What do you think is Over The Hills And Far Away?

LedZep1969

Maybe it's where my darlin walks awhile with me. Maybe it's the open road many times I've gazed along. Maybe it's just a word that only leaves us guessing bout a thing we really ought to know! ;)

Hey Ev,

You're quite the poet!

Would make damn fine lyrics too! ;)

I always thought it was either another reference to LOTR or that kids nursery rhyme. :unsure:

It's a woman you hurts you and doesn't love but you light up some acapulco gold and forget about and relize it doesn't matter and you see the open road. Although I think it does matter because something like that is not as easy to get rid of by doing that.

Here's what the British thought was over the hills and faraway. Written during the Napoleonic Wars. This is only the last three verses. The rest was about kicking French and Spanish ass for Queen Anne.

Over the Hills and Far Away

The 'prentice Tom he may refuse,

To wipe his angry master's shoes,

For then he's free to sing and play,

Over the hills and far away.

Chorus

Come on then boys, and you shall see,

We every one shall captains be!

To whore and rant as well as they,

When over the hills and far away.

Chorus

We then shall lead more happy lives,

By getting rid of brats and wives,

That scold on both the night and day,

When over the hills and far away.

Chorus

Is it Kashmir, Evermore, Where The Spirirts Fly, Where people sit around and sing songs til the night turns into day... or something else?

Everyone has an interpretation of this beautiful song, but the best and only interpretation that matters is when you listen to it and let the song take "you" over the hills and far away. :whistling:

I think the title now means a full scale Zeppelin tour...Over the Hills and Far Away .

Always thought the solo bit in the song was a bit strange, almost not fit in, don't get me wrong I enjoy the song and I guess its just one of Pagey's quirky moments, one of many that makes him the individual Musician he is.

Archived