Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
SteveAJones

The Rest in Peace Thread

Death does not take a holiday.

All attention is going to Carrie Fisher naturally...she was Princess Leia in the pop-culture juggernaut Star Wars and she was fairly young. She made a memorable first-impression on me in "Shampoo". I don't remember if I mentioned this on the Forum but I saw her documentary "Bright Lights: Starring Carrie Fisher & Debbie Reynolds" at the AFI Fest back in November and it was both funny and deeply moving. Look for it on HBO soon. It is worth watching.

But along with Carrie, another beloved part of my childhood passed away...George Irving, long-time stage actor and the voice of 'Heat Miser' from "The Year Without Santa Claus" TV special.

R.I.P. Carrie and George. :(
http://www.playbill.com/article/american-actor-george-s-irving-dies

I was thinking about Carrie last night before I went to bed and I just had a feeling this was going to be the news today.  So sad for her mother to outlive her daughter.

As a lifelong Star Wars fan, I am really upset about Carrie Fisher. Must be true about taking the good ones early.

This seems to have gone unmentioned here and pretty much elsewhere...

LUPITA TOVAR, who starred in the Spanish version of Dracula (1931), passed away about six weeks ago at the age of 106.

4 minutes ago, ledzepfvr said:

Unbelievable.......

That about says it all...

I'm just about cried out...no words can suffice. At least mother and daughter are together.

6 year old Carrie Fisher watching from the wings as her mother Debbie Reynolds performs on stage at the Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas -- 1963

FB_IMG_1482981664093.jpg

^^^ Ahhh, I just saw that pic posted on Facebook.  What a gem, so precious!  Rest In Peace, dear mother and daughter. ❤

Debbie Reynolds mentioned at 1:17, her doomed marriage to Eddie Fisher referenced at 4:40 of White, Clean and Neat:

Edited by SteveAJones

20 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

This seems to have gone unmentioned here and pretty much elsewhere...

LUPITA TOVAR, who starred in the Spanish version of Dracula (1931), passed away about six weeks ago at the age of 106.

She was beautiful in the Mexican version of Dracula. Many think it's a better version than Lugosi's. They filmed on the same set at night after the Lugosi day crew went home.