New "FIVE" graphic on Official fb page

Yucko

001.jpg

I really didn't know this. It seems to have been a one-off showing, note a theatrical release.

If it is a countdown, I just hope the end result is more substantial than the last LZ-related countdown fiasco.

We'll find out whether or not it is a countdown in 3 hours.

e80522286639e4b7aec931ed27bdbe0c.png

Edited by Taro

It's rumour recap time!

09/07/2012 - The Peter Mensch tweet.

"today, Moulder continues with his stellar mixing of the O2 show. it's been 5 years coming and it's almost here."

This tweet from Led Zeppelin/Jimmy Page manager Peter Mensch explains that the O2 show is being mixed by Alan Moulder, who has previously worked with Them Crooked Vultures. I give this a reliability rating of 8/10 as it is from somebody close to the band.

25/07/2012 - The Eddie Trunk tweet.

"Heard from a very reliable source backstage at Aerosmith show that there will be some sort of Led Zeppelin activity around Christmas..."

This tweet from US radio host Eddie Trunk confirms some Led Zeppelin 'activity' happening later on in the year. Who is his 'very reliable source'? Well the likeliest option is Ross Halfin, one of Jimmy's best friends and also a concert photographer. This diary entry from his website confirms that he was at the concert that Eddie Trunk is referring to. I'd give this source a reliability rating of 7/10.

04/09/2012 - The Belgian news article.

This article appeared on the site of a state-owned Belgian radio station, which is, so I gather, a reliable source of information. Shortly after it was posted the author's name was removed, now the article itself has been removed. I give this a reliability rating of 3/10, no links to sources were given, and this article alone doesn't give any evidence.

07/09/2012 - The reactivation of the Led Zeppelin Facebook and Twitter.

The official Led Zeppelin Facebook page posted this cryptic one-word update.This is significant as there has been no activity since March. Couple this with the fact that the Led Zeppelin Twitter account went live on the same day, and we have definite proof that something is on the way. The sole tweet is the same 'Hello' that was posted on the Facebook page, but this time with the #ledzeppelin hashtag. This hints at further developments in the future, as a hashtag makes it easier to keep track of news. Also note that confirmation of the Twitter account going live was posted on a thread about the possibility of an O2 show DVD release, by the site webmaster, who had clearly been monitoring the thread. I give these a reliability rating of 9/10 as they clearly hint at something Zep coming soon.

08/09/2012 - The 'FIVE' image

This image was posted on both the band's official Facebook page and the day-old Twitter account . No description was provided. Judging from the evidence shown above, this is a reference to the five years that have passed since the O2 concert on December 10th 2007. This is echoed by the phrasing of Peter Mensch's first tweet . Many fans speculate that the image refers to a new album following on from Led Zeppelin IV, but this is highly unlikely. Several fans theorise that the image refers to the date the concert was announced: September 12th 2007, five days from the posting of the image. This image receives a reliability rating of 9/10. It was posted on official channels, and is the clearest indicator yet of an upcoming release.

09/09/2012 - The second Peter Mensch tweet

"it's almost here. I've seen it and heard it. almost 5 years to the day."

This tweet from Led Zeppelin manager Peter Mensch alludes to the five year anniversary of the O2 show, as did his previous tweet listed here and the 'FIVE' image. This is the first mention of a release date for the show, 'almost 5 years to the day'. This makes it seem likely that it will be released in early December 2012, as the concert was on the 10th of that month. Reliability rating of 9/10, he never explicitly states what he is referring to, but us fans know that it is coming.

Edited by Cookie0024

Good catch! I still feel the hyphen in FIVE that was posted today means something. Just my gut feeling. My gut is right alot of the time but definately not all of the time.

Ooh look, now there's a dot under the o of Four. Something else for you to speculate about.

Zeppelin does a great job getting us pumped up! I'm really enjoying reading these posts and speculating.

Just to add a little more...

So Jason postponed his shows in September (with no explanation that i saw). I was just on Robert's website, and he does not have shows scheduled in September. Don't know what Jones is doing, and Jimmy hasn't been scheduling anything I've seen. While I don't think there is a tour happening, I wonder if they are planning some promotions for the o2 dvd, and possibly another one-off show? Seems they are taking the month of September off...

The new image was posted exactly 24 hours after the first, at 3:12pm. This says to me that the posts are scheduled, probably using Tweetdeck. Also note that every image posted on the band's Facebook page has been featured, making it more prominent and extending across the Timeline layout.

Also, the countdown will end on September 13th, exactly five years and one day since it was announced Led Zeppelin would play the Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert. Or, as Peter Mensch tweeted, 'almost five years to the day'.

Two questions:

What's the font used for the 'FOUR' image? It is different to the one used for 'FIVE'.

Is there any significance with 3:12pm, or the number 312?

