Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Mook

Jimmy Page confirms 2018 release(s)

Recommended Posts

What a disappointment AGAIN from Mr. Page. He should stop giving interviews talking about "new stuff". Maybe he'll start to remaster the remasters from I, II and III again since it's been already a few years since they were relased.

Edited by the-ocean87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the-ocean87 said:

What a disappointment AGAIN from Mr. Page. He should stop giving interviews talking about "new stuff". Maybe he'll start to remaster the remasters from I, II and III again since it's been already a few years since they were relased.

Don't forget there is unheard stuff in this 1973 MSG performance, Jimmy found some Timpani buried in the multitrack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/2018/06/21/led-zeppelin-the-song-remains-the-same-reissue-details-preorder/

It looks like I’ll just buy the remastered blu-ray (5.1) like I did for HTWWW. 

Hope they have info by Zeptember on the 50th Anniversary Live (series of promised stuff) for at least a November or December 2018 release. 😳

R😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And that concludes the reissue campaign! 

I think that the way the release of the 3 live reissues could have been handled better. 

We weren’t sure that all three (BBC, HTWWW, TSRTS) of them were to be released and over what time period and so it got mixed up with the potential for 50th year celebration stuff. 

IMHO it would have been better to hype/release the 3 of em at the same time and frame them as a collection before getting into the 50th debate. But I’m sure time didn’t permit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JAP said:

And that concludes the reissue campaign! 

I think that the way the release of the 3 live reissues could have been handled better. 

We weren’t sure that all three (BBC, HTWWW, TSRTS) of them were to be released and over what time period and so it got mixed up with the potential for 50th year celebration stuff. 

IMHO it would have been better to hype/release the 3 of em at the same time and frame them as a collection before getting into the 50th debate. But I’m sure time didn’t permit 

Yeah, thats a great point.

There is a lot of hate in here for this upcoming release. Somewhat understandable, but man, calm down. If you don't want it, don't buy it. (*although I agree entirely with the No Quarter rage - lol...)

After this there surely is going to be some new material released. The old is now DONE with. Time for the new.

Even if new is Earl's Court or RAH as a stand alone boxed release. - that to me is "new" - as long as it is very expansive in content.

cmon Jimmy, deliver!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could be time to spell it out. 

For example they could say something like , “ expect 3 further live releases Over the next 12 months, one of them will be xx but the other 2 will be surprises. In addition other surprise events and small releases will take place during this time” and that’s  your lot!

I’m not saying that specific content is going to happen. I’m saying it’s time to start communicating as people are getting pissed off.

It comes across as though they are winging it. Only when you look back on it do you see the plan.

You can still have surprises and manage expectations. It can makes such a difference to how positively people react 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a little confused about why two of the three live releases are available in 5.1 but none of the studio stuff is. With the limited number of tracks available in a live recording, the 5.1 release doesn't add much to it. Whereas a 5.1 release of the studio albums have the tracks available to add lots of depth and make things interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone losing hope, it's important to remember that Page sat on the HTWWW tapes for thirty years. It's not crazy to think that he could drop another live bomb on us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2018 at 12:42 PM, JTM said:

Don't forget there is unheard stuff in this 1973 MSG performance, Jimmy found some Timpani buried in the multitrack. 

LMFAO.........................................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TSRTS reissue is only worthwhile if the full length, unedited No Quarter solo is presented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

TSRTS reissue is only worthwhile if the full length, unedited No Quarter solo is presented.

Agreed Steve.  That's why on my iTunes I downloaded the remastered TSRTS from 2007, deleted the 2007 of NQ and inserted the unremastered version from cd.  Much better listening pleasure.  Also included Thank You as well at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

TSRTS reissue is only worthwhile if the full length, unedited No Quarter solo is presented.

Also, the better , original LP version of Celebration Day, the better edit of SIBLY (the movie version is fucked up) , and the better Whole Lotta Love from the original LP version . Basically a re-edited remix. If all we are getting is the same 2007 version, that will be lame. But I assume the restricted copyright issues with the film will prevent any changes to the music. Isn't that the deal??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

TSRTS reissue is only worthwhile if the full length, unedited No Quarter solo is presented.

Exactly along with better (original lp mixes of Celebration Day, Since I’ve Been Loving You,  WLL) as well as Thank You. Bonus content is a must as the 2007 remaster (edit) was a major disappointment.

R😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tyler19 said:

I am a little confused about why two of the three live releases are available in 5.1 but none of the studio stuff is. With the limited number of tracks available in a live recording, the 5.1 release doesn't add much to it. Whereas a 5.1 release of the studio albums have the tracks available to add lots of depth and make things interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×