Is Led Zeppelin the same without Robert Plant?

Gosh - I sure hope they don't go out on the road without Robert Plant. That's not Led Zeppelin...that's a half assed attempt to reunite the band for the benefit of making a few bucks or placating the fans that are begging for a more "true" reunion.

The only way this reunion works is if you have all three surviving members and Jason Bonham on drums...that's it. That's Led Zeppelin circa 2008-2009.

Let's all pray that Robert Plant decides to do this thing. It will be the greatest rock and roll reunion of all time.

This is one of those questions where I can't get past the question, let alone to an answer--of course Zeppelin isn't the same without Robert Plant (love him, loathe him, or have no feelings at all about him). :huh: I mean, how could it be? It's an issue of fact, not opinion.

It won't be Led Zeppelin without Robert. Jimmy has already acknowledged this and, hopefully, the new band's name will reflect this. A reunited Robert & Jimmy didn't go out as Led Zeppelin and there's no reason to suspect Jimmy will put this out as Zeppelin.

Will I go and see it? Of course - it'll still be a great event.

I guess you have to ask "what is LED ZEPPELIN"... what is the destination of the band.... Is it about just finding guys to RUN the SHIP until it comes around again to the guys from before... and so it becomes once more....

Would there ever be communication between different planets where maybe ... well... would there ever be more than ONE LED ZEPPELIN BAND in existence in the UNIVERSE at one time?

===

I think it would be ok if they released new material and toured it and then add in Led Zeppelin tunes during the concerts as did Robert, Jimmy and John on their own solo tours, exception Jimmy who hasnt solo toured but you know what i mean, it was ok to fetch in Jason to replace Bonzo, but im affraid it wont be Led Zeppelin without Robert, it kind of desicrates the name to me if a singer is brought in to replace Robert, especially while he is alive, if he had died and they needed to replace him it would be different, but while the original is still out there, theres no Zeppelin without him im affraid.

I think it would be ok if they released new material and toured it and then add in Led Zeppelin tunes during the concerts as did Robert, Jimmy and John on their own solo tours, exception Jimmy who hasnt solo toured but you know what i mean, it was ok to fetch in Jason to replace Bonzo, but im affraid it wont be Led Zeppelin without Robert, it kind of desicrates the name to me if a singer is brought in to replace Robert, especially while he is alive, if he had died and they needed to replace him it would be different, but while the original is still out there, theres no Zeppelin without him im affraid.

Jimmy toured solo - following the release of his Outrider album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl_sfZOx-uM

I pose the question at my video blog site. If Led Zeppelin goes on tour without Robert Plant...would you still go and see them live.

Check out the video, subscribe and let me know what you think.

Rock it out!

Sami

No they are not the same without Robert Plants voice. But they are the music, the heart beat of the sound and yes, if I have the funds available I'll definetly go see them. I'll continue to go see them, all of them, in any form they choose to play in. Just as Robert Plant singing Zeppelin songs is not the same without Jimmy playing the guitar (which is the root of the music), it wont be the exact same. But it still sounds good and worth listening too.

"You can take the boy out of Zeppelin, but ya can't take Zeppelin out of the boy" .....er uh man.

why must it go on ? it hasn't for 27 years... so why now...i just hope they don't call it led zeppelin.

Because the lure of the next encounter an audience and music that comes alive endures ever onward.

It is not Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant and yes I would go to see Jimmy, John and Jason as it would be a incredible show.

I have already seen John Paul Jones without Robert Plant, and of course I would again; same for Robert Plant.

Because the lure of the next encounter an audience and music that comes alive endures ever onward.

load of drivel, the fact is that they are gonna be too old very soon, the fact of the matter is now (or the next few years) or never. pls don't call it led zeppelin

Archived