Trampled Underfoot

JimmyPageZoSo56

I like Trampled Underfoot. I don't like comparing live songs with the studio version, though. They're so different because int he studio you can fix mistakes and when you're live you can't, and you have more freedom live.

I like Trampled Underfoot. I don't like comparing live songs with the studio version, though. They're so different because int he studio you can fix mistakes and when you're live you can't, and you have more freedom live.

Normally I agree both the studio and the live version have something to offer but live TU really leaves the studio cut in the shade for me, more powerful and also much more of its own character(rather than the various influences often mentioned I.E Long Train Runnin, Stevie Wonder).

My favourite version would be 27/3/75, just a brutal performance and IMHO the heaviest Zep ever got.

Have to say Berlin, '80. I think it's the longest live version the band ever did. It's not the the greatest but Page goes all out and it rocks!

It's almost comparable with Frankfurt '80. 77 versions are too short but Bonham plays some parts in cool disco mode. The best IMO: Earls Court 24th & 25th and LA 3/27 (though Plant messed up his reentrance after the middle part) - you have to love those thrown in lines from Gallows Pole and "Aaaahaaahahaahas".

The versions of Trampled Underfoot that I've heard live so far, leave me uninspired. I am in love with the studio version. Nothing compares to it. It is perfection.

The one version live that I have on the DVD from Earls Court in 1975 was disappointing. It feels too frenzied. The tempo is too quick and rushed.

I need to listen to the latest live performance at the O2, and see what it sounds like.

The versions of Trampled Underfoot that I've heard live so far, leave me uninspired. I am in love with the studio version. Nothing compares to it. It is perfection.

The one version live that I have on the DVD from Earls Court in 1975 was disappointing. It feels too frenzied. The tempo is too quick and rushed.

I need to listen to the latest live performance at the O2, and see what it sounds like.

Well, if a fast tempo isn't what you like for this song, you're in luck. They slowed it down quite a bit for the reunion show, almost at the tempo of the studio version.

I personally love the version of "Trampled Underfoot" they play at Earl's Court 5/25/75, the last night. Page, Jones and Bonzo were on fire. Jimmy's soloing was amzing and Robert hit the notes perfectly. any one have any thoughts?

Hey-Up,

Trampled Underfoot...... i think that the best version of this is on.....One of only 500 copies of a UK pressing 7" "Special Limited Edition" Due for UK release, before Jimmy scraped it. (only as i have one).

But as for Live Trampled, then Knebworth 11/08/79.

All the best,

hang-man.

Normally I agree both the studio and the live version have something to offer but live TU really leaves the studio cut in the shade for me, more powerful and also much more of its own character(rather than the various influences often mentioned I.E Long Train Runnin, Stevie Wonder).

I feel that way about Kashmir as well. Much more powerful live.

I don’t have particular live favourite of Trampled Underfoot, but the Earls Court one from the DVD rocks.

It's almost comparable with Frankfurt '80. 77 versions are too short but Bonham plays some parts in cool disco mode. The best IMO: Earls Court 24th & 25th and LA 3/27 (though Plant messed up his reentrance after the middle part) - you have to love those thrown in lines from Gallows Pole and "Aaaahaaahahaahas".

i dont like the 77 versions. they are too slow for me.

WOW. I am definitely in the minority about this topic. All you guys love the Earls Court faster tempoed rushed version. I dislike it intensely. Is it a male thing?

The studio version is perfection. I crank that song up loud when it's in my car. What a fabulous driving song.

I personally love the version of "Trampled Underfoot" they play at Earl's Court 5/25/75, the last night. Page, Jones and Bonzo were on fire. Jimmy's soloing was amzing and Robert hit the notes perfectly. any one have any thoughts?

You should really check out the previous night's (24th) version. I think it is a better executed performance...especially the jam at the end!

You should really check out the previous night's (24th) version. I think it is a better executed performance...especially the jam at the end!

I haven't watched this in a while, but doesn't Robert sing the dig that heavy metal line about 87 times?!

Led Zeppelin always played remarkably live (for what i can see for the videos and cds) and Trampled Underfoot it's not different. The version of LIVE AT EARL'S COURT its awesome. But the studio version it's awesome as well, it's different that's all.

Archived