Jay Leno disses Plant, says he looks like The Cowardly Lion from Wizard of Oz

dpat

I agree Roxie....James it is....

If I was James I would be flattered to be likened to an icon like the Lion from The Wizard of Oz..

Juliet :coffee:

PS Jay Leno....you need to retire sooner rather than later.. Bring on Conan...HE'S GOT CLASS..until then I'll sleep rather than watch your show...

I like Leno! Although I'd take Letterman or Conan over him probably.

That's because America is obsessed with celebrities and anything they do. It has nothing to do with talent. So many are just famous for being famous. Look at all the reality shit these days like American Idol and Dancing With The Stars. And there's worse than that. Just a start. So many people are caught up in these award shows and what these twits were wearing at the show. Who cares?

At least some were awarded for their talent and achievements this year. I can think of two!

Yes and many of those stars who are famous for being famous constantly tip off the paparazzi as to their whereabouts and then of course pretend they're being disturbed :rolleyes:

When you get shots taken at you like this, a lot of times it means your getting deserved notoriety and are at the forefront. I'm sure Robert just laughs this stuff off as he has appeared on Leno a few times. I wouldn't make too much of it.

Excellent point SuperDave! :D

That's because America is obsessed with celebrities and anything they do. It has nothing to do with talent. So many are just famous for being famous. Look at all the reality shit these days like American Idol and Dancing With The Stars. And there's worse than that. Just a start. So many people are caught up in these award shows and what these twits were wearing at the show. Who cares?

At least some were awarded for their talent and achievements this year. I can think of two!

True, but at least American Idol is finding and has found some wonderful singing talents (i.e. Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson) and Dancing With The Stars is pretty cool although I don't watch it regularly. It is when some of these famous for being famous types or those still trying to stay in the spotlight, have a reality show about their personal lives what irritates me!! If the media could ignore some of this crap, alot of these people would just go away. It is all so phony, IMO!

True, but at least American Idol is finding and has found some wonderful singing talents (i.e. Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Hudson) and Dancing With The Stars is pretty cool although I don't watch it regularly. It is when some of these famous for being famous types or those still trying to stay in the spotlight, have a reality show about their personal lives what irritates me!! If the media could ignore some of this crap, alot of these people would just go away. It is all so phony, IMO!

I really enjoy "So you think you can dance" because the contestants work their butts off, and winning that show brings you success that's much more about the craft than winning AI.

I think Robert looks fantastic. And like the post says quotes Robert, it must be hard to look like that in those jeans at 60.

This isn't some insult I'm meaning to hurl but I always thought Jay Leno looked like Mr Potato Head, so it isn't like he is much to look at to begin with.

I suppose you have a point with AI. Ingeneral most on that show, have a complete lack of talent and only go on the show to expose themselves to humiliation and make complete asses of themselves.

Jay Leno during the monologue beginning his Tonight Show (on Monday, Feb. 9th) evidently caught the Grammys and asked the audience (paraphrasing), "When did Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin turn into the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz?"

They then showed on the screen a side by side comparion of the two (Percy and Cowardly Lion).

I took a couple of tries myself at their comparison:

http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/view.aspx?ciid=3379777

http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/view.aspx?ciid=3379572

Robert again was confronted with the inevitable question Sunday in the post-Grammy interview tent about his future involvement in any Zeppelin tour.

"How old are you, man?" Plant responded. "Because you look older than me. You try to do 'Communication Breakdown' in these pants."

BDE39EDF-9615-AD22-B5792DB4102FF49F.jpg

Hahaha :lol: I love Jay Leno. I actually think this is pretty funny. Besides, Jay Leno makes fun of everyone. I don't think it matters that he made fun of Plant. My friend saw it and said he was the Cowardly Lion because he won't go on tour with Led Zeppelin.

Edited by JimmyPageZoSo56

Although I miss the butt chin a little bit.

Well, I gotta admit Plant has aged significantly for 60. But you gotta admit, this is still the best looking 60 year old who hasn't rigged his face with cosmetic technology. What you see there is the real deal. I don't care if he gets craggy, he's still my crush. I like him now more than in the 80's or much of 90's.

Well as for Jay Leno and Howard Stern, yeah it's all for fun. I mean how can you take that seriously for instance Leno he's one to talk him with his face the shape of quarter moon and talks with a lizzzzp. And Howard Stern, well he's really creepy and looks like the bottom of a frying pan, you wonder if he came from earth. You know I bet they both like and respect Robert Plant, it's just another day in radio and late night show. I mean these two with whom no one ever will bother if they left their shirts open, if you know what I mean there's a reason why Howard Stern is on radio and Jay Leno on late night. At most the joke's really on them. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I gotta admit Plant has aged significantly for 60. But you gotta admit, this is still the best looking 60 year old who hasn't rigged his face with cosmetic technology.

On the contrary, I think he looks better than the celebrities who desperately to look young with botox and surgery.

On the contrary, I think he looks better than the celebrities who desperately to look young with botox and surgery.

Especially when there are oxygenated facial cleansers easily available at the drug stores. Oxygen alone brightens the complexion and counteracts any sallow appearance. Botox is almost too obvious, and surgery can have adverse side effects.

Especially when there are oxygenated facial cleansers easily available at the drug stores. Oxygen alone brightens the complexion and counteracts any sallow appearance. Botox is almost too obvious, and surgery can have adverse side effects.

:D Good point, and, what's important, he loves what he does now, I am sure, and he stated it a number of times. Somehow it ads to his good looks, I am sure. :wub:

:D Good point, and, what's important, he loves what he does now, I am sure, and he stated it a number of times. Somehow it ads to his good looks, I am sure. :wub:

I agree!! He still has his groove on :rolleyes:

As one who has seen him a few months ago..My girlfriend was drooling as equally as I...The young Robert is still in there...to see him smile and feel his energy B) ....OOOHHH!!!!Way to stay true to yourself Rob...we are enjoying every moment too!!!

I agree!! He still has his groove on :rolleyes:

As one who has seen him a few months ago..My girlfriend was drooling as equally as I...The young Robert is still in there...to see him smile and feel his energy B) ....OOOHHH!!!!Way to stay true to yourself Rob...we are enjoying every moment too!!!

That is so interesting! Can we ask you to tell what show it was, any photoes made? Or may be a thread, if you discussed it already B)