Jimmy Page Arrives In Toronto

Zepp-4-Life

I am just getting in and uploading the footage onto Y-Tube.

Lets invite all attendee's to add a full review here .

I filmed JP's arrival , and the entire after Q/A .

It's taking time to upload .

Actually , the first video just came through ---

What an evening and what an amazing film.

Truly a fantastic production.

Full review soon.

Peace To All

Can't wait for the review. That video is great, you can't see a lot but it really gives a sense of what it must be like to be the man - imagine that just by walking along into a building could cause people to clap and cheer your name....insane. Can't imagine what it must feel like.

Can't wait for the review. That video is great, you can't see a lot but it really gives a sense of what it must be like to be the man - imagine that just by walking along into a building could cause people to clap and cheer your name....insane. Can't imagine what it must feel like.

exactly what i was thinking too! i found this one.........

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NEn_MR_ooSs

This is written by " ajoso " on another site.

Thanks for this amazing review -----------

WHAT A GREAT FILM! WHAT A FANTASTIC EVENING!!!

Okay - where to begin? The film had absolutely everything you'd want: intimacy, insight and a great deal of humour. I won't give you a blow by blow, as no doubt it will be released shortly. But here are some of my favorite bits:

- Jimmy Page rocking out to his record collection and PLAYING AIR GUITAR to Link Wray's Rumble!!! Like I said - the film had a lot of humour and made me laugh with delight on more than one occasion.

- The trip to Headley Grange where Jimmy showed exactly where Bonzo was sitting when he layed down those epic drums on When the Levee Breaks. This got a round of applause from the audience.

- When Jimmy shows the riff to Whole Lotta Love to Jack & the Edge, the latter two are grinning like: "I can't believe I'm two feet away from Jimmy Page playing Whole Lotta Love!"

There's a few home movie clips that I haven't seen, and a bit of a song called Embryo pt. 2, which as far as I know, is new material. He also played a neat looking Tele (equipped with a Jazzmaster whammy bar and rail pickups(?) for that.

I won't give away the end jam - and I suggest that others refrain from spelling out every scene in the movie. Part of the joy is in the unexpected. Suffice to say that there's a lot of great material in this - and I haven't even touched on Jack White or the Edge's coolness.

As for the actual evening: JP, JW and the Edge arrived together, looking pretty much like what you'd expect. They smiled and waved to the crowd. The only thing that was slightly disconcerting for me is that both the Edge and Jimmy were chewing gum - quite vigorously. At times I thought he looked a little bit more forbidding than the soft-spoken Jimmy we've seen on film. But that might have been my perception.

More by accident than by design, my buddy and I managed to seat ourselves about 20-30 feet to Jimmy's left, and slightly down a bit so I could turn around and see if he was digging the movie. Yes, yes he was. His little Jimmy head was bopping to the music throughout.

Following the movie (and many standing ovations) there was a Q&A with the Festival director (who did a good job overall). It was here (and throughout the movie really) that I found out that both The Edge and Jack White are really, really funny guys.

-Festival Director: Jack, how did you relate to the other two given that you have different upbringing - I mean (*stumbling*) a different background..like you come from a different place.

-Jack White: It's called America.

-Festival Director: Jack, what did you learn from the Edge? I mean, someone who is a more technologically advanced player.

-Jack White: Technologically advanced?

-Festival Director: (deadpannning) He has more pedals than you.

-The Edge: (deadpannning)I'm a lot older than he is. Give him time.

My personal favorite:

-Festival Director: We have time for one final question. Guys we've looked into all your gear and your different guitars - but if you were stuck on a desert island and could only take one guitar, which one would it be?

-Jack White: I'd take Jimmy's guitar. (Crowd goes nuts)

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Once again thanks for that awesome account.

I will add my own smaller memories soon here .

We're trying to upload the Q/A segments .

Stay tuned ......................

I just realized that I branched off somewhat and started a new thread.

Didn't mean to distract.

The answer to the above question is a no , and sadly so.

Distribution and film business I'm sure will be arranged .

It really is a fine and entertaining bit of cinema. Truly.

Here's Part #1 of the Q/A

Okay - where to begin? The film had absolutely everything you'd want: intimacy, insight and a great deal of humour. I won't give you a blow by blow, as no doubt it will be released shortly. But here are some of my favorite bits:

- Jimmy Page rocking out to his record collection and PLAYING AIR GUITAR to Link Wray's Rumble!!! Like I said - the film had a lot of humour and made me laugh with delight on more than one occasion.

- The trip to Headley Grange where Jimmy showed exactly where Bonzo was sitting when he layed down those epic drums on When the Levee Breaks. This got a round of applause from the audience.

- When Jimmy shows the riff to Whole Lotta Love to Jack & the Edge, the latter two are grinning like: "I can't believe I'm two feet away from Jimmy Page playing Whole Lotta Love!"

There's a few home movie clips that I haven't seen, and a bit of a song called Embryo pt. 2, which as far as I know, is new material. He also played a neat looking Tele (equipped with a Jazzmaster whammy bar and rail pickups(?) for that.

I won't give away the end jam - and I suggest that others refrain from spelling out every scene in the movie. Part of the joy is in the unexpected. Suffice to say that there's a lot of great material in this - and I haven't even touched on Jack White or the Edge's coolness.

As for the actual evening: JP, JW and the Edge arrived together, looking pretty much like what you'd expect. They smiled and waved to the crowd. The only thing that was slightly disconcerting for me is that both the Edge and Jimmy were chewing gum - quite vigorously. At times I thought he looked a little bit more forbidding than the soft-spoken Jimmy we've seen on film. But that might have been my perception.

