Any songs from Roberts solo career

misty mountain

I 'm not knocking Roberts solo career or any of his songs from previous bands etc.but I've always wondered with some songs if they could have been better with jimmy and jpj adding there special "sound" to the recording.Just curious as to other peoples views . :wtf:

Yeah I'm sure some would qualify - like "Slow Dancer".

Just as "Midnight Moonlight" could have been the "Swan Song" they always wanted it to be.

I always loved Jimmy's guest appearances on RP's albums - as I enjoyed "The Only One" too.

Just as "Midnight Moonlight" could have been the "Swan Song" they always wanted it to be.

I always loved Jimmy's guest appearances on RP's albums - as I enjoyed "The Only One" too.

With Roberts and the strange sensation "All the kings horses"I've often wondered if jimmy page could have added a little extra to that song?you know what i mean:? it's a beautiful song and suits Robert vocally, to a tee.

Jimmy pretty much adopted Calling to You as one of his own on the Page/Plant tours. I'm surprised they didn't dust off Slow Dancer in 1996 as it would have worked so well with the orchestra. I'm wondering whether Robert really likes the song anymore?

Some of the half-baked WiC material could have been more fully formed with JPJ's help.

Jimmy pretty much adopted Calling to You as one of his own on the Page/Plant tours. I'm surprised they didn't dust off Slow Dancer in 1996 as it would have worked so well with the orchestra. I'm wondering whether Robert really likes the song anymore?

Some of the half-baked WiC material could have been more fully formed with JPJ's help.

agreed. excellent post.

He did slow dancer with Strange Sensation a few times on tour in 2007. Sounded great too :D

I would love to hear Jimmy play guitar on "Ship Of Fools". I love the way it sounds on the original, but would love to hear the Page-ified version if there ever was one. :)

This is one of my favorites--I love Doug Boyle's playing on it so much it's hard to imagine it being improved on, though. :D

I was going to say Slow Dancer too, also I think The Enchanter .

He did slow dancer with Strange Sensation a few times on tour in 2007. Sounded great too :D

still, P/P should have done it. It is also my favorite Plant song. Maybe they didn't because it's similar to kashmir,(not a copy) just the same mood? Calling to you was great and so was that song from "the Cure", but the Coverdale/Page song "Shake My Tree" didn't come off as well to me. Plant had no trouble singing it, I just don't think he put his heart into it. Anyone feel the same way?

This is one of my favorites--I love Doug Boyle's playing on it so much it's hard to imagine it being improved on, though. :D

What ever happened to Doug?

He was a cousin of an old mate of mine, we used to drink in The Green Gate, Bethnal Green Rd E2 London in the seventies together, took him home para many times, i never knew he made it big untill i brought the first Plant album he played on. He was no big drinker like the rest of the Green Gate Rockers though, still nice of you to rememben him.

Regards, Danny

Doug's still about. Dunno if he's here specifically, but we've had some talks rather recently. He's fine. I hope to hear from him soon, as we're moving from California, numbers will change and I'd hate to lose touch. A really nice guy!

Zeppelin does Plant? Yeah, Slow Dancer was the shit when Pictures came out. It filled the need! So did Like I've Never Been Gone (COZY!!!). I'm sure Jimmy could've done fantastic things with it. But I also think Robbie Blunt more than held his own. Beautiful work! :beer:

He was a cousin of an old mate of mine, we used to drink in The Green Gate, Bethnal Green Rd E2 London in the seventies together, took him home para many times, i never knew he made it big untill i brought the first Plant album he played on. He was no big drinker like the rest of the Green Gate Rockers though, still nice of you to rememben him.

Regards, Danny

He's mixing his solo album, which is soon to be unleashed on the public, and doing session work. He's fine, we keep in touch. Also, it's his birthday. :D

His new web site:

http://web.mac.com/dougboyle/iWeb/Doug Boyle/Welcome.html

When I first heard "Big Log" I hoped that Jimmy was the guest guitarist on that song , But Robbie Blunt did an outstanding job on that . And Doug Boyle with Robert on "Liars Dance" was great .

Doug's a great guitar player. He did some amazing solos on In the Mood as well. Liar's Dance and Ship of Fools both brilliant showcases for him. Look forward to hearing his album when it's out.

Has anyone else noticed that Robert screams "Jimmy" at the very end of Calling to You on the album? It's so sweet and and moving. I wanted to cry when I noticed it.

When I first heard "Big Log" I hoped that Jimmy was the guest guitarist on that song , But Robbie Blunt did an outstanding job on that . And Doug Boyle with Robert on "Liars Dance" was great .

I agree on both accounts, don't you just wish The outro guitar playing went on a bit longer in Big Log, I always feel i want to hear just a bit more guitar solo.

Archived