Led Zeppelin NYC Press Conference / Premiere (10-09-12)

sam_webmaster

truly the best way to grasp this press conference is just to watch it. By actually seeing the videos we've seen so far, you actually get the gist of what the guys were saying as opposed to the spin that the media put on things. If anything, the clips we've seen so far show them basically as a bunch of guys joking around and taking the piss out of the whole event while the journalists take it all seriously.

Didn't sense any annoyance from the boys, just them making it quite clear that IF THEY FEEL LIKE FOR SOME REASON, they can do something together in the future. Not a yes, not a no, not a hold your breath and wait it out or anything, just them basically saying they're human and that life happens. Page said it's not likely, but you never know where life may take you.

I love that they're doing multiple pressers for this, really shows just how proud they are of it as a band for them all to fly in and get together and talk about it together and then actually view it in the theatre together. I'll give you this though, Robert Plant is an utterly hilarious human being, I feel like he'd be just a fun guy to sit at the pub with for a couple of drinks, guy's just full of jokes and so full of life it seems for someone his age.

:goodpost:

By actually seeing the videos we've seen so far, you actually get the gist of what the guys were saying as opposed to the spin that the media put on things. If anything, the clips we've seen so far show them basically as a bunch of guys joking around and taking the piss out of the whole event while the journalists take it all seriously. ...Didn't sense any annoyance from the boys... Page said it's not likely, but you never know where life may take you.

I totally agree! The use of words like "clash" "lash out" "terse, testy" in the headlines are more than a little dramatic. Some of us actually LOVE the dry humor (that I think is uniquely British) they demonstrated. I LOLed when Robert said, "schmuck" and he had a HUGE smile on his face when he did. (Can't help but love that he went out of his way to give props to Obama.) Maybe the entire thing will provoke a different response but I doubt it.

I have been a Loyal and Die-Hard Led Zeppelin fan for almost 30 years (29 to be precise). It makes me So Proud that My favorite Group and the Greatest Band of All-Time are Still being acknowledged, by press and fans alike, as the Legendary and Influential Band that They are. Not were but Still Are. In my opinion, LED ZEPPELIN have already passed into the Pantheon of IMMORTALITY!!!

LONG LIVE THE GREAT AND MIGHTY LED ZEPPELIN!!!

I've heard it's a Brooklyn-based member of this forum.

I think it is highly likely the masseuse is a member of this forum. I think it is possible a Brooklyn member of this forum attended as well. So nice to see that Robert gave these non-journalists a ....shout-out. He must really be proud of his superfans.

People talk about a tour. But I'm much more interested with the idea of what kind of music they could put down on a record after all these years. No doubt they have learned a lot over the years musically. IMO it would be quite suprising, in a good way, like what the Beach Boys did with "Thats why God made the radio".

Yes Yes Yes

...and anyone who frequents guitar shops knows that LZ is relevent and top of mind. When we do sound checks I like to start with THE OCEAN and OUT ON THE TILES. People stop talking and watch. For encore or jamming around after a gig invariably people come up and request LZ. Or they say... why didn't you have any Zeppelin in the set? A quinchless thirst it is.

I'm much more interested with the idea of what kind of music they could put down on a record

Yes Yes Yes

...and anyone who frequents guitar shops knows that LZ is relevent and top of mind. When we do sound checks I like to start with THE OCEAN and OUT ON THE TILES. People stop talking and watch. For encore or jamming around after a gig invariably people come up and request LZ. Or they say... why didn't you have any Zeppelin in the set? A quinchless thirst it is.

At this stage of the game why not eh? I really dont see the need for a massive world tour. I'd like to hear some new material. They have the "mojo", even at their age. And it sounds like their still very interested in music. It could be some really, really good material.

Archived