Best song off Houses of the Holy

augustus

518 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite song on Houses of the Holy?

• The Song Remains the Same
    • The Rain Song
    • Over the Hills and Far Away
    • The Crunge
    • Dancing Days
    • D'yer Mak'er
    • No Quarter
    • The Ocean

Yeah, this was a really tough choice. For me it was a toss up between The Ocean and The Rain Song, but The Ocean won in the end, due to the sheer variety of moods and styles in a single song. What's not to love?! :D

Edit: Woo hoo! My 100th post - now I am officially a Zep Head!!! :yay:

Edited by Lilith

For me it's Dancing Days, it seemed to be the most "Modern" sounding Song. Maybe because i heard the Stone Temple Pilots version before i heard Zep Original. But i tell what i don't actually like listening to any of the songs on the actually album, i think they are all better "Live", but then again which Zep Song Isn't.

In The Evening.

No Quarter for me. I love that hippy, trippy, psychadelic feel to it. A very unique song by Zeppelin standards, as there was no other song they did that was similar.

My second favourite was D'yer M'aker. I read somewhere that Robert Plant was so ga ga over that song, that he wanted it released as a single. That's quite an about turn for Zeppelin, as they were renowned for not releasing singles.

Can anyone verify if that is true?

The Rain Song...it has special meaning. And for the line "speak to me only with your eyes.."

I chose The Rain Song because as a guitarist I love the tuning, the keyboards and the lyrics.

You could pick any song off HOTH and it wouldn't be out of place as a favourite, even The Crunge, "where's that confounded bridge".

• 2 weeks later...

Tie between No Quarter, The Ocean, and Rain Song. No Quarter is basically Led Zeppelin in a nutshell. Whenever performed live it is brilliant and is so mysterious and awesome. The Ocean is an amazing pop hit and such a happy song. The Rain Song is the best love song ever written as far as I'm concerned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The best song is the Rain Song, and though it's beautiful, there is something about Dancing Days, which is probobly my favorite, followed by SRTS and the Ocean. My favorite line in a Zep song is in the Ocean, "Now sing all my songs....that's a real fine way to start"