More by accident than by design, my buddy and I managed to seat ourselves about 20-30 feet to Jimmy's left, and slightly down a bit so I could turn around and see if he was digging the movie. Yes, yes he was. His little Jimmy head was bopping to the music throughout.

Following the movie (and many standing ovations) there was a Q&A with the Festival director (who did a good job overall). It was here (and throughout the movie really) that I found out that both The Edge and Jack White are really, really funny guys.

-Festival Director: Jack, how did you relate to the other two given that you have different upbringing - I mean (*stumbling*) a different background..like you come from a different place.

-Festival Director: Jack, what did you learn from the Edge? I mean, someone who is a more technologically advanced player.

My personal favorite:

-Festival Director: We have time for one final question. Guys we've looked into all your gear and your different guitars - but if you were stuck on a desert island and could only take one guitar, which one would it be?

What an exciting night for you Zepp. I can imagine you feeling so overawed as Jimmy stepped out of the car. Thank you so much for the link to your little vid, it's great. An occasion to remember for a long, long time ;):D

Also thanks for the review. It sounds a brilliant film. It must have been very moving to witness the Headley Grange bit... very gracious of the audience to acknowledge it too.

The British press should watch this movie...and hang there heads in shame. A white-haired old rocker??? They should take every insult back and do ths --> :notworthy:

Much appreciated Honeydripper .

The entire evening was energized and majestic.

Upon JP's arrival and throughout.

It's incredible to witness the sheer respect and awe people have for Jimmy.

Including the celebs.

Note ----

A small portion of the film included JP demonstrating the use of his theramin before The Edge's and Jack White's bedazzled eyes.

And , another morsel was watching JP going into his personal storeage area with some of his guitar collection. It looked like some dundgeon like portion of a small basement.

The equipment strewn around was eye popping.

When I see this film again on Sunday I'm sure more details will come to print.

For now it's nice to just be reading the other's observations and feeling happy that we all saw something wonderous.

Amen

Worth the price of admission all by itself!! Glad the crowd acknowledged it!

But Zepp-4-Life, you are now at a quandary! Don't give away the details or.. give away more details!!! :lol:

Much appreciation for the report! :beer:

My personal favorite:

Thanks for sharing this! Wow! What an amazing night must have been for the people who were there.

Jack can be eccentric at times, but he certainly has sense of humour..... :D

Good day everyone .

After an amazing night and very little sleep we are off to yet , another screening of IMGL.

At 12PM the film plays again for the Press/Industry . I am leaving shortly .

Tomorrow has another screening that we also intend to be at.

We dream of another appearance by JP himself.

I will be back later in the day with the full story.

Thanks to all for the kind words and cheer.

Rock n Roll

Many enormous , gigantic and tremendous thanks to Dandu for the tip about JP being at the It Might Get Loud press conference.

I was there and just got home .

Security allowed me up to the door of the room holding the event.

Peaking through I could see JP and the others in action.

I took a couple of snapshots with no flash as to not raise eyebrows.

Deciding to wait out back was the better idea.

My friend Kevin scoped out the scene and phoned me while I was still outside of the press room and told me that there was a crowd waiting and limousines parked.

I opted for the plan.

One by one each member of the movie came out with finally JP being last.

I captured the whole exit on video .

I will upload the entire file a.s.a.p.

Wow , what a weekend here at the Toronto Festival.

Seeing JP twice in two days and counting -- lol.

Back in a bit.

It appear that I now have 3 identities all writing in the same topic on a few sites.

Too funny , anyways ..........

Jimmy exits the press conference behind the Sutton Place Hotel here in Toronto .

I can't believe how close I was able to get , once again. This time unbelievably close.

I grabbed a milk carton that was laying aside , and used it for the height difference above the others. It really helped.

And when I went around to the passenger side I could easily have just slipped in the back seat almost - lol.

If I honestly was to access the JP security , I would grade it poor.

We need improvements to ensure safety is my honest opinion.

Maybe it's a reflection of the TIFF measures, but I still think JP should consider a tighter ship.

Call that the caring human side of fanship.

I realize it's just a snippet of video , but it really is quite exciting being that close to the man.

Amen

Thanks for all the details :thumbsup: , and I really can't wait to see the movie (though I bet it will be a loooooong time till I do) :( . Agree with you about Jimmy needing tighter security, at least on an occasion like this, judging by the fan response he was getting.

Thanks Aquamarine for the comment and agreement.

Keep JP safe is my motto.

About seeing the movie , honestly don't feel worried about how long because I really feel that this film will find it's way into the market for cinematic distribution.

A short term run would likely be the result followed by in my opinion a cable TV presentation.

Within 2 months tops is my prediction .

Thanks Aquamarine for the comment and agreement.

Keep JP safe is my motto.

About seeing the movie , honestly don't feel worried about how long because I really feel that this film will find it's way into the market for cinematic distribution.

A short term run would likely be the result followed by in my opinion a cable TV presentation.

Within 2 months tops is my prediction .

Two months...DAMN IT, I CAN'T WAIT TWO MONTHS!!! What am I suppose to do in the meantime?

Thanks for all the details :thumbsup: , and I really can't wait to see the movie (though I bet it will be a loooooong time till I do) :( . Agree with you about Jimmy needing tighter security, at least on an occasion like this, judging by the fan response he was getting.

Tighter security for Jimmy only?Well so many celebrities in Toronto this weekend.This is what makes it so great. Toronto aint an armed camp,very open society and hopelfully it remains that way

It would be misleading to suggest that Jimmy was the major attraction. In fact it was Brad Pits picture that was plastered all over the front pages of the papers in Toronto today.

Yesterday I stumbled within two or three feet of a major British tycoon and I can tell you there was not mountains of security.Lebron James was not exactly surrounded by mountains of security either -he was literally surrounded by thousands of admirers.

Archived