New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

I trust IV will have LED ZEPPELIN on the spine with the 4 symbols only, NOT IV or untitled.

IV will definitely have the four symbols in place of an actual title. i was gonna do spines, but thought that'd be a little redundant.

EDIT: but since you got me wondering:

post-28179-0-71765900-1402635322_thumb.j

Edited by Justanothercrow123

IV will definitely have the four symbols in place of an actual title. i was gonna do spines, but thought that'd be a little redundant.

EDIT: but since you got me wondering:

attachicon.gifZep Spines.jpg

That looks flipping spectacular.

I'm more inclined to think that Physical Graffiti will be grey rather than blue though. Along with Coda it will probably have the same colour that of Zep III more-or-less to an extent. I always pictured Presence to have a dark green variant to it, I'm not sure why. But that In Through The Out Door variant is spot on.

Edited by IzzyBlues

For my turntable I have a Music Hall MMF-7 on my modern system, I have an old system with a Thorens but it is starting to sound its age (late 70s). Through B&W Speakers on both systems.

For the DVD-A I prefer to have a disc, I will DL the hi-res to my PC and I have that direct hooked up to my home office system (Denon, Thorens & B&W with a good ol' technics MASH CD player and Technics tape deck) I have it linked by Optical (toslink) so the sound is pretty good direct from the PC. I have my entire library on the PC in WAV Lossless (47,000+ songs) and mostly just play off that in my 2 upstairs systems (my amp has a ZONE 1 and ZONE 2). However my better system is in the basement in my "lounge" which I need a disc for the DVD player. I do not own any ipods or any MP3 gadgets, I am somewhat anti-Apple. Steve Jobs loved vinyl and sound quality, and almost ruined the music business with the MP3 and buying single tracks (Sure, someone else would have come up with it but....Jobs was a vinyl enthusiast, somewhat ironic).

Imagine if when Zeppelin II came out you could have bought JUST Whole Lotta Love for about 10 cents and the ringtone for your phone.....

I prefer a jacket with photos and liner notes, something to hold and feel and smell. A song list intended by the artist and listen to the whole album. I go to garage sales still to this day and still score some choice vinyl (except a lot of hipster kids buying it all up nowadays), and lots of great CDs for $1 each and under. Few weeks ago I got the "No Introduction Necessary" CD for 1.00, can't beat that!

Don't want to hi-jack the thread but what turntables/setups are other people enjoying their new Zep Vinyl on?

Anyone do a back-to-back comparison yet with the Classic Records editions? I have them but no time yet to sit down and compare. But back to back on CD the new ones are stunning compared to the Marinos and even the Diaments (which were the CD versions I preferred until this week). The SHM japan Mini LP CD Box from around 2008 was decent but the marino mixes are just not as good as Diaments 80s mixes for Atlantic IMO, I know Jimmy helped produced the Marinos buit this is my opinion.

It does seem that all the "problems" from both the Diaments and Marinos have been fixed here, so Jimmy clearly listened to the CDs and the complaints over 30 years (early fade outs, volume issues, BIGLU channels are switched back to original like the vinyl, etc.)

Yeah, I'm somewhat anti-apple also, I had probably 1000 cd's ripped to lossless wav files on a dedicated hard drive in the 90's before ipods even existed but since apple has their own file system I cant get involved with their product which is also why I will always stay with a pc since I'm not about to convert all that just to get pigeon holed into their product. I'm trying to get my kids away from the iphone mentality and think outside the box.

I can not wait for the next ones already!! I really hope they will be in the fall. I am really the most excited for eveything that he will add for HOTH all the way to ITTOD, including the books. I noticed that he is using pictures from his book in the first 3. I bet he is excited but he told Planet Rock that he does not know Warner's marketing plan. I wonder how much of that is true. ;) I bet he is excited, but he did tell Playboy Germany that these are it for Zeppelin.

Justanothercrow123, wonderful job predicting the different colors for the remaining sets.

Did someone on here post last week that their CDs in the II super deluxe were not shrink wrapped, but were wrapped in III (or perhaps vice-versa)? What have others seen with the CDs (wrapped or not wrapped)?

The two CDs with the first album SDBS I got were sealed.

Also...I assume the jackets/sleeves for CDs in II and III are single style, i.e., no gatefold (can't tell from the SDBS images). Is that right? Does III have the spinning wheel?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by pujols05

I received the first three deluxe cd's on June 10th, but I am not going to open and play them until after June 24th when my wife and children go to Italy to visit family. I will have myself a Led Zeppelin listening night with no interruptions at all, just me, Zeppelin and a few cold drinks. Man it will be great.

Did someone on here post last week that their CDs in the II super deluxe were not shrink wrapped, but were wrapped in III (or perhaps vice-versa)? What have others seen with the CDs (wrapped or not wrapped)?

