Which has been the best decade for music?

Mudbugclub

There is no right answer for this one because it depends on what you like and what genre of music you like. For me it'd be the 20's, I don't think modern music ever got better than the early blues greats. To this day stuff like Tommy Johnson's Canned Heat Blues blows my mind, a guy telling the story about how he's killing himself by drinking sterno is heavier than anything any hard rock band did.

The 70s.

You start off with the soft rock/singer-songwriter era (Bread, The Carpenters, Carly Simon, James Taylor, Carole King), move through to the harder rock era (Stones, Who, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin) and then end with disco, punk and the beginning of New Wave.

That's a lot of diversity for a 10 year period.

Which has been the best decade for music?

50's

60's

70's

80's

90's

00's

If you fancy having a vote go to

http://www.thisdayinmusic.com

How's it going "Mugbugclub" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? My day at work is almost finished for the day and I'm looking forward to going home. This is a very interesting question. I can easily say the 1950's since that decade was the humble beginnings for Rock n' Roll although the music technology was very primitive and dinosaur meaning that there was no technology back then. In my opinion, the BEST decade for music is without a doubt a doubt, the 1960's. The 1960's introduced a lot of new music technology in the studio as well as live recordings thanks to music innovator's such as Sir George Martin and Brian Wilson. 1967 was the single greatest year in all of Rock n' Roll history. 1967 introduced music in a more artistic way and opened all doors for music. Had it not been for 1967, 1969 or the entire 1970's would have never happened quite the way it did. The 1970's would reap all of the great fruits and rewards that the music of the 1960's introduced technology wise resulting in the 1970's giving us some of Rock's all-time greatest moments of music ever. ROCK ON!

There is no right answer for this one because it depends on what you like and what genre of music you like. For me it'd be the 20's, I don't think modern music ever got better than the early blues greats. To this day stuff like Tommy Johnson's Canned Heat Blues blows my mind, a guy telling the story about how he's killing himself by drinking sterno is heavier than anything any hard rock band did.

No there isn't - good decade though not just on the blues end but jazz as well. I think each decade offers something - perhaps some have had more impact than others but I don't know if I could narrow it down.

The 70s.

You start off with the soft rock/singer-songwriter era (Bread, The Carpenters, Carly Simon, James Taylor, Carole King), move through to the harder rock era (Stones, Who, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin) and then end with disco, punk and the beginning of New Wave.

That's a lot of diversity for a 10 year period.

That is a lot of diversity - never really thought about it like that!

Tough call !!! It would be impossible for me to consider 1955 - 1975 as anything other than one huge era in music period. Rock, folk, blues, jazz, and contemporary all had their own major influences and then the fusion of all those styles just created a whole new sound altogether. Just think of all the artists that were going during that period. You could make a list of a hundred great ones and without a doubt you would be forgetting someone who was a major influence. I can't think of another time frame that even comes close.

Tough call !!! It would be impossible for me to consider 1955 - 1975 as anything other than one huge era in music period. Rock, folk, blues, jazz, and contemporary all had their own major influences and then the fusion of all those styles just created a whole new sound altogether. Just think of all the artists that were going during that period. You could make a list of a hundred great ones and without a doubt you would be forgetting someone who was a major influence. I can't think of another time frame that even comes close.

:thumbsup:

Archived