Led Zeppelin vs AcDc

McSeven

Hi there. Both bands have been popular for years. What do you find different about each band? Since both are at different ends of the spectrum of Rock.

For me Zep has the verstility. AcDc has the agressive intensity. I will go into detail later about the strenghts and weakeness of each band.

What are your thoughts.

Mc7

I like AC/DC and I respect that they've basically been the same for the last 30+ years.

But Zeppelin is a lot better and it's not even close. AC/DC isn't near as aggressive as Zeppelin was. Zeppelin really didn't have any weaknesses that is why they are considered one of the 5 best bands ever. AC/DC really isn't in that class.

Hi there. Both bands have been popular for years. What do you find different about each band? Since both are at different ends of the spectrum of Rock.

For me Zep has the verstility. AcDc has the agressive intensity. I will go into detail later about the strenghts and weakeness of each band.

What are your thoughts.

Mc7

Zeppelin evolved....acdc never changed

I like AC/DC and I respect that they've basically been the same for the last 30+ years.

But Zeppelin is a lot better and it's not even close. AC/DC isn't near as aggressive as Zeppelin was. Zeppelin really didn't have any weaknesses that is why they are considered one of the 5 best bands ever. AC/DC really isn't in that class.

I have more time now. Zep had more variety. I do think that Zep had more drama to the music. AcDc has more aggression. They seem to never be able to chill. Just look at thier dvd concerts. Angus dances around like a boxer. Page is more subduded. I am not putting Zep down. Its just what I see. I started this topic, because I belive that most bands are influneced by these two than other bands like The Who or the Stones.

Mc7

I'll throw in my $.02

Led Zeppelin saw the glass as half full and wanted to fill it all the way up.

AC/DC saw the glass half-empty and got in a race to make sure it never went completely dry.

I love both bands. Not nearly the same though. AC/DC were my partying band days. We always listened to them at parties because they new how to get you fired up with raw energy. Sometimes that energy would go a little too far though and fights would break out.

Led Zeppelin, however, were my get-high-and-go-to band. Many a time that I drifted off into an otherworldly place that only Zep could take me. Their music transcended just simple rock. They took things to a much broader spectrum. Applying the good with the bad... and I mean bad in a good way. Long mysterious journeys, songs of trial and tribulation, epic battles steeped in mythology and flat out rockers that would bring you to your knees. That's the Zep I know and love.

I'll say this much. I have bootlegs from both of them. One band I have a TON of, the other... not so much.

:whistling:

This is a "No-Brainer" Zep Rules! ACDC are "Immitators". They must have caught an Australian Zep concert from 72', and figured out their formula. yes, they are a good hard rocking entertaining band, but just think about it. Take Chuck Berry, Add the riff from "The Ocean", and the beginning of the "Stairway" solo, and you have the ingredients to ACDC. Bon Scotts sexual lyrics were the only thing that made that band interesting. And as a whole, (with the exception of TSRTS concert), Led Zeppelin were the ipitomy of action and stage presence. Angus did one annoying thing! He ran back and forth across the stage shaking his head. Complete overkill. Sorry Dude! ACDC doesn't belong in the same sentence as Led Zep.

For me Zep has the verstility. AcDc has the agressive intensity.

Zeppelin never lacked in aggressive intensity. They mastered it. They just happened to temper it with quiet passages. Full on Zeppelin live on full steam ahead would make Angus cry like a schoolboy getting his ass beat in front of all the kids at the bikeracks at recess.

John Bonham vs Phil Rudd? Nuff said. :hysterical:

What are your thoughts.

Mc7

How's it going "McSeven?" This is a very interesting question. While I love both bands, there is a difference in their music. First of all, AC/DC has two guitarists, Malcolm for rhythm and Angus for lead. Pagey did both! ZEPPELIN experimented with different sounds of music, AC/DC just stayed with the same formula. Like someone commented earlier in this post, if you had to choose between Bonham or Rudd, who would it be? I think everyone knows the answer to that question, enough said. ROCK ON!

Both great bands with different kind of rock to their roll. AC/DC ROCKS...HARD...Zep is just all around great. Really depends on the music mood you are in. Someday it is a Stairway to Heaven day, other days it's Dirty Deeds day. I keep both in my car CD player just for when the urge hits me for that special song.

Just listened to the new Acca Dacca song.

Have to wait and see what the rest of the album will be like.

If a one trick pony like AC/DC can record after a lay off the JP,JPJ & JB are a shoo in.

They lost something when they lost Bon (and I like Brian Johnson as a singer his stuff with Geordie was great), the frontman is the vocal point of the band and gives it it's identity.

It would have been the same if Robert had left the band and not Bonzo.

Talking of drummers the beat on Rock 'n' Roll Train was staid at best.

They ain't Led Zeppelin, no way no how!

Led Zeppelin, however, were my get-high-and-go-to band. Many a time that I drifted off into an otherworldly place that only Zep could take me. Their music transcended just simple rock. They took things to a much broader spectrum. Applying the good with the bad... and I mean bad in a good way. Long mysterious journeys, songs of trial and tribulation, epic battles steeped in mythology and flat out rockers that would bring you to your knees. That's the Zep I know and love.

