LED ZEPPELIN - CELEBRATION DAY (official announcement)

sam_webmaster

Ticket confirmed for 9:30PM showing at Studio Movie Grill in Alpharetta...only 40 miles away!!! Since I did not get a ticket for the real thing, I am sooooooo looking forward to this. :yay:

poortom, ..put some Led Zeppelin on for the drive!!! Even though the theater is only 40 miles away for me, the traffic can be brutal.I would not miss this even if I had to drive a much longer distance. I hope everyone gets to experience this :-)

Looks like I will be buying the dvd & watching it at home. If they deliver to my part of the world...

I will be doing the same. I do not want to make the drive Crenshaw so late, and since it just so happens I have a test that night. Hopefully there are some other options.

Strider, by searching Los Angeles in this link, http://www.ledzeppel...ify-player-2556 (click on the green arrow) I was able to find these two theatres...

Race 18+ IMAX, Los Angeles

Muvico Thousand Oaks 14

It has to be that the rest of them just don't have it scheduled yet. Why the Crenshaw theatre doesn't show up here puzzles me.

you said it so well

I have often wondered why some fans come from a place of feeling like a band owes the fan something- I can only come from a place of gratitude to the members of LZ and their supporting staff. To me, LZ doing the right thing is being true to who they are and I know they all three know how singular an experience LZ is as a member. The very little I know of them personally, it is clear to me that no one are bigger more loving fans of LZ than the members themselves. The smiles and the non-verbals especially during the 02 show are testimony enough to me.

After replaying a bootleg of the show last night I was reminded of the closeness of the group- and the tone of Jimmy's rig. Can't wait to hear it and see it Pro.

Thanks, I appreciate your comments too and believe you have them pegged correctly. I think Jason represented us all when he bowed down to them at the end of the show.... can't get much stronger non-verbal communication than that, eh?

I will be doing the same. I do not want to make the drive Crenshaw so late, and since it just so happens I have a test that night. Hopefully there are some other options.

Strider, by searching Los Angeles in this link, http://www.ledzeppel...ify-player-2556 (click on the green arrow) I was able to find these two theatres...

Race 18+ IMAX, Los Angeles

Muvico Thousand Oaks 14

It has to be that the rest of them just don't have it scheduled yet. Why the Crenshaw theatre doesn't show up here puzzles me.

I don't mind going to Crenshaw at night...just not to a run-down theatre. I don't want the latest Tylet Perry Madea schlockfest interrupting my Led Zeppelin...the sound-bleed at those theatres was notorious. You'd hear explosions from movies two theatres down from you.

Hopefully they have been upgraded since then.

I've just been on the phone for nearly an hour trying to track down other locales. The Landmark's in LA aren't carrying it, but I did call the Rave 18 in West LA near the 405. They are showing it but tickets don't go on sale until Friday.

Still, that is preferable to either the Thousand Oaks or Crenshaw theatres.

Now I just have to find out about the LA premiere.

Any views on the artwork ?

It's always been a strong feature for so many releases and has often had so much depth and imagination ... this is striking but I can't say I really like it . A bit lurid colour-wise and the image too graphic for me : I associate Zep with something more challenging and moody to look at...

Though I'm pleased in this year when London has gone crazy that Big Ben and the Thames feature as they do.

It's always been a strong feature for so many releases and has often had so much depth and imagination ... this is striking but I can't say I really like it . A bit lurid colour-wise and the image too graphic for me : I associate Zep with something more challenging and moody to look at...

Though I'm pleased in this year when London has gone crazy that Big Ben and the Thames feature as they do.

I like it so much that I've made it my wallpaper today! Love the River Thames and the Bridges and the House of Parliament with the search lights in the background of the Airship. Love the reds and oranges.

But hey, you don't like it, then I suppose you can make your own artwork. Something suitably moody for you.

I don't mind going to Crenshaw at night...just not to a run-down theatre. I don't want the latest Tylet Perry Madea schlockfest interrupting my Led Zeppelin...the sound-bleed at those theatres was notorious. You'd hear explosions from movies two theatres down from you.

Now I just have to find out about the LA premiere.

I've been to a couple theatres like that. I'm hoping that either more locations will be added or I'll just wait till the dvd is in my hands. If the premiere is sold to the general public, I may really try for that one.

Anyone notice Big Ben on the artwork only has 11 hours?

sam_webmaster, you have a unassuming coolness about you. I can say that without reservation.

And to have Knebby post right after you made the news official, adds to the energy.

Ready to really Rock And Roll again very soon!

Of course not!!

Yeah!!! I'm so freaking happy!!! In the theatres!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Oh, that's just fantastic! And that's the beauty of living in a city like São Paulo, I sure don't have to worry if it will show here. It will. Fact. B)

Ah you can relive that night with a clear view xx

:rolleyes::wub::yay::toast:

I saw the link for the Inwood theaters, under the US selection in the Cinema Listings on the main page here and assumed it would be at the Magnolia, but I couldnt find any info on their site just now. Then I found the Studio Movie Grill .

Actually, the film is going to be at the Dallas Landmark Magnolia location. They don't have the info loaded up yet on their system, but I called to confirm, and they will have a 6:30pm and a 9:00pm showing.

This LZ link gives the comprehensive list of theaters by Zip Code:

http://www.ledzeppel.../o2_splash.html

It's so new that some theaters do not yet have the flim listed on their site, but some do. Maybe by this weekend all individual theaters will have the flim at least listed, with tickets being available to pre-order at some locations.

Edited by The Rover

Actually, there is no longer a tower named Big Ben in London.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19570508

The tower has been officially re-named The Elizabeth Tower, in honor of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

But, I suppose, she will always be Big Ben to me. :)