What do you think of guys with long hair.

pinky

Well I have hair as long and almost as curly as Jimmy Page in early 1970 (see Royal Albert Hall) and I've heard mixed views "cut your hair, you look like a hippie,stoner, etc..." also there have been good things. But well what do the good Led Zeppelin fans think. HAPPY ZEPTEMBER!!!!

I had the same problem when I had long hair. Constantly called a hippie, a fag and what not. I personally don't care, if you want long hair and it's not a hindrance on your life(IE possibly costing you your job) then go for it. Be lucky you can pull it off.

I was thinking of bringing up something like this, because lately it bothers me. Where I work, most of my co-workers are very clean cut and so am I, but my hair changes all of that. I take very good care of it and I spend no more time on anything else when I have to, but once in a while I'll contemplate about getting a haircut. If I feel so sensitive about my hair at work, maybe I'll look for a different job, but in the long run; I know I would be happier with my shaggy locks instead of regretting as I tell my self "it'll grow back" while I impatiently waiting for my hair to grow back after I get a haircut. :lol:B)

200808271902000-1-1.jpg

All these people who call you names have a problem. I'ts the fact that they don't dare to be different, and are soooo jealous because you have the guts to be. I often have long dreadlocks plaited into my hair, and i've got a huge tattoo on my upper arm. You'd be amazed how many people seem to get themselves worked up into a frenzy about the way i look. But hey, you know what, i don't care what people who i don't even know think about my appearance. I'm happy with who i am, and it seems like you're happy with who you are. So you go for it matey and keep growing that hair, it looks great :wave:

I had long hair when I was younger, I guess I just got tired of messing with it that and the hot, humid-ass weather. It just gets to be a hassle. As long as your comfortable with it and it isn't say a safety hazard with your job keep it. B)

There's nothing cooler (or hotter) than long haired men! It shows that you don't care for silly fashion trends and regulations and that you have taste! It really gets me up that there are no- and I mean ZERO- guys with long hair in my school!!!

Haha were do you live, I wish more girls thought so my age but it seems every teenage girl I know is an idiot and thinks everyone has to conform.

Long hair can look really nice on a guy. You should keep it long if that's what you want. My son's is starting to grow out a bit. It's sort of a shaggy shag right now. Many of his friends are already chin length and counting. I really don't think twice about hairdos of any type (long, short, purple, dreads, whatever). Whatever makes you happy and is ok with the boss. :)

I love guys with long hair! My husband has curly hair (like Brian May), and for years I wanted him to grow it long, but because of his job (sales) he couldn't do it. Then he got a job where his hair length didn't matter, so he grew it long (not just because I wanted him to, he wanted to do it as well). Since it's really curly, it has more of a tendency to grow out instead of long, but it did grow past his shoulders- looked really nice! He cut the length earlier this year (too much of a hassle to keep up- I can relate as mine is halfway down my back), but it's still thick & curly (like what Jimmy has in the pic in my siggy).

Some men with long hair are ab-so-lute-ly gorgeous (case in point, Mr James Page). He's the only guy I've ever seen that's had hair longer than mine and still looks sexy. Others - not so much. I've seen lads walking around my town with really long hair and it just looks lanky and horrid. I think if you look after your hair you can look quite nice.

So, yeah. I like guys with long hair.

Long hair is good in my book! As long as it's not stringy. I like my hippies clean, thank you very much. :D

The only style I don't really like is when it looks like a grown-out Beatles mop top and isn't really officially long yet, and the bangs sit there and hang in the guy's face and block out his eyes. It drives me nuts looking at it - I can't imagine how annoying that must be for them! And really, it makes them look more like a reject from a '70s JC Penney commercial than a cool rocker.

Edit: I thought of a good example of that haircut - the kid in Almost Famous. Is it just me, or does he look goofier than heck with that haircut?

When i was a teenager and into my early 20's, i got fired from 3 jobs due to the length of my hair. Even though i was polite, educated and well spoken, it didn't seem to matter.

Long, pink, mohawk, brush cut, bald as a baby's ass....who the fuck cares? Why can't people be judged on character instead of these absurd surface assessments and petty inproprieties?

Long hair is good in my book! As long as it's not stringy. I like my hippies clean, thank you very much. :D

The only style I don't really like is when it looks like a grown-out Beatles mop top and isn't really officially long yet, and the bangs sit there and hang in the guy's face and block out his eyes. It drives me nuts looking at it - I can't imagine how annoying that must be for them! And really, it makes them look more like a reject from a '70s JC Penney commercial than a cool rocker.

Edit: I thought of a good example of that haircut - the kid in Almost Famous. Is it just me, or does he look goofier than heck with that haircut?

that's a good way to put it. :D (the stuff I bolded.)

on some guys long hair looks exceptionally beautiful, on some it doesn't. same goes for girls anyway. :)

and it needs to be cared of. the most gorgeous man on earth will look horrible with never-washed hair. :o

I've had a long hair a few times, the last time it was really long, which was about 18 months ago, and the trouble with long hair is, the longer that you have it for, the harder it becomes to cut it. You start thinking "It's taken so long to grow it to this length, I don't want to cut it", then you end up like one of those guys who have had the same long hair for the last 20 years. You don't want that. Never have it for longer than 5 years. It's, to me, a bit pathetic when you see these rockers who used to have characteristic long hair in the 70's, and 35 years later they've still got the bloody thing!

Archived