Classic Rock Led Zeppelin special

Lee

Not sure if this has been posted already, but I've just picked up a copy of a one-off magazine produced by Classic Rock that's worth a read...looks like a compilation of the various LZ articles they have had over the years.

I can't see any mention of this on the Classic Rock website, but I got my copy from W.H.Smith's here in the UK...not sure if it's available in other countries.

Not sure if this has been posted already, but I've just picked up a copy of a one-off magazine produced by Classic Rock that's worth a read...looks like a compilation of the various LZ articles they have had over the years.

I can't see any mention of this on the Classic Rock website, but I got my copy from W.H.Smith's here in the UK...not sure if it's available in other countries.

I got it too Lee. Not bad, but like all CR specials, a bit steep at £7.99 <_<

Is this only in the uk? ill check out the newstand today see what its about.

This phone number might help you +44 1273 604 300 if that does'nt wok try putting a 0 between the +44 & 127........

I saw the latest issue of CR but not the special, will look out for it. Its a great magazine and the best on the market for Rock music. The specials are steep st 7.99, I bought a copy of the festivals special in the summer but it was choic full of stuff they had put in the monthly mag :(, but it is a still a good mag.

Its good to see in the gig section names of bands from distant past still do something , even if its at the rose and crown :)

Is this only in the uk? ill check out the newstand today see what its about.

It should show up on Canadian bookshelves soon. I was at Chapters the the other day looking for it, but it wasn't out yet. They had the Doors CR special on the stands. It will probably be a few more weeks for the LZ one to come out here.

This sucks IMO not worth it at all

Oh yes it is. Particularly for the younger Zep fan who may not have read any of this collection of great articles when they were originaly published seperately........ A pocket stretcher for some..but well worth it. So when it hits your newstands, grab it while it's there .. You will not be disapointed.

It should show up on Canadian bookshelves soon. I was at Chapters the the other day looking for it, but it wasn't out yet. They had the Doors CR special on the stands. It will probably be a few more weeks for the LZ one to come out here.

Nice ill keep my eye open for it, Thanks for the heads up though!

• 2 weeks later...

On a quick read through after shelling out the whopping £7.99 for this, it has some appalling and unforgivable mistakes - calling Peter Grant "Peter Green", Carouselambra "Casa Hombre", captioning a live pic as "Denmark 1965", and another pic as their first New Yardbirds gig "September 7th 1967". Useless.

I also could not believe my eyes when I read Chris Welch talking about "Out On The Tiles" and saying Robert sings "I'm so glad I'm leaving you" and a voice says "stay!" Come on man! I thought you were a true Zep expert and fan!!!

Wow.

On a quick read through after shelling out the whopping £7.99 for this, it has some appalling and unforgivable mistakes - calling Peter Grant "Peter Green", Carouselambra "Casa Hombre", captioning a live pic as "Denmark 1965", and another pic as their first New Yardbirds gig "September 7th 1967". Useless.

I also could not believe my eyes when I read Chris Welch talking about "Out On The Tiles" and saying Robert sings "I'm so glad I'm leaving you" and a voice says "stay!" Come on man! I thought you were a true Zep expert and fan!!!

Wow.

:o:o

i didnt realise how expensive it was until afterwards (i'd bought it along with some other stuff0 had i have known the price i might not have bothered.

its ok, but most of the articles are just old ones packaged together. so most of it i'd already read. if you've bought any classic rock editions from the last couple of years that feature zeppelin, you'll find those articles copied in this mag

quite why we need an interview with jimmy from just before the O2 gig reproducing so soon after is a bit baffling, but no doubt the printers know that it'll sell as long as it has a zeppelin cover

there are some howling mistakes as knebby mentioned. a zeppelin shot from 67??? whoever proof read this? he/she needs shooting

i saw a marshall magazine last week that repeatedly referred to jimmy as "jimmy paige" you really think they'd know better, him being a valued customer and all

Wow.

:blink: :blink:

There's always a good thing about everything, I guess..... You have just convinced me NOT to pay about US$ 30 :blink: (no kidding) for it here.

I have it. I had ordered it from ebay.uk. Wait til you all see the Zep section of the DVD. I happened to watch it. You all are in for a treat!! Jimmy is adorable in these unseen interviews. I loved it, when I remembered to breathe again.

Enjoy!

Archived