The two CDs with the first album SDBS I got were sealed.

Also...I assume the jackets/sleeves for CDs in II and III are single style, i.e., no gatefold (can't tell from the SDBS images). Is that right? Does III have the spinning wheel?

Thanks in advance.

I posted that my I and III were numbered 10k and 12k and in both the CDs were not shrink wrapped in the SDBS, and my Zep II Box was numbered 24k and both CDs WERE shrinked. Also the ZEP II CDs had both a paper and plastic inner sleeve for the CD (the CDs were in the plastic sleeve with the paper mini-LP style sleeve was beside the cd inside the jacket, but I and III came with plastic sleeve only inside the CD jackets, so I think in the middle of production they upped the packaging on the CDs in the SDBS.

Also my ZEP II and III the hardcover books were shrink wrapped in the box but in Zep I the book was not wrapped.

Thanks sjs,

I'm currently looking for a new turntable. Music hall and riga were my top choices.

My ancient luxman finally bit the dust.

Wish mp3 was never invented.

I have had my MMF-7 Music Hall for about 10 years and still kicks butt. The entry level Music Halls I have heard so-so things about, but from my personal experience the MMF-7 is great, but I cannot compare to other modern audiophile TT, this is the only one I have had. I have my old Thorens which was top shelf in the 1970s-1980s but hard to compare with current TTs.

The MMF-7 motor is independent of the platter which I find makes a difference no vibration at all from the motor, really a good sounding TT but I know they do not give them away.

I also kinda find it funny that a lot of people get those USB TTs and transfer their vinyl to digital but put it in MP3 format...... I see the appeal of a USB TT for transferring hard to find OOP stuff, but is there no program that allows you to transfer to your PC in lossless? I have no experience with the USB TTs so I am clueless....

I posted that my I and III were numbered 10k and 12k and in both the CDs were not shrink wrapped in the SDBS, and my Zep II Box was numbered 24k and both CDs WERE shrinked. Also the ZEP II CDs had both a paper and plastic inner sleeve for the CD (the CDs were in the plastic sleeve with the paper mini-LP style sleeve was beside the cd inside the jacket, but I and III came with plastic sleeve only inside the CD jackets, so I think in the middle of production they upped the packaging on the CDs in the SDBS.

Also my ZEP II and III the hardcover books were shrink wrapped in the box but in Zep I the book was not wrapped.

Thanks Mr. Satisfies. It seems like the shrink wrapping is kind of random. My first album SDBS had book and CDs wrapped, vinyl not (but I don't think any vinyl in the SDBSs are wrapped).

Each of my boxes and each cd inside of the boxes were shrink wrapped. Nothing else was.

Same with mine.

Fascinating inconsistencies. I suppose if the packager gets a shipment of books that isn't shrink wrapped, that's what they use. And when they get a shipment that is shrink wrapped, they use those too.

Sorry to sound a little catty here, but there's been a whole lotta reporting on delivery and packaging, on download numbers and photos and text -- and not so much on the music itself.

I know there are people who are musically educated and fluent in the language of music who could talk about the the remasters from that point of view and I am begging you to speak up about what you are thinking!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by lif

Sorry to sound a little catty here, but there's been a whole lotta reporting on delivery and packaging, on download numbers and photos and text -- and not so much on the music itself.

I know there are people who are musically educated and fluent in the language of music who could talk about the the remasters from that point of view and I am begging you to speak up about what you are thinking!

Thanks in advance!

Isn't that why Strider made the other threads?

My box sets came the exact same way as yours did (with the exception that the book in III wasn't shrink wrapped). I even had the same shipping dates/estimated shipping dates as you. I assume this happened to most orders in Canada. I think that the difference in the shrink wrapping for II was due to initially being out of stock and a new order of them had to come in.

Also, My SDBS II had a sticker (a summary listing the contents) applied directly to the cover instead of the exterior packaging like the I and III. Thankfully I was able to peel it off without leaving any residue. I placed all 3 stickers on the back of their respective HDdownload cards for me to keep.

Tim

I have had my MMF-7 Music Hall for about 10 years and still kicks butt. The entry level Music Halls I have heard so-so things about, but from my personal experience the MMF-7 is great, but I cannot compare to other modern audiophile TT, this is the only one I have had. I have my old Thorens which was top shelf in the 1970s-1980s but hard to compare with current TTs.

The MMF-7 motor is independent of the platter which I find makes a difference no vibration at all from the motor, really a good sounding TT but I know they do not give them away.

I also kinda find it funny that a lot of people get those USB TTs and transfer their vinyl to digital but put it in MP3 format...... I see the appeal of a USB TT for transferring hard to find OOP stuff, but is there no program that allows you to transfer to your PC in lossless? I have no experience with the USB TTs so I am clueless....