I met Jimmy Page

I was in Europe/London for a couple of days.

It was an after hours business-dinner. London downtown, Soho square.I walked into the AutoMat restaurant and noticed a guy in white hair, sitting/hiding at a corner table with a couple of more people.

He resembled Jimmy Page. I made another entrance to check him out.Yes, it was the man himself!

I just couldn't belive it and I felt nervous & happy, both.

I waited for him to finish his dinner and kept checking on him like an undercover agent. Then, I approached him after 30 minutes of spying and met him and got his autograph!

I was with a group of people moslty Brits and surprisingly only one of the mknow of Led Zep! I asked them to what have they been listneing to all their lives!

It was a memorable moment on the eve of my birthday.

Sadly, I can't append the image of the autograph :(

It was an after hours business-dinner. London downtown, Soho square.I walked into the AutoMat restaurant and noticed a guy in white hair, sitting/hiding at a corner table with a couple of more people.

He resembled Jimmy Page. I made another entrance to check him out.Yes, it was the man himself!

I waited for him to finish his dinner and kept checking on him like an undercover agent. Then, I approached him after 30 minutes of spying and met him and got his autograph!

I was with a group of people moslty Brits and surprisingly only one of the mknow of Led Zep! I asked them to what have they been listneing to all their lives!

Nice! :thumbsup:

wow, you are so lucky! and im so glad you let him finish his meal and meeting. im curious, what did you talk about?

That's wonderful! :D

Sometimes, when I am with colleagues or acquaintances, I am often surprised to find that not all of them know of Led Zep or recognize the names of the band members.

Jimmy Page.Yes, it was the man himself!

I am glad for you,mate! Treasure this moment forever... :thumbsup:

See, London is the place to go! Ok, I'll pack my stuff and move there... :Wish me a safe trip... :D

excellent meeting Jimmy, he is such a gentleman aint he, the day i met him is one of the best days of my life, had a great conversation and really had time for me :D plus ive got some fantastic photos of the occasion for me to treasure, ive got a fantastic one with each of us with an arm round each others shoulder.... :D

excellent meeting Jimmy, he is such a gentleman aint he, the day i met him is one of the best days of my life, had a great conversation and really had time for me :D plus ive got some fantastic photos of the occasion for me to treasure, ive got a fantastic one with each of us with an arm round each others shoulder.... :D

oooh can we see them pleeeeeeeease?

What did you get his autograph on? (sorry, I often wonder this because if I ever met a celebrity, I'd probably have to get them to sign my library card, for lack of other ideas)

i never leave home without my o2 ticket stub... :D

I am glad for you,mate! Treasure this moment forever... :thumbsup:

See, London is the place to go! Ok, I'll pack my stuff and move there... :Wish me a safe trip... :D

:lol: AMAZONIC you are way too funny :D

Led-kHaN congratulations on meeting Jimmy - that's really a great experience that you will never forget!

:beer:

and you let him finish his meal first, nice! Let that be a lesson to others

Thanks. I actually hung outside for 20 minutes to ambush him when he would step outside. But, he didn't finish ..... so I went in when he was waiting for the seocnd round of coffee....

:lol: AMAZONIC you are way too funny :D

Led-kHaN congratulations on meeting Jimmy - that's really a great experience that you will never forget!

:beer:

Amazonic, yes good luck! Try hanging around Automat during dinner time ;)

That autograph looks a bit different than mine. I guess he was much younger then ;)

Awesome! Lucky you.

Just curious - how did you address him when you approached him? Did you say anything to him besides hello? What was his response like? Was he happy to see one of his fans?

I said, Mr Page could I have your autograph please. People with him were not very happy. JP was a bit startled but then, he felt relaxed. He saw the page in front of him read: Jimmy Page (The Legend) under which he was supposed to sign. He was very soft spoken and asked me my name and how to spell it. I regret not atempting at a longer conversation but, I was quite nervous at that time!

I think it was polite of you not to interrupt Jimmy at dinner. I hope you had a happy birthday, that would have been the best present ever. I'd still be reeling about it for weeks.

I looked at the menu. Sounds like a nice place, expensive though. I bet I know where you'll be dining out more often. What did you get his autograph on? (sorry, I often wonder this because if I ever met a celebrity, I'd probably have to get them to sign my library card, for lack of other ideas)

Thanks you for the best wishes. And everyone else here! You all make htis moment extra special and sharing this here, has certainly enhanced the joy of this memorable encounter!

A colleague was carrying a notebook an dI used that. Else, I would have asked the staff to give me something

Archived