Band Meeting

pinky

You're right because I was just thinking how on the old board, when rumours heated up about Zep's reforming to participate in a tribute concert for Ahmet Ertegun, we were told to "watch this space" and no one (that I can recall) questioned the statement. So yes, I do think it somewhat boils down to people not wanting to hear no dvd/tour etc.

Saying 'watch this space' is entirely different than stating a fact. It's simply a suggestion.

Great! well I'd say that this matter is all wrapped up then :)

Until the next band meeting :blink: when it will start all over again. :(

The band members need to just come out and say if there will be a dvd or not. Its that simple but in reality thats not how Led Zeppelin have ever worked.

She's NEVER posted anything that infringes upon Zep's privacy in any way shape or form. I think she's incredibly respectful of their lives and privacy. The same cannot be said for others that post here.

I agree. Knebby is extremely judicious about the way she doles out inside info on this site. She does not behave like someone who is trying to make the most out of a personal connection. Rather than make post after post about how inside she is, it's my strong impression that Knebby refers to her inside info only when some person's wayward post (being kind and not saying bullshit post) compels her to speak up, when she can't stand to see thoughtless untruths go uncorrected. I think she handles it quite well, and if others didn't think so you can bet she'd stop being an insider real quick.

I hope they eventually do release it. I'd love to see it myself.

See here is where fact can cross the line of common sense. Given the great deal of professional equipment that was flying all over the place at the 02 show, common sense would tell you, oh yes they will most definitely put out a DVD of this show. Then again, the fact remains that as of right now the band has decided not to. What a major cluster fuck we have here huh?

Here is another fact, no one can say why. What is the reason they have decided not to go ahead with a DVD? This is much more intriguing to me then the decision itself.

Here is another fact, no one can say why. What is the reason they have decided not to go ahead with a DVD? This is much more intriguing to me then the decision itself.

My feelings exactly, I wish we knew.

Mind you we would still end up arguing about it on the board. :D

Wow. What a topic. I found it a little frustrating to read through the whole thing, but I am anxious to hear any news about a tour or DVD so I kept going. I do have to question though, if Knebby doesn't care whether the information she is sharing is believed or not, why does she even bother to post it? I would think if you have something to share with everyone, especially strangers, you would want to appear credible. I am relatively new here so I don't have any idea who she is, who she knows, who she works with or for, nothing at all. Is she the "deepthroat" of the Led Zeppelin administration? Does she have a real connection in any way to the band? And just because a lot of other people, who are also completely unknown to me, claim that her information is accurate doesn't give me any more reason to believe it. I would be a lot more inclined to believe her if she said "I work at Rolling Stone magazine and .........." or, "I know someone who works for a promoter and ........". And, no, I don't think I would accept news of a tour any more readily. I would still want to know "Who are you and how do you know?" It's not out of disrespect, it's just a desire for reliable information.

Wow. What a topic. I found it a little frustrating to read through the whole thing, but I am anxious to hear any news about a tour or DVD so I kept going. I do have to question though, if Knebby doesn't care whether the information she is sharing is believed or not, why does she even bother to post it? I would think if you have something to share with everyone, especially strangers, you would want to appear credible. I am relatively new here so I don't have any idea who she is, who she knows, who she works with or for, nothing at all. Is she the "deepthroat" of the Led Zeppelin administration? Does she have a real connection in any way to the band? And just because a lot of other people, who are also completely unknown to me, claim that her information is accurate doesn't give me any more reason to believe it. I would be a lot more inclined to believe her if she said "I work at Rolling Stone magazine and .........." or, "I know someone who works for a promoter and ........". And, no, I don't think I would accept news of a tour any more readily. I would still want to know "Who are you and how do you know?" It's not out of disrespect, it's just a desire for reliable information.

Rolling Stone? Ugh. Here is the dilemma with your thinking. I have inside information. It's creditable, and I can prove it. Who the fuck is going to believe me? Why? Because I work for so and so? A person with inside information has no way of winning with the posters here until it comes time to say...I told you so....And then you get a bunch of sarcastic comments from a bunch of assholes/posters/nice people who do not know you from Adam. Now why in the world should anyone come forward with info knowing they are going to be taken to task over it's creditability? It's a no win. Even when you are proven right, you still get the short end of the stick. So in order for such a person to share info, they have to be oblivious to those who question. This should answer your question.