Hear, hear!

What are your thoughts.

Mc7

shhhh :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: choices not ment to be made lol but no zeppelin hands down

Interesting Subject! I live in York P.A. and there was a radio contest last year. "Best Rock Band" or something to that effect. It was on 93.5 WTPA. It was set up like college B.B. or F.B. Scedule/Bracket w/ the regional bands. I tuned in and called in. I actually heard my voice on the radio a few times. It was Zep over B.Sabbath, over Ozzy, and over Bad Company. I couldn't believe it, but L.skynard beat Zep, and AC/DC WON! Nothing against AC/DC, but Lynard Skynard? "Please". I appreciate AC/DC, and their power to "ROCK" and never let up. Personally I am a more "introspective" person, so I like it both ways. the way only Zep could do it, but Lynard? You got to be crazy. for me? I pick Zep, but AC/DC esp. Bon Scott era is 2nd best.

One thing to say first: I absolutely adore ACDC. They know how to make music pure raunchy hot energy...bon scott forever.

But in my eyes (ears) it doesn't make a big musical difference listening to If you want blood or to Fly on the wall ( except for the singer of course).

If you look at Zep, it makes a huge difference between 71 and 73 f. ex.

So you could take the one as musical cessation and the other one for the disabillity to find the perfect line.

Or you could love the 2 bands as what they are: ACDC as THE creators of Power and Zep as THE creative locomotive that influenced and put all forward since their existance.

Zeppelin never lacked in aggressive intensity. They mastered it. They just happened to temper it with quiet passages. Full on Zeppelin live on full steam ahead would make Angus cry like a schoolboy getting his ass beat in front of all the kids at the bikeracks at recess.

John Bonham vs Phil Rudd? Nuff said. :hysterical:

:D

Boom-Boom Tack....

Boom-Tack

Boom-Boom Tack

Boom-Tack-Boom-Bam-pock.

I think they are both way too different to compare. I also find the AC/DC hate in this thread very rude.

I don't think there is any "hate" in the Thread, Just don't put them in the same categorie, sentence, paragraph, genre, as Led Zeppelin. I do have a funny little story. When I was in the Army and I had this "Cool" Hispanic roomate, luckily he didn't try to impose alot of the typical stereotypical, "commercial" Hip-Hop, or gangster rap on me. His "Real" music was something you would hear, only if you lived in their community. But when I played Zep, and at that time it was "the BBC 71'" Bootleg, He thought it was OZZY! But at the same time, and I can't understand this at all, he was a huge V.Hagar fan, and loved Alex Van halens' drumming, and thought they were "it". This was 1989/90. Any opinions and similar stories? Oh, also, while I was in Germany I watched an AC/DC Monsters of Rock, and it was "Killer". Black Crowes, Qeensryche,Motley crue,Metallica, then AC/DC , Money Talks! Killer show from everyone! Out doors 50,000 people, we got there at the end of the Black Crowes and didn't see their set, but everyone else was Killer.

I think they are both way too different to compare. I also find the AC/DC hate in this thread very rude.

What hate? :huh:

BTW, it's ZEPPELIN forum. Chances are there's at least some unkind words about Zeppelin on the AC/DC boards. :rolleyes:

What hate? :huh:

BTW, it's ZEPPELIN forum. Chances are there's at least some unkind words about Zeppelin on the AC/DC boards. :rolleyes:

Of course. Robert kicked them out of Knebworth. :blink:

I don't think there is any "hate" in the Thread, Just don't put them in the same categorie, sentence, paragraph, genre, as Led Zeppelin. I do have a funny little story. When I was in the Army and I had this "Cool" Hispanic roomate, luckily he didn't try to impose alot of the typical stereotypical, "commercial" Hip-Hop, or gangster rap on me. His "Real" music was something you would hear, only if you lived in their community. But when I played Zep, and at that time it was "the BBC 71'" Bootleg, He thought it was OZZY! But at the same time, and I can't understand this at all, he was a huge V.Hagar fan, and loved Alex Van halens' drumming, and thought they were "it". This was 1989/90. Any opinions and similar stories? Oh, also, while I was in Germany I watched an AC/DC Monsters of Rock, and it was "Killer". Black Crowes, Qeensryche,Motley crue,Metallica, then AC/DC , Money Talks! Killer show from everyone! Out doors 50,000 people, we got there at the end of the Black Crowes and didn't see their set, but everyone else was Killer.

You had a stupid roommate. That NEVER happens!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

LZ is my fav band to listen to but ac/dc is the band I most try to emulate with my band because I love & feel like they're one style balls out rock is most needed right now, I love songs like stairway but my band won't ever play songs like that, when an ac/dc song comes on even brand new songs you know it's an ac/dc song which some people don't appreciate but I love that, I want people to hear a MoFo Stone song & know they'll soon be pumpin fists(dudes) or shakin ass(chicks) no matter what someone else can give em their stairway type songs or just let LZ keep doin it

Soundcloud.com/mofostone

Archived