Stock Market Meltdown!

I have got a horsey

Talk about timing LOL :lol: 2002 before the first dump I cashed my retirement fund and paid off high intrest debt and repaid it thru payroll deduction into a guaranteed fund 0% loss and an actual gain of 13%-17% based on the card rate.

Now with going through a divorce and the home appraisal down my buyout will be much less :lol:

I ain't gettin rich but I ain't goin broke either :lol::lol::lol::banana::chickeddance::cheer:

^ i saw that inter company email on the news too. amazing.

Just saw on the news that the futures indicator -us, has been shut off this morning, after a big drop.

The comments from -alan greenspan yesterday were scary. He's not using his -greenspeak these days...or is he? Nobody seems to know anything for sure.

I'm thinking about seeing that guy -richard fuld on tv, being questioned about -lehman bros. He dumped his stock just like ceo's from -mci and tyco did....those folks jumped ship for themselves as the cos. were crashing, whats the difference with what these big banks did. I know its market forces...but still, why sell all the stock in 06 then.

He sure did answer the questions in an interesting way though. I guess he has a law degree...it was like two words at a time, w/big pauses.

My friend sells new cars for a living at a local Detroit dealer. He told me this weekend that he was turning away people with 680-700 credit ratings for new car financing. The Gov't needs to step in and address that problem pronto. Car sales are down enough without dealing with problems that are out of the Big (little) 3's hands. Chrysler will be gone by the end of the year, which means at least another 30-50,000 people out of work permanently in this area. It also means that either GM'S or Chrysler's Tech Centers will also close, and no one even has the balls to talk about that yet. Fear rules the day in our town....http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008810270331 Imagine those families where both spouses work for the auto companies ? Yikes ! :slapface:

So did the GM-Chrysler merger talks go down or what? Haven't been able to really keep up with that lately

Nissan has supposedly entered the picture. GM needs to learn (which they never will) that bigger is not necessarily better. Chrysler canned 30% of their white-collar workers in preperation of a sale of some sort. The Gov't ought to put the squash on the GM deal, and most of the workers of both companies feel the same way. Ford is in decent financial shape, even though you can buy a share of their stock for the price of a slurpee. They have plans to unload their Mazda connections if the tight credit situation continues.

Alan Greenspan = Claude Rains in the movie "Casablanca"...

" I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here! " :o

Interesting quote, and it reminds me of a point someone here at work made. Did it ever occur to anyone that this entire stock market fiasco corresponded in time to the proliferation of legalized gambling that has spread across the country ? Is being a day trader on the Internet much different than walking up to a craps table and rolling the bones ?

And how about that plan from a couple years ago that was going to allow you and I to invest part of our future social security benefits in the stock market ? :blink::slapface:

The extreme fluctuations in the Dow, up and down, is a sign of a very unhealthy market. No one should be excited about it even when it does go up nearly 900 points. Unless that happens about 5 or 6 days in a row and you just invested in the stocks that caused that rise! :D

Hi all,

Interesting quote, and it reminds me of a point someone here at work made. Did it ever occur to anyone that this entire stock market fiasco corresponded in time to the proliferation of legalized gambling that has spread across the country ? Is being a day trader on the Internet much different than walking up to a craps table and rolling the bones ?

And how about that plan from a couple years ago that was going to allow you and I to invest part of our future social security benefits in the stock market ? :blink::slapface:

BM,your dang close.The stock market is and will always will be speculation.What a company will,might do,period.When quarter earning come out they really do,hedge their bets.Just like gambling.That is not the problem.The problem is when any company needs money or the gentler term, financing they get on the market or look for -investors- who like the market, want a loan payed back and a return on the the loan/investment.Yet if you loan to someone who can never pay it back(that is called the new math) why are you giving out loans? <_<

Ah,yes,people have to have homes,cars and BS,so what if they can't give it back?And everthing goes sore?

Please,...

KB

Hi all,

BM,your dang close.The stock market is and will always will be speculation.What a company will,might do,period.When quarter earning come out they really do,hedge their bets.Just like gambling.That is not the problem.The problem is when any company needs money or the gentler term, financing they get on the market or look for -investors- who like the market, want a loan payed back and a return on the the loan/investment.Yet if you loan to someone who can never pay it back(that is called the new math) why are you giving out loans? <_<

Ah,yes,people have to have homes,cars and BS,so what if they can't give it back?And everthing goes sore?

Please,...

KB

Right again KB, the new math it is. I'd love to put a smiley face here but....

Archived