Band Meeting

pinky

Nowhere did I say 'may'. I read my post again and still can't find where I said 'may'. Maybe it's you who should read this thread. What I did say, was that if you could prove your inside information to be true, then I believe you. Man, you're nasty.

I would be a lot more inclined to believe her if she said "I work at Rolling Stone magazine and .........." or, "I know someone who works for a promoter and ........".

A lot more inclined, You May. Semantics.

I am not being nasty on purpose, I am trying to explain to you (3 times now) that your theory on how someone should explain themselves to you, so it is acceptable (to you) is fallible. It just doesn't work that way. My point was...Here is the info. Here is the source. At the end of the day, you may believe me, or not. It's the or not part that screws up the good intentions. You know? Your inclination? In this case, it's an established poster who has been questioned countless times, who always has given credible information. It has been posted in this thread by others. Maybe a re-visit of the thread would help. I am thinking not.

oh and by the way knebby, im sorry i was a dick head too you. its not my place to question where you get your information from.

apologies :)

*sneaks back in just to answer this*

- I absolutely think you have the right to question me, of course, as anyone does. How you do that is what makes things interesting. I accept and pppreciate your words. :beer:

*wanders off again*

Here is an answer to a thread which is no longer around, that asked "Why are people dysfunctional or some other thing".

It might apply, and then again... it might not. :)

The Sopranos

:lol: Prozac all around...

Gosh, the dysfunctional thread got so dysfucntional they pulled it, too? :blink:

Here I thought we were starting to make progess. Darn. I guess it's back to the one clique that doesn't exist committing drive by fruitings against the other clique that doesn't exist...

18827318.jpg

:lol: Prozac all around...

Gosh, the dysfunctional thread got so dysfucntional they pulled it, too? :blink:

Here I thought we were starting to make progess. Darn. I guess it's back to the one clique that doesn't exist committing drive by fruitings against the other clique that doesn't exist...

18827318.jpg

So odd that the word "cliques" have been brought up lately. There have never been any "cliques" as far as I'm concerned. Many of us have been here awhile and new people join every day. Actually "clique" is such a negative word-we are ALL part of the LZ community here. :)

If by "clique", one means an established group of respected and knowledgeable Zep fans, who have become friends and will stick up for one another, then yes, it's a clique.

I'd say it's more a group of good friends that needs to be respected a little more by us fresh faces

I'd say it's more a group of good friends that needs to be respected a little more by us fresh faces

True and I think it works both ways. You want respect of the individual or group, you should give respect as well. I always believed that was the case in this forum until recently. I just hope that we can get back to that level some day. :)

True and I think it works both ways. You want respect of the individual or group, you should give respect as well. I always believed that was the case in this forum until recently. I just hope that we can get back to that level some day. :)

Totally agree with you

So odd that the word "cliques" have been brought up lately. There have never been any "cliques" as far as I'm concerned. Many of us have been here awhile and new people join every day. Actually "clique" is such a negative word-we are ALL part of the LZ community here. :)

Well, I'd like to think so. However, try posting something slightly negative about Robert Plant, or containing irrational exuberance about a possible future for Led Zeppelin, and see what happens. I've done it on purpose, and the results were ... as expected.

Whatever. I hope the band meets again after Robert and Alison's tour is over and there is official news, released to the public by official means. Because clearly, idle bands are the devil's plaything... :D

'We' usually have a pretty good group of POUNCERS in the live Zep forums when a newbie posts...

"Where can I get bootlegs?" :lol:

Matter of fact...there's one right now in the 'best zep boots' thread there......I better clique the buckles on my boots and get over there right now to take care of business.....seeya there ! :D

I have a simple question that hasn't been explored. Since the break-up of the band in 1980, it has been a Zeppelin tradition to have a band meeting once a year to discuss business. Was this that type of meeting ?......Or was this meeting held strictly to discuss the results of O2, an O2 release, a possible tour, ...etc.

In simpler terms, what the hell was the agenda of this meeting ? (and I apologize in advance if I missed that somewhere in this crazy thread.

I have a simple question that hasn't been explored. Since the break-up of the band in 1980, it has been a Zeppelin tradition to have a band meeting once a year to discuss business. Was this that type of meeting ?......Or was this meeting held strictly to discuss the results of O2, an O2 release, a possible tour, ...etc.

In simpler terms, what the hell was the agenda of this meeting ? (and I apologize in advance if I missed that somewhere in this crazy thread.

Until such time as they release those details (don't hold your breath) we can only speculate on what the official agenda was. Obviously, they discussed an 02 DVD

release and Jimmy is keen to pursue overseeing a revamp of their back catalog.