That's understandable. And that's where longevity comes in. Those who have read Knebby's posts for a long time have come to recognize them as credible (and discreet with regard to the information the band would want out there). Those who haven't read her posts for so long will, after a while, find that they can trust her track record. Those who join the board and, without taking the trouble to get to know anybody, announce that others are full of shit [not you, yahyoubetcha] are, therefore, going to be the last people to learn any useful information, and are going to have a miserable time here wrangling with people.

Aqua out. Again.

Rolling Stone? Ugh. Here is the dilemma with your thinking. I have inside information. It's creditable, and I can prove it. Who the fuck is going to believe me? Why? Because I work for so and so? A person with inside information has no way of winning with the posters here until it comes time to say...I told you so....And then you get a bunch of sarcastic comments from a bunch of assholes/posters/nice people who do not know you from Adam. Now why in the world should anyone come forward with info knowing they are going to be taken to task over it's creditability? It's a no win. Even when you are proven right, you still get the short end of the stick. So in order for such a person to share info, they have to be oblivious to those who question. This should answer your question.

I don't think there is a dilemma with my thinking. If you have inside information, it's creditable(?) and you can prove it, what's the problem? I 'fucking' believe you. As far as questioning why she would post information like that, I agree, " Now why in the world should anyone come forward with info knowing they are going to be taken to task over it's creditability? It's a no win." So, since you are asking the same question, no, your reply doesn't answer my question at all. :unsure:

Aquamarine, thanks for your reply. I'm glad you can understand why I would be a little skeptical. I will try to keep up with Knebby's scoops, although I must admit I hope there's some room for error on this one. Like most people in this forum, I would love a chance to see Zep live. :D

What is the reason they have decided not to go ahead with a DVD? This is much more intriguing to me then the decision itself.

What makes you think they aren't going to do a DVD? If there is anything a Zep fan has to be is patient. Look how long it took them to get any official live stuff out, all the way back to the 3 years it took to release Song Remains the Same!

What makes you think they aren't going to do a DVD? If there is anything a Zep fan has to be is patient. Look how long it took them to get any official live stuff out, all the way back to the 3 years it took to release Song Remains the Same!

The quote is taken out of its full text. Go back and read the entire post.

A person with inside information has no way of winning with the posters here until it comes time to say...I told you so....And then you get a bunch of sarcastic comments from a bunch of assholes/posters/nice people who do not know you from Adam.

I would expand that further to include any information. In this case, as she herself said,

it was already out there. Even so, the stone throwers took aim instead of just taking or leaving it. It's laziness on their part really, for those who seek the truth are usually the first to find it.

I don't think there is a dilemma with my thinking. If you have inside information, it's creditable(?) and you can prove it, what's the problem? I 'fucking' believe you. As far as questioning why she would post information like that, I agree, " Now why in the world should anyone come forward with info knowing they are going to be taken to task over it's creditability? It's a no win." So, since you are asking the same question, no, your reply doesn't answer my question at all. :unsure:

You may "fucking" believe me? Why? Because I told you I work for rolling stone? lol

Read this thread. Here we have someone who has a proven track record for posting creditable information on this board. Yet you still question who is the source. Which is your right, but the poster has established credibility. There is the dilemma. Should the person in question be questioned? Or taken for creditable on past account? So yes, I did answer your question, you just did not understand the answer.

You may "fucking" believe me? Why? Because I told you I work for rolling stone? lol

Read this thread. Here we have someone who has a proven track record for posting creditable information on this board. Yet you still question who is the source. Which is your right, but the poster has established credibility. There is the dilemma. Should the person in question be questioned? Or taken for creditable on past account? So yes, I did answer your question, you just did not understand the answer.

Nowhere did I say 'may'. I read my post again and still can't find where I said 'may'. Maybe it's you who should read this thread. What I did say, was that if you could prove your inside information to be true, then I believe you. Man, you're nasty.

Archived