What is the worst time period?

LedZep1969

Do you mean primarily for music? If so, I would say right now. There are only a handful of current artists that I like, and it's a very eclectic mix (some rock, some hip hop, some R&B). Which is why I listen to oldies all the time :lol:

I actually found a lot to like in the 80s, probably because those were my HS/college days. :)

Edited by Virginia

Leap Years

The proper way to determine if a year is or is not a leap year requires three different tests:

If the year is evenly divisible by 4, it is typically a leap year unless,

The year is evenly divisible by 100, which are not leap years, unless,

The year is evenly divisible by 400, which remain leap years.

A correct C expression for determining if a year is a leap year or not follows:

LeapSw = !(Year % 4) && ( (Year % 100) || !(Year % 400) );

:lol:

Otherwise I'd have to go with roughly 86 million years ago.

Edited by Speed Racer

What is the worst time period?

I always figured the worst time period was the last 5 days or so in "the time period" if you know what I mean.

Although the 48 hours leading up to last 5 days can be a real bitch of a time too.

And then of course right in the middle of that "time period" is a bit uncomfortable as well with all the "honey do you love me" bullshit and need to be held stuff... it's really annoying.

We are talking about women aren't we?

Anyway, probably only seven or eight good days in the month and I'm probably not around to benefit anyway.

:P

I always figured the worst time period was the last 5 days or so in "the time period" if you know what I mean.

Although the 48 hours leading up to last 5 days can be a real bitch of a time too.

And then of course right in the middle of that "time period" is a bit uncomfortable as well with all the "honey do you love me" bullshit and need to be held stuff... it's really annoying.

Anyway, probably only seven or eight good days in the month and I'm probably not around to benefit anyway.

Wow....you have 7 or 8 days? Consider yourself lucky. I have maybe 1 or 2 days a month and that is a good month! So lets say maybe...... 15 or 16 days a year. I need to get a long rope.

The 70´s, 80´s and 90´s were great but from 1997 onwards all down hill, musically and socially speaking. Everything you hear on the news is bad, global warming, crisis, poverty, natural disasters, the music is absolute crap.... I don´t know if it´s that we´ve got more information or things aren´t going too well. Luckily you can still choose to switch off everything, lay back with a good drink and listen to some good music and remember. :beer::coffee::console:

<_< Just wait until we turn 40! (Just messing with you).

Edited by Virginia

The time I spent reading this thread! :thanku:

Blah blah blah you said it.

How could anyone possibly know and by what standards are you talking about?

I was born in 1989 so I cannot really diss any time prior to that or immediately after cause...y'know.

I was a child of the 90s and I fucking loved it, even though it was crass and tacky.

80's were good, so were the early 90's, but it's all gone to shit since then

I would agree with you to a certain extent. The 80's were good for the first 1/2, then the shitty hair metal bands took over. Now they're considered the classics, but I turned off music from 86 until the mid 90's. That's how bad it got for me personally. Like all time periods, some are good, some suck. Today is that way. Most new artists I don't listen to because I don't think they're coming up with anything new and original.

That picture is truly disturbing.

The 70´s, 80´s and 90´s were great but from 1997 onwards all down hill, musically and socially speaking. Everything you hear on the news is bad, global warming, crisis, poverty, natural disasters, the music is absolute crap.... I don´t know if it´s that we´ve got more information or things aren´t going too well. Luckily you can still choose to switch off everything, lay back with a good drink and listen to some good music and remember. :beer::coffee::console:

:D I like your thinking. :beer:

Stop listening to or watching the news. It will do nothing but bring you down. It's practically impossible to miss anything important; real news travels fast, and there's always Google.

If we're talking music.... the 80's for the most part sucked large. When an 80's song comes on the radio, that horrible drum machine sound makes me cringe. The early and mid 90's had a saviour in the 'grunge' movement and anything after 2000 I'm allergic to. ( I'm referring to mainstream stuff. There's still decent stuff if you dig deep enough)

Edited by the queen without a king

Right now. Rap and other non-musical gimmicks have really messed up the music scene. Sometimes I think the older artists, who just cash in on current trends, seem to do more harm to the music scene than the originators of gimmicks.

Let the crap swim on it's own. Don't give it more momentum.

Also I could swear that there are countless new artists singing the same song, only with different words.

Edited by Midnight Rambler

rock has always been and always will be good.

will it greater then it was in the 60's/70's, maybe not especially

but to say that the 80's and 90's and 2000s suck for music is bordering on narrowmindedness.

there are always great bands out there, it's just that if you're not into it, it's easy to write it off.