• Fool In the Rain
    • You Shook Me
    • Your Time Is Gonna Come
    • The Rain Song
    • Trampled Underfoot
    • Kashmir
    • Other (Please Reply)

This topic is null & void.

Really, how could you have a thread about JPJ's best keyboard performance & not include "In The Light" & "Caroulselamba"? Are "You Shook Me" & "Fool In The Rain" a better example of keyboard tracks?

Sure there's keyboard on those songs but that's like starting a best "Page Guitar Track" poll & excluding "Stairway" to make room for "Living Loving Maid". Voting "Other" doesnt quite do it in this case.

Really, how could you have a thread about JPJ's best keyboard performance & not include "In The Light" & "Caroulselamba"? Are "You Shook Me" & "Fool In The Rain" a better example of keyboard tracks?

Sure there's keyboard on those songs but that's like starting a best "Page Guitar Track" poll & excluding "Stairway" to make room for "Living Loving Maid". Voting "Other" doesnt quite do it in this case.

Null and void...that's harsh, lol.

I will absolutely agree with "In The Light" and "Caroulselambra" as being two of the best (keyboards as well as Zep songs, period)! From the poll, that i didn't post a vote (sorry) i would pick "No Quarter"...

Harsh? Moi?

The youth will be made to respect the late 70's retro sounding stylings of "Carouselamba". The fate of the world is depending on it, & Im just the man for the job. Now out of my way Tangerine, I hear an out of tune Mellotron in the distance that needs my help....

especially the live performance of trampled.. on the led zeppelin dvd.. man jones goes off as well as page and bonzo.. the jamming in that song is umbelievable.. no quarter is close to it best studio version is no quarter.. but jpj is so talented everything was great with him and the band

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As I was reading through this thread I kept wondering... where's In The Light??????? Where's Carouselambra??????? Good call kak... good call!

As I was reading through this thread I kept wondering... where's In The Light??????? Where's Carouselambra??????? Good call kak... good call!

I was wondering about Carouselambra......... So, live I would pick NQ obviously. TU is also a fantastic jam.

• 1 month later...

My vote was between 'No Quarter' or 'Trampled Underfoot'

I couldn't decide, but at the end I chose 'No Quarter'

P.S. I like both of these in live versions however

P.S.S. These were the first two Zeppelin songs I ever listened to, and my two favorites

I voted for NQ, but I couldnt decide between that and Kashmir! I get anxious trying to pick.....lol. I also LOVE the his keyboard performance at the end of Over the hills and far away, ( the album version). It absolutely rocks!

The Rain Song is great, but I think a live No Quarter '77-79 style edges it out. Love some of his long solos.

I voted for No Quarter. That song is amazing! But then again most Zeppelin songs are. :rolleyes:

No Quarter without a doubt , is one of my favorite zep songs, specially the live No Quarter '77-79

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I voted for Kashmir, but No Quarter would be a VERRRYYY close second. Maybe it's just what the keyboard performance in Kashmir does for me.

^^^^^^^^^^^

The funny thing here is that over a year later, I have to change my above choice. I can't do that in the poll itself but I can verbalize it. I now think "No Quarter" is his best performance. I don't know if it's my favorite, but I certainly think he shines here like he never had before. Jonsey makes this song so amazing. He was really the under-appreciated driving force of a lot of the music Zeppelin made.

This was not an easy choice to make either. Kudos on making the poll so good and so tough. It really helped me remember how great JPJ was/is.

:thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

Archived