Yep 312 adds up to 6. That's 5 days of countdown...then on the 6th day...?

DAMN IT! So it IS a countdown! =)

Now, I've been pondering about the whole FIVE thing, last night. Although it's MOST likely that they will finally release the o2 arena show footage + some bonuses perhaps...there was still some hope for new material and/or tour, taking into consideration the χυμεία3 hoax\stunt. Now, if I were Zeppelin, posting FIVE on official FB 5 years after the o2 gig would make sense, right? But since they've posted FOUR, and clearly show us that it's a countdown they add even more uncertainty and boost speculations even further....BTW, Jimmy Page did the same countdown stunt back when he was opening his new site.

Now I've always thought it was weird howcome Jimmy's been idle for all these years, while all of his former bandmates were busy making new records and collaborating with various artists on a regular basis. What ifs, Maybes, Howcomes and Why nots?

Two questions:

What's the font used for the 'FOUR' image? It is different to the one used for 'FIVE'.

Is there any significance with 3:12pm, or the number 312?

Yes, it is different. Seems like the same font style used on the inner sleeve of Led Zeppelin's fourth album.

I am voting for a release of the concert or an extremely outside chance of a tour. Robert Plant made a comment recently that he wants to go back to his old way of singing. SOMEONE START A DAMN POLL! Ooooh I will MUAHAHAHAHA

Probably no one remembers me lol

I am voting for a release of the concert or an extremely outside chance of a tour. Robert Plant made a comment recently that he wants to go back to his old way of singing. SOMEONE START A DAMN POLL! Ooooh I will MUAHAHAHAHA

Probably no one remembers me lol

Are you Chuck Norris?

It's rumour recap time!

09/07/2012 - The Peter Mensch tweet.

"today, Moulder continues with his stellar mixing of the O2 show. it's been 5 years coming and it's almost here."

This tweet from Led Zeppelin/Jimmy Page manager Peter Mensch explains that the O2 show is being mixed by Alan Moulder, who has previously worked with Them Crooked Vultures. I give this a reliability rating of 8/10 as it is from somebody close to the band.

25/07/2012 - The Eddie Trunk tweet.

"Heard from a very reliable source backstage at Aerosmith show that there will be some sort of Led Zeppelin activity around Christmas..."

This tweet from US radio host Eddie Trunk confirms some Led Zeppelin 'activity' happening later on in the year. Who is his 'very reliable source'? Well the likeliest option is Ross Halfin, one of Jimmy's best friends and also a concert photographer. This diary entry from his website confirms that he was at the concert that Eddie Trunk is referring to. I'd give this source a reliability rating of 7/10.

04/09/2012 - The Belgian news article.

This article appeared on the site of a state-owned Belgian radio station, which is, so I gather, a reliable source of information. Shortly after it was posted the author's name was removed, now the article itself has been removed. I give this a reliability rating of 3/10, no links to sources were given, and this article alone doesn't give any evidence.

07/09/2012 - The reactivation of the Led Zeppelin Facebook and Twitter.

The official Led Zeppelin Facebook page posted this cryptic one-word update.This is significant as there has been no activity since March. Couple this with the fact that the Led Zeppelin Twitter account went live on the same day, and we have definite proof that something is on the way. The sole tweet is the same 'Hello' that was posted on the Facebook page, but this time with the #ledzeppelin hashtag. This hints at further developments in the future, as a hashtag makes it easier to keep track of news. Also note that confirmation of the Twitter account going live was posted on a thread about the possibility of an O2 show DVD release, by the site webmaster, who had clearly been monitoring the thread. I give these a reliability rating of 9/10 as they clearly hint at something Zep coming soon.

08/09/2012 - The 'FIVE' image

This image was posted on both the band's official Facebook page and the day-old Twitter account . No description was provided. Judging from the evidence shown above, this is a reference to the five years that have passed since the O2 concert on December 10th 2007. This is echoed by the phrasing of Peter Mensch's first tweet . Many fans speculate that the image refers to a new album following on from Led Zeppelin IV, but this is highly unlikely. Several fans theorise that the image refers to the date the concert was announced: September 12th 2007, five days from the posting of the image. This image receives a reliability rating of 9/10. It was posted on official channels, and is the clearest indicator yet of an upcoming release.

09/09/2012 - The second Peter Mensch tweet

"it's almost here. I've seen it and heard it. almost 5 years to the day."

This tweet from Led Zeppelin manager Peter Mensch alludes to the five year anniversary of the O2 show, as did his previous tweet listed here and the 'FIVE' image. This is the first mention of a release date for the show, 'almost 5 years to the day'. This makes it seem likely that it will be released in early December 2012, as the concert was on the 10th of that month. Reliability rating of 9/10, he never explicitly states what he is referring to, but us fans know that it is coming.

:goodpost:

Thanks, I needed this.

Edited by zemun