Is Led Zeppelin the same without Robert Plant?

I can tell you for a fact that I have firsthand personal knowledge and relations (sic) with the Plant and Bonham families.

But then your answer is apparently still no, so go figure.

Relations with the Plant and Bonham families! Knebby!! You Ho! You go girl! Ahahahhahaha!!

I can tell you for a fact that I have firsthand personal knowledge and relations (sic) with the Plant and Bonham families.

But then your answer is apparently still no, so go figure.

I will diplomatically concede then that I am wrong, since you claim to have personal and ongoing contact with the Plant and Bonham Families.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl_sfZOx-uM

I pose the question at my video blog site. If Led Zeppelin goes on tour without Robert Plant...would you still go and see them live.

Check out the video, subscribe and let me know what you think.

Rock it out!

Sami

Led Zepplin was done in 1980. Led Zepplin is not Led without Jon and it certainly wouldn't be without Robert. Even if they got together which is unlikely your talking about seeing 70 yr old men perform things that they did in thier twenties. It aint the same.

Led Zepplin was done in 1980. Led Zepplin is not Led without Jon and it certainly wouldn't be without Robert. Even if they got together which is unlikely your talking about seeing 70 yr old men perform things that they did in thier twenties. It aint the same.

70? :huh:

Couldn't have said it better myself pinky. Great post! To people here stating that it is not Led Zeppelin without Plant -- have any of you ever heard of ACDC? They switched singers and still bring it! How any Led Zeppelin fan can support Plant trying to control the fate of Led Zeppelin is beyond me. If he doesn't want to continue, so be it -- thats his choice. The other members should be able to replace him and be supported by the Led Zeppelin fans for wanting to carry on the group!

Here Here :drunk:

at last a settlement.

knebby has been on this site for a long long time and has been the fount of much info and has settled many a debate. thank f*ck for that as well as it seems many of the old posters of high repute (evster for one) have left this site, probably because of all the squabbling that goes on here ever since the 02 gig.

there's only a few people left on this site who actually *know* things or who offer valid comments/critism without delving into unnecessary personal attacks or "i know more than you do" stuff. please, lets not f*ck them off

at last a settlement.

knebby has been on this site for a long long time and has been the fount of much info and has settled many a debate. thank f*ck for that as well as it seems many of the old posters of high repute (evster for one) have left this site, probably because of all the squabbling that goes on here ever since the 02 gig.

there's only a few people left on this site who actually *know* things or who offer valid comments/critism without delving into unnecessary personal attacks or "i know more than you do" stuff. please, lets not f*ck them off

Yeah. I miss evster and all the info he brought. I can see why he left I guess.

Oh well, as long as we still have a few people left who have the knowledge and info

that we so desire.

Absolutely NO!..anyone who is a true Led Zepplin fan will testify to his unique voice...there is no replacement for the true thing. If he were to join the tour I would be the first in line for a ticket but without him I can't say I am the least bit interested. They may pull in some of the next generation folks but I seriously doubt that those that have heard the "True Zepplin" would have any interest. Personally I don't care for the music he, Robert, is doing now but to each his own...just not my kind of music. I can say however that "Stairway to Heaven" will be played loud and clear when my time comes!!!!!!!!!!

to be absolutely honest with you folks, I think it is OK to continue as a band without Plant and with ah replacement singer. Bands move along and change, and a change in sound may have some very nice results. They are a different band and very much different people now compared to 30 years ago so let them be.

Absolutely NO!..anyone who is a true Led Zepplin fan will testify to his unique voice...there is no replacement for the true thing. If he were to join the tour I would be the first in line for a ticket but without him I can't say I am the least bit interested. They may pull in some of the next generation folks but I seriously doubt that those that have heard the "True Zepplin" would have any interest. Personally I don't care for the music he, Robert, is doing now but to each his own...just not my kind of music. I can say however that "Stairway to Heaven" will be played loud and clear when my time comes!!!!!!!!!!

I think most everyone agrees that Robert cannot be replaced. But I want to see and hear JP, JPJ and/or RP alone, together, or in any combination. And I'm of the "older" generation who saw the "True Zeppelin."

Maybe it's called 'sense of humor'...... :slapface:

Some of us stopped falling about laughing quite some time ago, now. Just giving another POV.

No skin off my nose, mind. (Heh.) Nothing wrong with a good momento mori.

In fact, just in time for Halloween, for all you amusing skeletal needs:

http://www.boneroom.com/

And for a good cause and, as the website says, "to those of us of dubious distinctive taste:"

http://lacstores.co.la.ca.us/

B)

Happy%20Halloween-1.jpg

at last a settlement.

Excellent points! :thumbsup:

Archived