What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

My sister and I went for a nice run in the car to Browns Bay in Islandmagee. It is a very quiet, scenic area with lots of little bays.

I manage to capture this photo before the rain came in

11666235_873744659329647_867290992933903

Beautiful photo! Thank you for sharing! It looks so scenic and peaceful! :)

I'm officially retiring today after 36 years. 55 and out baby !! It's going to be a very long 4th of July weekend !!

It was a long haul, ey? :) I pretty much retired at 45 after almost 20 years working as a laborer and other odd jobs before that. I'm SO GLAD not to be on the clock or under some jerk boss.

This wasn't today, but a few months back my ex-landlady's son gave me this 1966 Mercedes 'Fintail' diesel, 4 cylinder. Can't beat the price, ey? :) It's in a little rough shape but it runs like a champ. I replaced all the old glow plugs (The Rube Goldberg set-up) with an updated later style plus put a new battery in. It starts very easy now. It needs some front turn signal lenses and a right rear taillight and I will get those eventually. I will also look at all the brakes. The clutch and tranny also seem fine and I will change the oil and filter too. You know, the usual stuff. It also needs the star for the hood and they are available on line. Registration is up to date and the engine is rated to get 30+ MPG. I can't wait to drive it around town and I want to make it my 'BEATLE-MOBILE.' You can see this model in the Beatles film 'Backbeat' and it was also featured in 'Marathon Man.' I never thought I would own a Mercedes. :)

post-503-0-64677600-1435797341_thumb.jpg

It was a long haul, ey? :) I pretty much retired at 45 after almost 20 years working as a laborer and other odd jobs before that. I'm SO GLAD not to be on the clock or under some jerk boss.

This wasn't today, but a few months back my ex-landlady's son gave me this 1966 Mercedes 'Fintail' diesel, 4 cylinder. Can't beat the price, ey? :) It's in a little rough shape but it runs like a champ. I replaced all the old glow plugs (The Rube Goldberg set-up) with an updated later style plus put a new battery in. It starts very easy now. It needs some front turn signal lenses and a right rear taillight and I will get those eventually. I will also look at all the brakes. The clutch and tranny also seem fine and I will change the oil and filter too. You know, the usual stuff. It also needs the star for the hood and they are available on line. Registration is up to date and the engine is rated to get 30+ MPG. I can't wait to drive it around town and I want to make it my 'BEATLE-MOBILE.' You can see this model in the Beatles film 'Backbeat' and it was also featured in 'Marathon Man.' I never thought I would own a Mercedes. :)

Sounds like a fun project. Keep us posted on your progress...with photos if possible.

Edited by Strider

Sounds like a fun project. Keep us posted on your progress...with photos if possible.

I decided to take the car for a test just around the block today, even though it's been blazing hot the past week, which is not normal for this part of the country. I vacuumed the interior, cleaned all the windows and fired her up. It starts so easy now and runs like a top. It took a bit to get used to the 4 speed on the floor and finding reverse, but I was getting it. One thing for danged sure is the brakes definitely need work. Also, the generator light was staying on, but that could just be the contacts as the connectors are pretty rusty. I'll clean them next time and see what happens. I just don't like working on an engine while dripping sweat. I love the huge steering wheel too. smile.gif Next too is getting all the lights to work, but I am very happy with the car and even in the neighborhood it was turning some heads. Will post more pics soon.smile.gif

Bought our race tickets for the Brickyard 400 in Indianapolis later this month and the Southern 500 at Darlington in September. :yay:

That's great. Our local oil change place has one of the original bricks from there. It's a big ass brick. :)

Went for a jog with my 15 year old Chocolate Lab this evening. Love him to bits. I had 3, and he is last man standing so to speak.

This is a chocolate lab that comes over from the neighbor's and he just loves for us to throw a ball, stick, basketball or whatever for him. His name is Duke. :)

A short video I made of him.

post-503-0-70181700-1435969589_thumb.jpg

:thumbsup::rollin:

My 21 year old Daughter has just become a BA (HONS) in English Literature, I am one proud Dad.

Keep English Alive! Congratulations to your girl, PPH.

Thank you very much, Ddladner!!! My coffee is going to taste even better now. :notworthy::yourock:

Edited by Strider

Against all odds I am determined to remain positive all weekend, outside world be damned. It helps when you have kick-ass concerts to rock your weekend. When a band starts off a concert with two of your favourite songs, it's pretty sweet!

TGIF MoFos!

Edited by Strider

All four of us at the dinner table at the same time celebrating our son Andrew's 24th birthday.

That's awesome! I have one heading to college after the next school year. To have everyone around the dinner table is something that should never be taken for granted!