What do you believe in?

Anjin-san

I have always believed that if aliens were to ever visit us then they would be peaceful as a violent and destructive species would have inevitably destroyed themselves before they could ever progress far enough to travel across the universe.

Stephen Hawking's Universe takes a different view. This wouldn't be a very peaceful scenario! :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKjr5OFqhLo

The flaw with this scenario is that it's based on human charactersitics.I don't think think we can ever possibly know what the intentions would be of a species of such higher intelligence than us. Maybe they'd be archeologists like in latest Indiana Jones movie! :D If aliens did visit though, I believe most of the world's religions would lose the power they currently have over people, and that wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Please don't shoot me down for saying that, this is only what I 'believe'.

by sheer coincidence, i just saw the first episode of this, it aired on one of our free-to-air stations.

i am so glad he agrees with you and i, he is after all, a very intelligent guy.

yes, it's a bit scary to think that they may be only coming to our planet to use our resources, let's hope they do come in peace, if they ever do!

have to agree with your second las statement. i think it would be a good thing for people to step back and take a different view of things. i believe many people just go with whatever religion they were shown by their parents, without ever really thinking hard about it at all. :unsure:

I stated what I believe in and Electrophile attacks me, One other thing I believe in is: if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.

Hey! I may not agree with or believe in what you have posted before, but this chick, electrophile, seems to attack almost everyone who replies on this Great forum. I have gotten replies from her that have been ignorant, stupid, callous, sarcastic and sometimes just plain silly. I think that she thinks that she is superior to most of us. I envision her as a sad and bitter woman who has contempt for most people. Most of what she types is good for a laugh. I could care less about some chick that I will never meet and what she says to me or about me. When and if she reads this, and she will, believe me she will attack me again and say things that make me look bad and make her look innocent. Most of us should be able to see right through her.

Hey! I may not agree with or believe in what you have posted before, but this chick, electrophile, seems to attack almost everyone who replies on this Great forum. I have gotten replies from her that have been ignorant, stupid, callous, sarcastic and sometimes just plain silly. I think that she thinks that she is superior to most of us. I envision her as a sad and bitter woman who has contempt for most people. Most of what she types is good for a laugh. I could care less about some chick that I will never meet and what she says to me or about me. When and if she reads this, and she will, believe me she will attack me again and say things that make me look bad and make her look innocent. Most of us should be able to see right through her.

Hi izzoso,

You're so right.

It is.

We do.

No need to thank me.

Regards, Danny

PS, Thought she was Steve's sister. :o;):lol:

PPS, She will. :yesnod:

I Believe that a lot of posters on this Forum have a very high opinion of themselves.( I am talking about all Topics not this 1 in paticular)

I Believe that WE are all entitled to an opinion, and should be allowes to air that opinion without ridicule/ rudeness. :)

Good luck!

Well that explains a lot, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

No, not really. If my only choices in life were to be Steve's "soul mate" or suicide, I'd bite down on a cyanide pill. I'm getting tired of his stalking me around the boards too.

No, not really. If my only choices in life were to be Steve's "soul mate" or suicide, I'd bite down on a cyanide pill. I'm getting tired of his stalking me around the boards too.

Ha. Following you on other forums? Wow. I know its not secret that you frequent Pink Floyd Liz and I know you are a big fan of them as I am. We should all try to just get along. We dont have to like everyone. Just try and get along. We all have one thing in common. We are Led Zeppelin die hards. Except maybe one or two I wont name. Long Live Led Zepplein.

Well I think Electrophile's just grrreat. She knew that Prince Phillip is somewhere in line to the British throne - and she's not even British, I don't think? Whereas I'm English, and I didn't even know that. So, RESPECT :cheer:

I believe in the Ignore function. :D:kiss:

:beer:

In some ways it's tantamount to "nanny nanny boo boo" but in some cases I think it's absolutely necessary. Not because of any desire to hide uncertain truths but rather to not have to read the inanities of certain members of this board that bring nothing to the conversation but nonsensical bullshit.

In some ways it's tantamount to "nanny nanny boo boo" but in some cases I think it's absolutely necessary. Not because of any desire to hide uncertain truths but rather to not have to read the inanities of certain members of this board that bring nothing to the conversation but nonsensical bullshit.

Yes, but does the "ignoree" know he's being ignored? Is there some notification that is sent that tells you that you've been put on the ignore list by someone?

Am I being ignored? :worry: I guess if you don't respond it means I am. :D

Yes, but does the "ignoree" know he's being ignored? Is there some notification that is sent that tells you that you've been put on the ignore list by someone?

Am I being ignored? :worry: I guess if you don't respond it means I am. :D

The ignore feature has a sedative effect and is useful when someone's posts upset you. It reduces the level of interaction and restores inner calm, shielding you from flame wars. Their posts are no longer in your face all the time, but if you are in a better mood you can still read them by clicking the link. If you're having a really bad day you can conceivably put the whole board on ignore.

I believe in the Redeemer.

Archived