SIRIUS Launching Led Zeppelin Station

kiss of fire

It's only going to work if they can play bootlegs, solo stuff, Yardbirds etc.

Let's hope they have an expansive focus with the format.

The last time around they played all the studio stuff from Zeppelin as well as solo. Their official live releases were also included. As far as bootleg material, I did hear selections from Zurich in 1980 and Southampton in 1973. :cheer:

Can anyone recall, if XM played any other unofficial recordings live or studio when XMLed was on the air earlier this year?

With this re-launch it's possible something's up. The last time occurred around the time of the O2 concert. :unsure:

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/news/2008/10/31...ed-led-zeppelin

Great!!! Glad it's back (even if until the end of the year)... :D

Maybe, there'll be a special announcement from Jimmy and the guys (JPJ, Jason, and TBA singer) on it and here, as to when they decide to tour next year...

R B)

Edited by reids

It's only going to work if they can play bootlegs, solo stuff, Yardbirds etc.

Let's hope they have an expansive focus with the format.

I'm pretty sure it'd be illegal if they played bootlegs.

Illegal because Sirius/XM members pay money to listen to the station.

If the station was non-profit, then I believe bootlegs would be allowable.

And since it's only for 2 months, I think it'll still work. As far as the expansiveness, I don't want to hear any Yardbirds stuff unless it was a song Zeppelin eventually re-made or re-did in some capacity (concert or recording).

Solo stuff would be cool too.

I'm pretty sure it'd be illegal if they played bootlegs.

Illegal because Sirius/XM members pay money to listen to the station.

If the station was non-profit, then I believe bootlegs would be allowable.

Well,then someone better tell Bruce Springsteen,because they play boots of his shows all the fuckin' time.I'm not just referring to a song here and there,I'm talking about complete concerts.At one time,I thought it was very peculiar,because Bruce is famously um,"finicky" about the quality of shows to release to his fans officially-kind of like someone we know ;) -but Sirius has pretty much carte blanch, in regards to what they play.From what I heard,they put up a pretty good sized chunk of change for the privilege.

Maybe Led Zep turned down that particular part of the deal.

Well,then someone better tell Bruce Springsteen,because they play boots of his shows all the fuckin' time.I'm not just referring to a song here and there,I'm talking about complete concerts.At one time,I thought it was very peculiar,because Bruce is famously um,"finicky" about the quality of shows to release to his fans officially-kind of like someone we know ;) -but Sirius has pretty much carte blanch, in regards to what they play.From what I heard,they put up a pretty good sized chunk of change for the privilege.

Maybe Led Zep turned down that particular part of the deal.

Yeah it's hard to say what's legal nowadays.

I just listened to the first 20 minutes of the station's launch.

It sounded like they were going to play:

-all studio recorded material and live albums (of course)

-some unreleased live stuff

-solo stuff

-interviews

So this is nothing we didn't guess already, but just straight from the actual station.

The first 3 songs were:

Rock n Roll

How Many More Times

Whole Lotta Love

It seems like it's drawing a lot on Led Zeppelin nostalgia. Prior to the 6pm start of the channel, there was a looping sequence of Led Zeppelin cuts along with an announcer saying stuff like:

(not direct quotes)

-"The Zeppelins are coming. All citizens are advised to stay in their homes and watch the skies."

-"The Ministry of Defense expects the Zeppelins to be over us at 6pm. What they want is unknown"

If you have XM it is on Channel 39.

:cheer::stereo:

If you have a paid internet subscription to XM, it seems you can't get XM Led. Channel 39 is not listed. :boohoo: Earlier in the year when the station was on XM, it was available via internet. Over on Sirius now however, Channel 12 is available on the internet, so I cancelled my XM subscription and now going for Sirius for this reason. :thumbsup:

Edited by SuperDave

From the Sirius's Album listings:

Physical Graffiti (1975) includes "Kashmir," "In The Light" and "The Rover." B):lol:

http://www.sirius.com/ledzeppelinradio

Whole lotta love for Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin Radio takes over Ch. 12 starting November 1 at 6 pm ET. The channel is a 24/7 celebration of the music and magic of Led Zeppelin. A handcrafted channel dedicated to everything Led Zeppelin, including studio albums, rare and archival concerts, interviews, and listener interaction. A continuous and mystical radio voyage into the past, present and future of the mighty Led Zeppelin.

Edited by The Rover

If you have a paid internet subscription to XM, it seems you can't get XM Led. Channel 39 is not listed. :boohoo: Earlier in the year when the station was on XM, it was available via internet. Over on Sirius now however, Channel 12 is available on the internet, so I cancelled my XM subscription and now going for Sirius for this reason. :thumbsup:

When I first turned on Channel 39, I temporarily lost my signal (I was in my car), then the screen blinked "LOADING" for about 10 seconds before it came on. I found that strange. Sorry you had trouble but I think Sirius may be better anyway.

Many of the Stations on Sirius Offer these Linked Options.... but not (yet) on CH 12 : The Led Zeppelin Channel: :huh:

REQUEST A SONG

SEND US E-MAIL

TELL A FRIEND

However.... LED ZEPPELIN XM RADIO --- CH 39, says to E-Mail Us, because, as they say:

"We'd love to hear what you think about our programming"

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/channelpage.xmc?ch=39

Edited by The Rover

Rain Song from the 1980 "Over Europe" tour is currently playing. Pretty sure it's from Zurich on June 29th. I've had the station on for a few hours now, and this is the first so called rarity I've heard. I love the 1980 versions of this song and this version is one of the best. Something to do with Jonesy's mellotron I guess. :thumbsup::piano:

Edited by SuperDave

FYI, it's now available on XM Online...if everyone already hasn't jumped over to the other side. :)

When I first turned on Channel 39, I temporarily lost my signal (I was in my car), then the screen blinked "LOADING" for about 10 seconds before it came on. I found that strange. Sorry you had trouble but I think Sirius may be better anyway.

Kentuckygirl, the same thing has happened to me lots of times, but only in the morning when I'm driving to work, and has only happened on XM 54. I'll have to see tomorrow morning if it happens on XM 39.