Time to move on...

nirvana

I'm not ready to give up on a reunion with Robert, either!! And I'm not above begging, either :rolleyes: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE please Robert!

I will totally take a leave from my work and help with the dang paperwork. I get it - it sucks. But let's rock n' roll!!!!!!!!

With love from

Most faithful fan.

'We've always been about four guys coming together to make thrilling, disturbing rock 'n' roll. On our own terms.'

"He has to live with his decision," "Robert will have made his bed by then, now he needs to sleep in it"--HE'S living with his decision fine! He's reluctant to join in, not to be left out! :rolleyes:

Never assumed he wasn't FINE with his descision. :huh: As far as being reluctant to join in, sorry Aqua, he can't have it both ways. :unsure: Everybody has an ego, but please.. Left out? How is saying no to a 09 tour being left out? Like the thread title states: Time To Move On! <_<

Never assumed he wasn't FINE with his descision. :huh: As far as being reluctant to join in, sorry Aqua, he can't have it both ways. :unsure: Everybody has an ego, but please.. Left out? How is saying no to a 09 tour being left out? Like the thread title states: Time To Move On! <_<

"He has to live with his decision" implies that it may be something rash he'll come to regret, the same implication that the saying "you made your bed, now you lie in it" has. My point was that I don't see any evidence that he's doing anything he's going to regret, though others may regret it on his behalf. Nor do I see how he's trying to have it both ways. Perhaps you misunderstood--I'm saying he's fine with not being included in this project, he voluntarily opted out, he excluded himself, he left himself out, or however else you want to put it. I did say earlier that I don't see why he has to declare publicly for all eternity that he doesn't want to play with those guys again--but I said that, not him! :D

There's a rumor that they've got someone from America;to do the vocal/singing side of the business .Why cant they keep it "British" ,surely they have got someone in England,Scotland or wales that could sing to there style and continue with the Celtic,Gaelic,viking theme etc folk songs/ mystical themes etc. :hippy: To be sure to be sure.

Yeah, because surely an American would fuck it up.

All this stuff about Plant not making a definitive statement, and that possibly signalling indecision, is very sketchy.

The world does not work with iron clad committments, you don't know for sure what's around the corner. People don't rule things out all the time. It's called keeping your options open for the future!

But that does not mean there's any more to read into Plant's remarks. His misgivings at forgoing the great thing he has with AK at the moment is clear; no point talking about a 'lack of an iron clad statement' as a reaons he may reunite with JPJ and JP.

If you don't mind i will not be moving on from it yet <_< , Until an official statement saying what happening, I am open to anything is possible, why are we presuming Robert will or will not. There are people on here who seem to be alluding to the fact that JP/JB/JPJ are going to have a new musical project with a diff singer, they either really know or they have let the cat out the bag ?? Anyway until its officially announced I still have an open mind to Robert and his decision if they are to ask him to join them :)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showb...icle1712616.ece

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?s...ic=8065&hl=

ALthough i agree that Robert will probably not join the boy's on this alleged tour, i would still like to hear him categorically state through credible sources that he will, in no way, shape or form be part of any Zeppelin related endeavor...ever. This would ensure closure for me, nothing else.

I personally don't understand the clamour for Robert to issue a denial. If the project has nothing to do with him, why should he have to comment on it? Should he also release a statement about not working with Paul Martinez again, or not re-forming the Priory of Brion? If everyone was expected to make statements about what they are NOT intending to do, we'd be neck-deep in them every day.

The only people who should be issuing the statements and thus ending the speculation are those involved in the project. And they obviously have their reasons for not doing so. Its a shame really, that politics plays such a huge part these days in what used to be fun for these guys.

I personally don't understand the clamour for Robert to issue a denial. If the project has nothing to do with him, why should he have to comment on it? Should he also release a statement about not working with Paul Martinez again, or not re-forming the Priory of Brion? If everyone was expected to make statements about what they are NOT intending to do, we'd be neck-deep in them every day.

The only people who should be issuing the statements and thus ending the speculation are those involved in the project. And they obviously have their reasons for not doing so. Its a shame really, that politics plays such a huge part these days in what used to be fun for these guys.

I rarely say anything on here these days but I couldn't agree with you more Knebby.

I can't for the life of me understand why Robert who has already given so much to people (the reason why we can all "enjoy" forums such as this for eg) has to justify his actions to anybody. The guy is happy doing what he's doing, surely we all deserve that in our lives? or maybe I'm just being selfish. :D

Anyways as you were people :beer:

This writer says it better than I can:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/neil_mccormic...lowly_deflating

I find it suspicious that this story mysteriously "leaked" to a tabloid at exactly the same time Robert was receiving awards with Alison in Nashville. As far as I am concerned, Robert is the one taking the high road right now, and conducting himself with dignity and class. The political games and strategically-timed "leaks" to the Sun will not lead to a reunion anytime soon. Just my opinion.

Edited for horrific spelling resulting from caffeine deficiency.

I care greatly about what happens next, musically.

However, I'll also repeat what Cactus said:

"Closure" is something victims of major trauma need, not victims of a non-Zeppelin tour. Perhaps a little perspective mightn't come amiss? Trying to tune the feelings a little less exquisitely?

I fail to see where Plant has failed to treat anyone with respect; this response has only come from those who are bound and determined to feel disrespected because he's not doing what THEY want him to do. It's an endlessly-repeated response that has become tiresome beyond belief.