Promotional duties for Mothership was certainly covered. Tour talk must have been brief, if at all, with Robert and Jason already on tour for the next several months.

Well, I'd like to think so. However, try posting something slightly negative about Robert Plant, or containing irrational exuberance about a possible future for Led Zeppelin, and see what happens. I've done it on purpose, and the results were ... as expected.

Why would you want to do that.? It sounds like deliberately stirring things up to me.

Some would call that trolling would they not? :blink:

I find that sad n childish. :(

Seems that if you've made good friends online, & you stick up for them when they're getting shit hurled at them, you are labeled as some one in a clique.....or a troll.

Why would you want to do that.? It sounds like deliberately stirring things up to me.

Some would call that trolling would they not? :blink:

I find that sad n childish. :(

Same here. :thumbdown:

'We' usually have a pretty good group of POUNCERS in the live Zep forums when a newbie posts...

"Where can I get bootlegs?" :lol:

Matter of fact...there's one right now in the 'best zep boots' thread there......I better clique the buckles on my boots and get over there right now to take care of business.....seeya there ! :D

Actually that seems like a matter for the "forum guidelines" crew...

I would be interested to see any minutes.

Item 1 A tour? NO

Item 2 A dvd?- NO

Item 3 Whats on the sandwiches?

So same time next year then???

We don't really know what was actually said or who said what. For me an official announcement is required but I am not sure we wil get one. :(

Seems that if you've made good friends online, & you stick up for them when they're getting shit hurled at them, you are labeled as some one in a clique.....or a troll.

I know; it seems that when it's been used here lately, its connotation is "negative" for the reasons you mention.

Just my .02.......I've observed those who happen to defend Robert or disagree as to whether LZ will reunite/tour get lambasted for their opinions. I'm not talking civil disagreements but actual name calling and insults hurled just because they have a different view or interpretation as to what has been written/said. I've been here a long time-made some friendships here so if I see one of my cyberbuddies attacked in that manner, I would want to defend them. I don't view it as "cliquish"-I just don't see the need to be rude to someone who happens to think differently. But that's me...you may see if differently.

I would like to think that all of us whether we're new or old time members can agree/disagree about topics without being placed in a category because of our opinions.

Peace :)

I "trolled" with this outrageous observation: Jimmy Page brings new fans to the band all the time.

Also, I "hurled" these feces: it's beginning to seem to me like some people around here will be disappointed if Led Zeppelin gets back together again.

Only reason I didn't get myself banned for these opinions is because I was expecting a certain group of friends to show up to say, more in sadness than in anger, and politely, how wrong I was. When they did - which is entirely their choice and their perogative - I didn't allow myself to be goaded into responding badly.

I was expecting it through watching it happen three different times in the previous two weeks. During that time, there were posters here who were unaware of the group of friends, so they were blindsided and felt a bit dog-piled on, to which they responded poorly, resulting in them being banned.

Turn about is fair play in my book, so it was the group who weren't on guard about me in that thread. It is aggravating to be caught unawares, isn't it? Even by nice people who are speaking in reasonable tones.

So, my apologies. I usually post in good faith, in fact I self-censor through wishing to keep the peace. But what a shame that so very much self-censoring is necessary, frankly.

Maybe, sometimes, it's the gathering together and outnumbering people that starts stirring things up, and not the different opinions?

I "trolled" with this outrageous observation: Jimmy Page brings new fans to the band all the time.

Also, I "hurled" these feces: it's beginning to seem to me like some people around here will be disappointed if Led Zeppelin gets back together again.

Only reason I didn't get myself banned for these opinions is because I was expecting a certain group of friends to show up to say, more in sadness than in anger, and politely, how wrong I was. When they did - which is entirely their choice and their perogative - I didn't allow myself to be goaded into responding badly.

I was expecting it through watching it happen three different times in the previous two weeks. During that time, there were posters here who were unaware of the group of friends, so they were blindsided and felt a bit dog-piled on, to which they responded poorly, resulting in them being banned.

Turn about is fair play in my book, so it was the group who weren't on guard about me in that thread. It is aggravating to be caught unawares, isn't it? Even by nice people who are speaking in reasonable tones.

So, my apologies. I usually post in good faith, in fact I self-censor through wishing to keep the peace. But what a shame that so very much self-censoring is necessary, frankly.

Maybe, sometimes, it's the gathering together and outnumbering people that starts stirring things up, and not the different opinions?

"Feces"??! Did you mean fences? :)

Also, I wasn't speaking of you in my response; I apologize if it came out that way. At times, there will be heated disagreements here but in the end we should be able to "agree to disagree" and shake hands. After all we'll here because we love to discuss Led Zeppelin. :D

Archived