Mothership

Black_Dog

Mothership  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion

• Awesome
    • Good
    • Dissapointing

I bought it after reading a review taht said the sound quality was superior to their previous best of releases. I won't say I'm disappointed because I ordered the DVD. I though tha alone was worth it but I really don't notice any differnece in the sound quality.

I am considering buying the enhanced TSRTS soundtrack( I have The Movie already),

Plaease give some feedback on what you think about this. Am I missing anything?

Yes, get TSRTS Collector's edition. The one in the black box with the shirt and stuff. If you can't get that get another version. It's better then the first one, it's alot clearer and how some more stuff.

Mothership is great. Does anyone have the picture of Robert? The one on the inside that's just him, not the one of the band. (The orginal, not the red copy.)

• 3 weeks later...
I bought it after reading a review taht said the sound quality was superior to their previous best of releases. I won't say I'm disappointed because I ordered the DVD. I though tha alone was worth it but I really don't notice any differnece in the sound quality.

I am considering buying the enhanced TSRTS soundtrack( I have The Movie already),

Plaease give some feedback on what you think about this. Am I missing anything?

Dawg, I assume you have the re-released movie, so the soundtrack does not vary from the movie audio like it did in the original release. Since the movie is copyrighted and could not be altered, I just bought the soundtrack since I still have the DVD from years ago.

As far as Mothership, I really can only tell a difference in the audio on a few tracks - When the Levee Breaks and one other that isn't coming to mind at the moment.

• 1 month later...
<_< Sure its great but...It has almost the same song line up as the "Early Days/Later Days" and half of the other compilations. Dont get me wrong, I love Black Dog and Rock n' Roll too, but its time for a new mix. Does anyone agree with me?

When my dad first bought me Led Zeppelin Boxed Set 2, I wasn't a big Zeppelin fan. But after listening to those songs, I was totally in love with them. And when I read that those weren't their best songs, I thought what I should really buy some Best Of's.

And here it is, Mothership. Awesome songs, great combinations. The concert clips are wonderful, as any other Zeppelin concerts. Too bad that the book with information and pictures it too small, the Boxed Set 2 had many pics and lots of stuff in it, and it was written by the same man who wrote for Mothership too, David Fricke.

Any Zepp fan should own this album. And it worths!

• 2 weeks later...

I love Mothership, and I think the sound is amazing. I sometimes switch between the same song on Motherhip and the original (remastered) CD when I'm in the car, and the difference is huge. It's also much louder on Mothership - I have to turn the volume down or it deafens me! :D

seeing that Mothership is what "sealed the deal" between me and Zep, I'll always love it. :)

but it's pretty fab anyway - I love the DVD.

From reading this board it seems many dont realize the DVD from Mothership is just a sampler from 2003DVD. And if you love the Mothership DVD you will like the 2003 DVD even more

From reading this board it seems many dont realize the DVD from Mothership is just a sampler from 2003DVD. And if you love the Mothership DVD you will like the 2003 DVD even more

I realise that. :) But some of us don't bathe in money so we have to settle for samplers like that for a while. ;)

• 2 months later...
I realise that. :) But some of us don't bathe in money so we have to settle for samplers like that for a while. ;)

[]_0[]_

[] []\/[] //S B\\\\0KE //S C0[]_[]_EGE K [] DS GET, AND [] COU[]_D ST[][]_[]_ //FF0\\\\D THE D\/D!

[]T \/\/AS LESS TH//[]\[] F0\\\\TY BUCKS

I bought the one that's like 20 or 25 bucks, not realizing that it fucking cuts out in the middle of some songs on the dvd :o ARRRGH!

The other one is around 40 bucks, I think. I need to get that.

It's missing Thank You, What Is And What Should Never Be.., Tangerine, Misty Mountain Hop, Going To California, Rain Song, Down By The Seaside etc etc.

Mothership concentrates on the loud side of Zeppelin too much. That's only half their story. Fine, if Mothership was/is only part one of a two part collection but seeing as Mothership is supposed to be a summing up of Zep in total......I think it fails.

Archived