Not so hot Zep songs

bouillon

166 members have voted

1. 1. Which are your THREE least favourite?

I just went down tracks album by album and the only songs I usually skip are Hats off to Harper, Tea for One and Carouselambra so not that I don't like them but I guess those are my least favorites...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/5/2017 at 12:15 AM, Zepforever said:

D'yer maker is a classic. It's on the 1st box set by Jimmy for a reason. If you don't like it then you don't get it and therefore not a true fan!

dude, being a true fan doesn't mean that you need to love all of their songs. everyone is entitled to their own opinion (man, that sounded passive aggressive, lol). if you think d'yer mak'er is awesome, fine. hell, i like hats off to [roy] harper, hahaha! but that doesn't mean a true fan can't dislike some songs. 

Edited by thatguynamedjosh247

I'm gonna go back and listen to Carouselumbrella again just to make sure I'm justified in calling it the worst Zep song. It's been ten years since I've heard it.

I love the old bluesy grit of Hats Off. You can't like delta blues and not like this song.

I like Dyer Maker. Catchy riff, powerful vocals, awesome lead work, cool drum fills. You're an asshole if you don't like that stuff.

Hot Dog is a fun song. It's supposed to be a humorous nod to country/rockabilly.

I can tolerate the Crunge because I can hear what it's supposed to be after hearing it live. It just didn't carry over in the studio well.

The Coda tracks are neither here nor there. They're just uncreative and boring.

14 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

I'm gonna go back and listen to Carouselumbrella again just to make sure I'm justified in calling it the worst Zep song. It's been ten years since I've heard it.

I love the old bluesy grit of Hats Off. You can't like delta blues and not like this song.

I like Dyer Maker. Catchy riff, powerful vocals, awesome lead work, cool drum fills. You're an asshole if you don't like that stuff.

Hot Dog is a fun song. It's supposed to be a humorous nod to country/rockabilly.

I can tolerate the Crunge because I can hear what it's supposed to be after hearing it live. It just didn't carry over in the studio well.

The Coda tracks are neither here nor there. They're just uncreative and boring.

I agree with all of that 100 percent. :yesnod:

On 12/23/2017 at 8:36 PM, gibsonfan159 said:

Ok, I listened. Yes, it's their worst song because of those wonky synths. A version minus all synths and clearer vocals would've been truly awesome, like an Achilles part 2. Why won't Jimmy give us that for an alternate version instead of a "rough mix" with the EQ unadjusted?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 7:22 AM, Cozy 4ever said:

"Thank You".

Listening to it feels like snooping in on a personal moment between Plant and Maureen.

I read that was a poem he wrote for Maureen and Page really had to push him to use it in a song.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:22 AM, Cozy 4ever said:

"Thank You".

Listening to it feels like snooping in on a personal moment between Plant and Maureen.

I prefer snooping on the more interesting personal moments such as WIAWSNB & BCW. If you can't sing about rogering your wife's sister, what's the point?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2011 at 11:34 AM, TheStairwayRemainsTheSame said:

Hot Dog is terrible actually

P.s whoever voted Hots on For Nowhere what the hell? It's the second best song on Presence!

somewhat true that, Royal Orleans and Candy store rock are worse.  also Fool in the rain is great and I love the Crunge for some reason. hats off the roy Harper, tho is definitely the worst

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:18 AM, EaglesOfOneNest said:

I don't think these are the "worst" Zep songs (there are no bad Zep songs), there are just 2 I do not like. Only 2 in their entire repertoire. Tea for One (flame away, folks, I can take it!) and Going to California. Just personal preference.  

I can respect that but I have to flame, Going to Cal is the 2nd best on Runes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...