JIMMY PAGE ON THIS DAY (Archive)

Myself and many others have identified several JimmyPage.com and On This Day inaccuracies, and they've been pretty good about correcting them (at least the concert chronology). I will be putting a request forward to Peter Makowski concerning the photo as that seems to be the most expedient, least intrusive manner to make an inquiry.

Oh, okay, so they are reading emails, that's good to know. And that's very considerate of you to take the least intrusive route. Good luck getting your answer!

How else could you advise them that there were some really bad inaccuracies in their text? We couldn't do it through extra sensory perception, lol. When myself and other members here contacted them, we did so in a courteous manner.

Peter Makowski is not just a personal friend of Jimmy, he has been professionally involved with the production of the 'On This Day Feature' for a while now.

It was i.e. Management, which was Jimmy's former management team, who did not respond to emails, even although there was a facility on their site to email them about any of their artists. I sent two emails to them making an enquiry regarding Jimmy's photographic book and they did not reply. I know others on here who had contacted them regarding other matters, and received no response.

So you've sent emails to jimmypage.com attempting to inform them of a job poorly done...? Hmm, I'm not sure that's the best way to get a response out of someone, lol. Or do they ignore all emails altogether?

Oh wow, going to a personal friend, this seems like it's more important than a quest to know out of curiosity or for personal archival purposes. Are you two writing a book together or something?

Well! Didn't know Jimmy changed management and I must say he has picked a monster in QPM. You see their stable? Wow, Black Keys, Muse, the Peppers and Josh Groban (for those inclined). Sorry off topic. I'd venture there is someone in NY that will get the answer to where and when Jimmy was having a day off with tulips and a newspaper.

I'm new here, I'm called Hollin. I have a question, why are posts repeated so often, it is a bit tedious, but I love the opportunity to discuss Zep with other followers of the band. I am lucky and old enough to have seen them three times. LOVE to see them again.

He did it again!

25 years ago - September 14, 1988.... I will never get tired of seeing these two guys together in this photo.... What a night!
One of the photos Jimmy selected for his Genesis book....

www.jimmypage.com
(Up until 7 PM US Eastern Time - Sept. 14, 2013)

I got a "shout out" from Jimmy Page on his website today... This is the 3rd time he has run this..... thank you Jimmy!!

981601_381747195287985_1637133332_o.jpg

He did it again!

25 years ago - September 14, 1988.... I will never get tired of seeing these two guys together in this photo.... What a night!

www.jimmypage.com

I got a "shout out" from Jimmy Page on his website today... This is the 3rd time he has run this..... thank you Jimmy!!

It is a great photo Mark, capturing perfectly the closeness and warmth between two good friends!

It obviously means a lot to Jimmy!

:)

He did it again!

www.jimmypage.com

I love your picture, Mark. This is one that I don't mind that it a repeat.

Mark,

I was delighted to see that Jimmy has kept this going for a third year - the same as he did on Ronnie's birthday. He was always a loyal friend, not just to Ronnie, but also to you and the other gentleman.

Thanks for sharing with us over the years your photographs and your memories of your times spent with Jimmy.

He did it again!

www.jimmypage.com

Awe, I've just learned that Jimmy, along with Ron Wood and Rod Stewart, took care of Ronnie Lane's medical bills during his fight with his MS. I'm constantly amazed by the generosity of the music community.

Generosity from the music community or from loving friends?

MLE, in this case it would be loving friends. To treat MS in the States you would need very deep pockets. But generosity is certainly not unique to the music industry. I'm thinking of really large endeavours such as Live Aid, ARMS, Farm Aid, etc, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

10/3/11

100311.jpg

SDiscPhoto2_zpsd9feb694.jpg

SDiscPhoto1_zps8d626a9a.jpg

The Iconic First Visit Today...

http://www.rednile.org/factory-nights/factory-nights-11-12/factory-night-the-iconic-slip-disc-swinging-discotheque-mumbai-india/

'THE FIRST AUTHENTIC DISCOTHEQUE EAST OF SUEZ'

Colaba club Voodoo still retains the name under which it was registered in 1969 - The Slip Disc. Started by Ramzan Patel, it became the go-to place for the city's youth, especially after Jimmy Page and Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin gave an impromptu performance here in 1972. It also became a favourite with Mumbai's LGBT crowd, who felt at ease thanks to a management that 'was cool about gay people,' according to a former patron. Shahpur Irani (right), the working partner, has teamed up with Inder Vhatwar, one of a handful of queer party organisers in the city, to boost attendance at the night club that had to shut shop after ACP Vasant Dhoble raided it on March 30, last year.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/others/sunday-read/Wheres-the-fun-in-that/articleshow/21583491.cms

Archived