Love at first listen

erings

while i'd struggle to include this song in my top 10

now, "whole lotta love" did it for me. in 1978

most people still had am radios in their cars....

so to hear that stereo sepperation (on my pos

by todays standards stereo that i begged for for x-mas)

it was outta body like cool to a 14yr old head.

i'd lay on the floor between the speakers and

close my eyes and float away. if i'd had home

surround sound back then they'd have found me

comatose in a chair like christopher reeves in

the movie "somewhere in time".

I can remember being incredibly impressed at all the different stuff coming out of the different speakers and bouncing back and forth and such in the middle section! Amazing, wasn't it. :D

I remember when i first heard Over the hills and that just blew my mind cuz it was like hearing a story with bookends. But the two songs that made me completely obsessed was That's The Way and the ocean

I thought That's The Way was one of the most beautiful songs ever written

When i first heard the ocean on How the wast was won i was like, These four guys came up with the most fun song ever and are having the best time playing it live.

your post inspired me to throw on LZ3 and remind myself which

song "that's the way" was. (don't hate me JaneCool!) before I

tell you how moved i was by this particular listening, let me

remind that i still hear zep by the side...in the modern age of cd's,

downloads and greatest hits packages the pleasure of the album

side has been forgotten. while side a of zep3 is my #2 all time

side (yes i've rated these) side b was my least played. i've heard it

a thousand times, but i've heard the others five thousand times.

so i've seldom, if ever, heard "TTW" stand alone so to speak.

the acoustics are dreamlike and the heavy choir coming in at the

end of just one verse was classic led zeppelin out of the box before

there was an "outta the box". i've always dug zep's acoustic work

and that love grows as i age. so it's your fault that i'm gonna be

playing catch up on this tune!(only four thousand nine hundred

ninety nine.....make that nine hundred ninety eight to go.

I can remember being incredibly impressed at all the different stuff coming out of the different speakers and bouncing back and forth and such in the middle section! Amazing, wasn't it. :D

definitely cool! of all my rock-n-roll buddies in school

i was the only one that could point to the correct speaker

before the sound came out and never miss. i could have

been on "stupid human tricks" on david letterman:)

y i've always dug zep's acoustic work

and that love grows as i age. so it's your fault that i'm gonna be

playing catch up on this tune!(only four thousand nine hundred

ninety nine.....make that nine hundred ninety eight to go.

glad to be of service man. but my first zep album was how the was was won, so the version from that is the first i heard, but i think the studio version has so much beautiful pedal steel guitar in it. it really is a perfect studio song as well.

• 2 weeks later...

My first Zeppelin song to fell in love with was Dazed and Confused. At that time I knew nothing about the band, but I had been already interested in classic rock. So it gave me a sudden impulse to look for LZ recordings beginning from the 1st album and just give it a try. And it was worth it! I was quite astonished by these deep sounds, deep feelings and nerve coming through this song, that it made me dig deeper in attempt to explore this music heaven. :)

PS. It's my 1st post here so I'd like to say Hi to everyone! I'm from Russia and I'm so glad to meet all Zeppelin's fans and besides practice my English!:DSorry if there are any mistakes or if I sound too official:rolleyes:I'm not so much experienced in talking to native speakers.

Kashmir was it for me. Before I turned into a "zep head" Kashmir was the song that got me hooked. Once I started listening to more of their music the more I recognized from the radio/sporting events. Then one day it just clicked that this IS the best band EVER!

Oh wow... too many! Night Flight, Ten Years Gone, IMTOD Goin To California

Rain Song is probably the top one though

Yea, The Rain Song did it for me too. I find something new to love about it each and every time i listen to it.

There are many Zep songs that took me a few listens to really get "into" them, but there are a few where the minute I heard them, I had to hear more.

--Tea For One

--When The Levee Breaks

--That's The Way

--Kashmir

--In The Evening

--Ten Years Gone

The first LZ song that I ever heard was Immigrant Song. When I was a child and my mom used to drive me around shopping with her before I even started school yet, she would play Immigrant Song, ALOT. I never knew who it was, or who was singing the 'Ahhhh!' but I liked it.

Still one of my top Zep songs out of all, it's just bona-fide badass.

Definitely SIBLY, the first time I saw TSRTS at the midnight movie. Hearing Stairway, Rock&ROll etc. on FM radio was one thing, but seeing that song done live just totally blew my 15 year old mind.

My first Zeppelin song to fell in love with was Dazed and Confused. At that time I knew nothing about the band, but I had been already interested in classic rock. So it gave me a sudden impulse to look for LZ recordings beginning from the 1st album and just give it a try. And it was worth it! I was quite astonished by these deep sounds, deep feelings and nerve coming through this song, that it made me dig deeper in attempt to explore this music heaven. :)

PS. It's my 1st post here so I'd like to say Hi to everyone! I'm from Russia and I'm so glad to meet all Zeppelin's fans and besides practice my English!:DSorry if there are any mistakes or if I sound too official:rolleyes:I'm not so much experienced in talking to native speakers.

Me too!

Please post again, your English is very good. :)

I've been a Zepp fan for over a year now and I remember hearing "All My Love" in the car and I thought it was a really good so I looked it up and after that I heard "Black Dog" and I fell in love with it and I've been a Zepp fan ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

Been catching up on everyone's posts - LOVE the stories!!!!! keepem' comin'! biggrin.gif

Houses of the Holy - it makes me want to dance EVERY time I listen to it . I first heard it after I bought Mothership. It sucked me in and I was SO mad that the radio had been hiding this song from me for so long!

I think I might also be diggin that HOTH is not actually ON the album wink.gif

Also love Nobodies Fault But Mine - it's a theme I can identify with. The music pushes you around, it's big and dirty and has so much attitude. AND it is just so ... tight - everyone of the boys is so On, if you know what I mean. cool.gif When I am alone, I turn it up REALLY loud - it's cathartic somehow. (just looked up cathartic - yes, that is definatly the word)

Wow... seeing as I only became a Zepp head last year (spending the summer and autumn in some kind of wonderful trance!), the memories of which songs I instantly fell in love with on my first listen are still pretty fresh to me. Without listing every Zepp song ever written, here are just the ones that spring to mind:

• Since I've Been Loving You sent shivers up my spine the first time I heard it (and every time since!)
  • I fell in love with That's the Way on its opening notes... just so beautiful
  • I was hooked on When the Levee Breaks to the point of almost comatose when it was playing wink.gif
  • Babe I'm Gonna Leave You nearly reduced me to tears the first time I heard it - what it is about that song that is so powerful?!
  • Oh and... In My Time Of Dying sucked me right in, straight away. Love it.

I really could go on, because I pretty much loved all the songs on first hearing them. But the ones above were the ones that I think really blew me away without even having heard them all the way through... and contributed massively to my epic falling for LZ. biggrin.gif

I may have come to them a bit late, but boy am I making up for it with passion now!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived