Osama bin Laden DEAD

SuperDave

I would imagine in 1945 there was some celebrating over Hitler's death. I have heard enough of this bastard.

Here in England we never celebrated the Death of Hitler, just Rejoyced that the War was over.

Wouldn't know if other Countries Celebrated, his Death, would have thought they were the same as the English and were relieved that the war was over.

But then again War & Terrorism are two differant things.

Oh, my post wasn't directed at anyone in particular on our Forum. I had just been reading about reaction in the European press - mainly France and Germany - about how distasteful they found "Americans celebrating an assasination" and it seemed like a grossly unfair generalization. From what I had seen and read, the celebrations were very few and far between.

Don't be too concerned FireOpal,when Germany say's "jump",France say's "how high?".

Not directing this to anyone in particular, but could we please relax with all the fighting.

Respectfully--why not? Never mind.

Anytime you bring "God" into an argument, the people having the discussion won't go to hell but the conversation will.

Humor. Look it up.

Edited by Aquamarine

I think that it was a gutsy call that the President made and I am proud of him for not releasing the photographs as nothing good could have come from it. The terrorists know that Bin Laden is dead and they are the ones that count so they don't need photos for proof. I think that the President has conducted himself in a highly professional manner and with respect to his predecessor and to those of the Muslim failth.

I am surprised by the jubulant celebration by the mostly young people, the so called "Millenial Generation". I have underestimated how much they were affected by 9/11. That event has defined their generation. The capturing of Bin Laden puts a close to that chapter of their lives. I can understand their brief celebration on Sunday night, the night of the announcement. It serves as a sign that they can now move on past it, it gives them a sense of closure, a sense of hope for their future. The celebration was extemporaneous and brief. I think that maybe some in the media have blown it out of proportion and are using it as some kind of propoganda. But I don't think that anyone's death should be celebrated. All life is sacred.

I was in New York City that weekend, and the security was extremely tight on Sunday night around 6 PM at LaGuardia Airport when I left. The security lines were long and the screeners were extra diligent. They must have been told to increase their vigilance as they were expecting something big to be announced?

And the British Royal Family must have been tipped off as William and Kate announced on that Saturday/Sunday that they were postponing their honeymoon?

Editing to say: There weren't too many tourists around New York City during that weekend. It was the least busy, tourist wise, that I think that I have ever seen it. I don't think that the people celebrating at ground zero were all tourists.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

And the British Royal Family must have been tipped off as William and Kate announced on that Saturday/Sunday that they were postponing their honeymoon?

That makes no sense whatsoever. Why would two people who have nothing to do with the United States, our government, our military, Pakistan, or OBL postpone their honeymoon because the President ordered a hit on somebody?

They postponed their honeymoon because William had to go back to work. He had commitments in Wales after the wedding, so he and Catherine had to high-tail it back up there before they could finally leave. It had nothing to do with Osama Bin Laden taking two in the face.

Come on, you were joking there weren't you? Please tell me you were joking.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Why would two people who have nothing to do with the United States, our government, our military, Pakistan, or OBL postpone their honeymoon because the President ordered a hit on somebody?

They postponed their honeymoon because William had to go back to work. He had commitments in Wales after the wedding, so he and Catherine had to high-tail it back up there before they could finally leave. It had nothing to do with Osama Bin Laden taking two in the face.

I am serious. I did put a question mark at the end of my comment to indicate that it is a speculation. The answer may never be publicly known.

The honeymoon was planned as well as his time off from work. He is the future king, I am sure he can be off work whenever he pleases, particularly for his honeymoon. And there could be no better reason to delay than due to a security threat. They wouldn't have used the word "postpone" if they were planning in advance to go at a later date due to the prince's work schedule.

I will not argue with you.

http://www.dailymail...-honeymoon.html

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

I am serious. I did put a question mark at the end of my comment to indicate that it is a speculation. The answer may never be publicly known.

The honeymoon was planned as well as his time off from work. He is the future king, I am sure he can be off work whenever he pleases, particularly for his honeymoon. And there could be no better reason to delay than due to a security threat. They wouldn't have used the word "postpone" if they were planning in advance to go at a later date due to the prince's work schedule.

I will not argue with you.

http://www.dailymail...-honeymoon.html

I hadn't put two and two together,then last week my wife said pretty much exactly what you said.I think that it is entirely feasible that any royal honeymoon would be postponed under the circumstances of that weekend.In the eyes of some he is the future King of a "crusader" nation that is an ally of the U.S. and all that implies.Britain also has many historic ties with Pakistan.

I hadn't put two and two together,then last week my wife said pretty much exactly what you said.I think that it is entirely feasible that any royal honeymoon would be postponed under the circumstances of that weekend.In the eyes of some he is the future King of a "crusader" nation that is an ally of the U.S. and all that implies.Britain also has many historic ties with Pakistan.

Hi All,

I'm pretty sure there was to be no Honeymoon Holiday that weekend, not because of the intended asSASsination of OBL but more so to evade the European Paparazzi from there incessant voyeurism of anything remotely interesting to their readers.

And lets not dwell to long on worrying about using words like "Crusade" please, because as any expert either Professional or Hamature (like myself) would know, the Muslims started this Holy-war or Jihad against Christianity long before any "Crusade" was planned by the West, so like the Scotch, Irish and the Welchers, they only have their selves to blame.

So I say "Good Riddance To Arse-Sama" and lets get it on with his replacement, whoever that Arsehole may be.

Regards, Danny

PS, Only this time can WE drop the lies and show some Holiday Snaps please? :yesnod:

I doubt that the SEALS would have jeopardized their mission by tipping anyone off too explicitly.

Osama was killed in Pakistan early on Sunday, May 1.

The wedding took place in London a little after 10:00 am local time on Friday, April 29.

There is a time difference of about 4 hours between the two locations.

So the couple had already married by the time the action occurred in Pakistan.

As for the honeymoon timeline, they probably kept that private as it happened to prevent any unsavory scenarios, like the one when William's mother, Princess Diana, was killed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Source: Osama Bin Laden Death Detours the Royal Honeymoon!

today.msnbc.msn.com

"The principal reasons for Wills and Kate choosing the Seychelles is because of the level of personal security they can enjoy there, following the Osama bin Laden takedown and unrest elsewhere in the world," a royal family insider reveals to us.

Buckingham Palace, like much of the rest of the world, is on high alert after the infamous terrorist's takedown.

And it appears everyone is taking extra measures to ensure the security of the world's most-watched couple. "The exotic string of islands in the Indian Ocean, including Mahe, the main island, can be virtually locked down--save for incoming tourist flights, all passengers on which will be vigorously profiled," says our top Brit source.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Osama bin Laden dead: evidence, timeline

abclocal.go.com

Just after midnight Sunday, May 1, in Pakistan, 30 to 40 Navy SEALs flew across the border from Afghanistan on two U.S. helicopters. They dropped down onto the roof on ropes and secured the building. There were no guards protecting bin Laden's hideout, which expedited the whole operation. When U.S. forces entered the room where bin Laden was staying, the al Qaeda leader refused to surrender. At that point, he was shot...

World Clock Pakistan

World Clock London

Time Zone Converter

Edited by Silver Rider

I cannot believe someone actually thinks a Duke and Duchess in England postponed a honeymoon in the Seychelles because the US president ordered Navy SEALs to shoot a terrorist hiding in Pakistan in the face.

I post on a message board devoted strictly to royals (http://www.theroyalforums.com), especially the British Royal Family, and there's a ton of posters there far more knowledgeable about them than I am, and I can assure you with the utmost confidence that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge did not postpone their honeymoon because Osama Bin Laden was killed. There has however been a lot of discussion on said message board about how William had to go back to Wales after the wedding to return to work in relation with his job as a Search and Rescue pilot for the RAF, and there were photographs of Catherine doing the grocery shopping at Waitrose for their home not more than a day or so before they actually left. If they HAD postponed their honeymoon because of this Navy SEALs event, it would have been mentioned in the multitude of articles posted on the boards about the two of them in the near week now since it happened. I read the article you posted, and it's nothing but baseless speculation. Especially since there's a quote from a spokesperson from Buckingham Palace saying that the decision to delay the honeymoon was made weeks ago, before Bin Laden was killed. Why would a delay made weeks ago, have anything to do with something that happened weeks later? Unless you think that Obama personally called William and said "Hey man, I'm going to pop a cap in Osama's ass, so delay your honeymoon for me. Cool."

Edited by Electrophile

Monday in Pakistan though. Time difference and all.

That Monday in Pakistan was still May 2nd, as well as Monday in the US was May 2nd.

I understand what you are saying. With the time difference, the early hours of Monday May 2nd in Pakistan occurred on Sunday, May 1st in the US. We don't know for sure what the exact timing of events were, only what we have been told, and the story keeps changing.

I believe that Obama gave the go ahead orders for the raid on Bin Laden on Friday, April 29th, the day of the wedding ,and knew that it was going to take place within a few days when Will and Kate would have been on their honeymoon. So it is conceivable that he could have tipped the Royal Family prior to the raid taking place and left it up to their discretion to proceed as planned or not with the honeymoon. It is obvious from the pictures of the "war room" that many were tipped off prior to the raid, so it is not beyond the realm of possibility that a courtesy call was made to the Prime Minister or others in England, considering the high profile of the wedding.

Like I said before, we probably will never know the truth about the postponement. It is just speculation. And I think that most people are smart enough not to believe everything that they are told, such as the prince having to work and needing to postpone a planned honeymoon. Who cares anyway. It is in the past.

That Monday in Pakistan was still May 2nd, as well as Monday in the US was May 2nd.

I understand what you are saying. With the time difference, the early hours of Monday May 2nd in Pakistan occurred on Sunday, May 1st in the US. We don't know for sure what the exact timing of events were, only what we have been told, and the story keeps changing.

I believe that Obama gave the go ahead orders for the raid on Bin Laden on Friday, April 29th, the day of the wedding ,and knew that it was going to take place within a few days when Will and Kate would have been on their honeymoon. So it is conceivable that he could have tipped the Royal Family prior to the raid taking place and left it up to their discretion to proceed as planned or not with the honeymoon. It is obvious from the pictures of the "war room" that many were tipped off prior to the raid, so it is not beyond the realm of possibility that a courtesy call was made to the Prime Minister or others in England, considering the high profile of the wedding.

Like I said before, we probably will never know the truth about the postponement. It is just speculation. And I think that most people are smart enough not to believe everything that they are told, such as the prince having to work and needing to postpone a planned honeymoon. Who cares anyway. It is in the past.

No, you're right. It was Sunday. Sorry for the confusion.

please tell us that YOU were joking.

two people that have nothing to do with the U.S. government, military, pakistan ...... :blink:

william is the future king of england, i'd say he's a pretty important person, even a V.I.P ...... of course the honeymoon was postponed after the bin laden shooting. why else would they plan the wedding down to the enth degree, but yet forget that william " had to go back to work for a few days" ???? it just doesn't make sense. i reckon what happened was that they couldn't do anything about changing the wedding, it ( the raid on bin laden ) all happened so quickly, but to postpone the honeymoon the way they did, was easy, and imho correct. but i also think they should have kept the destination secret, though it would have probably been impossible with all the paparazzi attention they attract.

you say you know this is wrong, because you are a member of a royal family site? sorry, that gets a :rolleyes: from me.

well, i'm a member on a led zeppelin site, but i sure as hell don't know everthing that goes on in the private lives of the band members! especially regarding any of their weddings/honeymoons!

i haven't posted this to start a fight with you, electrphile, but i thought the way you posted in response to buckeye doc was a tad rude. she ( and i ) have our opinions as do you. :)

Here in England we never celebrated the Death of Hitler, just Rejoyced that the War was over.

Wouldn't know if other Countries Celebrated, his Death, would have thought they were the same as the English and were relieved that the war was over.

But then again War & Terrorism are two differant things.

THAT is the real problem, unless we stop considering war and terrorism as being 2 DIFF things, we will never win the fight against the latter!!:):)