Page Press Conference in Tokyo

SteveAJones

Jimmy Page will appear at a press conference in Tokyo next week. So far as I know,

this shall be his first public speaking engagement since the 02 Arena concert.

This sounds interesting

Just read about this.... HAS to be good news right?! :) Not saying a tour.... but at least good news.

I'd like to think that maybe it has to do with a release , say Japan 71... but that would be getting my hopes up a little too much :unsure:

I'd like to think that maybe it has to do with a release , say Japan 71... but that would be getting my hopes up a little too much :unsure:

YES, that's it!! Page finally remembered that the Japan 71 tour wasn't only multitracked but also professionally filmed. And now a 5 DVD / 10 CD set is on the way containing all 5 concerts from this tour, complete in audio and video :D .

The weird thing is: I really (seriously) hope that something like this will happen :blink:

Mysteries upon enigmas... If he's going to talk about a new Gibson Pagey guitar, why Japan? If he's going to announce a Zep tour, why alone?

I'm thinking he's going to formally apologise for his involvement in the "Godzilla" remake and his collaboration with the icksome Diddy. :)

I'm thinking he's going to formally apologise for his involvement in the "Godzilla" remake and his collaboration with the icksome Diddy. :)

If only! I enjoy watching Pagey's performances at Netaid, but can barely abide the bastardization of a classic song.

He probably comes to Japan mainly to collect CDs & DVDs of O2 concert,etc.

I heard that one of these shops at NishiShinjyuku, Tokyo, received a phone call from Jimmy recently. He asked "what time is your shop closed?".

He comes to Tokyo occasionally for this purpose. NishiShinjyuku is a famous area several this kind of shops gathered.

This weekend, many fans who want to meet Jimmy will be around at NishiSinjyuku. B)

There are many serious vintage guitar collections in Japan. I've been told by guys that run quality shops that all the best pickings for vintage guitars are over there. At insane prices of course.

It would make total sense to do a Gibson Press conference, they will snap up those things at any price.

Maybe he found Black Beauty? :lol:

Seriously, I doubt it's anything Zeppelin related. Since when did the band ever have a presser to announce anything? They didn't for the DVD and HTWWW, nor did they for TSRTS or the reunion show.

I presume he'll simply fulfill promotional duties for the Mothership and TSRTS releases.

The press conference will be held in Tokyo's Shinjuku district, where he loves to shop

for Led Zeppelin bootlegs.

For the autograph hounds onboard, Jimmy's staying at the same hotel he stayed at for the 1996 Page/Plant Japanese Tour, which if I remember correctly is the Park Hyatt Hotel.

Jimmy Page will appear at a press conference in Tokyo next week. So far as I know,

this shall be his first public speaking engagement since the 02 Arena concert.

Hello Steve and welcome back from your trip. could you let me know through email the details as they develop?

Hello Steve and welcome back from your trip. could you let me know through email the details as they develop?

Not back from the trip (LOL) but I'll pass along any details as they become known. I'm

pretty sure this is simply a promotional stint for the Far Eastern market.

Since when did the band ever have a presser to announce anything? They didn't for the DVD and HTWWW, nor did they for TSRTS or the reunion show.

Actually, Robert Plant and JPJ held a press conference in Hamburg, Germany to promote HTWWW & Led Zeppelin DVD, among other recent examples. Obviously, JPJ's attention

is focused on his involvement with the Grammy's and Robert has shown minimal desire to promote any of last year's Led Zeppelin releases given his involvement with Krauss.

Jimmy has always been the one to handle the Japanese market, with or without Robert.

I'm

pretty sure this is simply a promotional stint for the Far Eastern market.

Agreed. Too much has come out recently (O2 reunion, TSRTS revision, Mothership). I hardly expect it to be more than a visit and some shaking of hands and mugging for the massive Japanese fanbase. Glad he's getting out though. :beer:

This seems like all speculation in what this press conference may or may not involve. We'll find out soon enough.

This comes from Contactmusic.com. Nothing more than we already know.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...ference_1057428

LED ZEPPELIN fans hoping for a full reunion tour have been given a boost in the form of a Japanese press conference. Fansite *** reports guitarist Jimmy Page will hold a meeting with the media at the Park Hyatt Hotel in Shinjyuku on Monday (28Jan08). Details about the subject of the press conference have not been released, but fans hope it's to announce more Led Zeppelin dates. The group members reunited for a tribute to Atlantic Records founder Ahmet Ertegun in London last month (Dec08), and stories about a full tour have been rampant ever since. Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones have yet to confirm any of the tour rumours. Reports have suggested the band could earn well over $200 million (GBP100 million) from a full-scale world tour.

Archived