Best song off Houses of the Holy

augustus

518 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite song on Houses of the Holy?

• The Song Remains the Same
    • The Rain Song
    • Over the Hills and Far Away
    • The Crunge
    • Dancing Days
    • D'yer Mak'er
    • No Quarter
    • The Ocean

For me it is The Ocean. The guitar solo, Robert's sing, the phone ringing, the stunning bass line and general joyous mayhem is one of the most beautiful and important things humans have created.

Edited by augustus

That was a toss up between The Ocean and No Quarter

NQ got my vote, due to all of the different elements contained within the framework of the cut.

They mesh perfectly into a mezmerizing sonic stew!!

Edited by pimmyjage

Another difficult album to choose a favorite. I have to go with Over the Hills and Far Away, although The Ocean and TSRTS are the others I considered. The Rain Song is beautiful I love that song but it's not my fav off HOTH. I can listen to OTHAFA all day I love the opening acoustic guitar it's so pretty. Plant's lyrics are some my favorite..... and I really like Jimmy's riff and solo. I think it was great how they faded out the song with Plant singing "you really ought to know, know, know" and then it gently fades back in with the ending notes. Just a great song!

For me it's Dancing Days, it seemed to be the most "Modern" sounding Song. Maybe because i heard the Stone Temple Pilots version before i heard Zep Original. But i tell what i don't actually like listening to any of the songs on the actually album, i think they are all better "Live", but then again which Zep Song Isn't.

You asked 2 questions: Best song and then favorite song.

Best song - The Rain Song.

Favorite Song - No Quarter, although I prefer live versions.

I never noticed that until you pointed that out. Either way for me it's still Over the Hills and Far Away followed by The Ocean and The Song Remains the Same

Edited by achilleslaststand77