I think he's fine with Jimmy, Jonesy, Jason, and New Guy, sorry. So am I. I can't wait, in fact!

Here's some perspective:

Maureen Plant nearly died, Robert Plant badly injured, Plant and Page children luckily and thankfully not badly physically injured in a car accident. Fans all over the world left holding tickets and worrying (me among them).

Karac Plant died tragically young. Fans all over the world horrified and saddened, left wondering and praying for two years.

John Bonham, father of two, a drummer who was living proof of the saying "without music, life would be a mistake," died unnecessarily at age 32 in sad circumstances. Zeppelin disbands. Fans shocked, stunned, in mourning. This was a real loss to people, you know.

Jimmy, guitarist and producer whose music literally helps people heal, nearly slipped away after. Two decades of him finding his way back to health and smiles seem to be over, to fans' genuine happiness and delight.

The music remains as vibrant as ever.

Meanwhile, Plant can't answer a simple question without being sarcastic, or else, he won't answer because it might impact his current tour. We are all regularly schooled in interviews and even in songs about what is cabaret, what music is "old" and worthless and what music is old but important, why it sucks for people to continue to play music they wrote in the 60s and 70s, but it's great for him to play music they wrote in the 60s and 70s. And so on.

Perhaps a little perspective the other way is called for?

We are all regularly schooled in interviews and even in songs about what is cabaret, what music is "old" and worthless and what music is old but important, why it sucks for people to continue to play music they wrote in the 60s and 70s, but it's great for him to play music they wrote in the 60s and 70s. And so on.

Perhaps a little perspective the other way is called for?

:lol:

If it is fresh and vital it is important. When the flowers in the vase begin to wilt, he must wander again into the garden to find new ones.

Robert is obligated to do nothing but carry on with his own life. I was refering to the fact that he can't walk 10 feet down a sidewalk without being pelted with Zep reunion questions. I do not understand how he can remain sane under these circumstances. I was perhaps putting myself in his shoes...i would issue a shorty saying "LAY THE F*$%# OFF! I'M BUSY DOING OTHER THINGS AT THIS TIME".

I very much respect Robert but he must be sick and tired of this stuff. I was thinking that he might want to take some heat off of himself by issuing....something.

I personally don't understand the clamour for Robert to issue a denial. If the project has nothing to do with him, why should he have to comment on it? Should he also release a statement about not working with Paul Martinez again, or not re-forming the Priory of Brion? If everyone was expected to make statements about what they are NOT intending to do, we'd be neck-deep in them every day.The only people who should be issuing the statements and thus ending the speculation are those involved in the project. And they obviously have their reasons for not doing so. Its a shame really, that politics plays such a huge part these days in what used to be fun for these guys.

Right now it seems the "joe public" doesn't quite know if Robert will be involved or not, although it would seem unlikely that he would. You're comments seem to indicate that you already know. Again, this hasn't been made public as far as I know. As far as him not having to issue a denial, you can't be serious right? When you've just blown the world away and played a reunion concert less then a year ago under the name Led Zeppelin, and three of those members are in a studio currently jamming, and have publicly stated that they want to tour, and he's NOT supposed to comment or issue some kind of statement about more shows or future projects? C'mon! :rolleyes: Last time I checked, Paul Martinez and Priory of Brion are not in the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame! <_< Robert has had to deal with these questions since 1980. It's part of the "deal" when you've fronted the greatest rock band in the world. To suggest otherwise, especially so soon after the O2 performance, is a ARROGANT position to take IMO. Sorry for any spelling errors. :)

Its not arrogant at all. To repeatedly suggest that it is Robert who has to make the statement and not the people who are actually involved in the project is just bloody ridiculous. It's THEIR project, not his.

Haven't the other three already stated their positions as to what they want to do?

Right now it seems the "joe public" doesn't quite know if Robert will be involved or not, although it would seem unlikely that he would. You're comments seem to indicate that you already know. Again, this hasn't been made public as far as I know. As far as him not having to issue a denial, you can't be serious right? When you've just blown the world away and played a reunion concert less then a year ago under the name Led Zeppelin, and three of those members are in a studio currently jamming, and have publicly stated that they want to tour, and he's NOT supposed to comment or issue some kind of statement about more shows or future projects? C'mon! :rolleyes: Last time I checked, Paul Martinez and Priory of Brion are not in the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame! <_< Robert has had to deal with these questions since 1980. It's part of the "deal" when you've fronted the greatest rock band in the world. To suggest otherwise, especially so soon after the O2 performance, is a ARROGANT position to take IMO. Sorry for any spelling errors. :)

My opinion is that "Joe Public" doesn't know anything at the moment. All we have are internet rumors and speculation about what may or may not be happening. The only person who has said anything is Jason and all he said was that he was jamming with two J's occasionally. There are some people who are a little closer to the situation, and they may actually visit and contribute to this board occasionally. They may indeed know what is truly going on in zep land, but choose not to betray the confidence of those who tell them what is around the bend. I'm sure Robert, JPJ and JP will tell of their intentions in due time and the way they want. What does the rock and roll hall of fame have to do with anything? It's just a museum and way for fans to remember their favorites. Robert has stated with complete candor in my opinion that he is very happy working with Allison and has implied that they intend to go into the studio to do another album after this current leg of the tour is over. He has given no indication publicly that he wants to Join the other three at all at this point. The o2 show was a ONE off and that was made clear by all of the band at the time it happened.

Archived