Is Led Zeppelin the same without Robert Plant?

I've observed over the years that even those men who are gonna be too old very soon live for the next show. Mention the word show and their eyes light up. Show? Show? And they want to know more. Something about the inner workings of the human soul, but it has certainly been my observation, a simple fact of life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl_sfZOx-uM

I pose the question at my video blog site. If Led Zeppelin goes on tour without Robert Plant...would you still go and see them live.

Check out the video, subscribe and let me know what you think.

Rock it out!

Sami

maybe read a few threads before posting another similar thread as many other threads are very similar in topic.

load of drivel, the fact is that they are gonna be too old very soon, the fact of the matter is now (or the next few years) or never. pls don't call it led zeppelin

Sorry, but that's a load of drivel. How old is too old to play the guitar, fercrissakes? BB King is in his 80s and still doing live gigs. Music has nothing to do with age.

It was never going to be the same even after John Bonham died, so obviously it's not the same without Robert Plant.

That said, I will be at any event involving any of the members of Led Zeppelin in a heartbeat. Bring it on!

That question shouldn't even be asked on a Led Zeppelin forum. I thought we were all fans of Zeppelin on this forum, so I don't even know why this question was asked. Of course it isn't Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant. Not even close. He can't be replaced. Face it. None of them can be replaced and that's why there won't be anymore Led Zeppelin. However, Page, Jones and Bonham will probably do an album and tour but it won't be called Led Zeppelin. I will check it out though.

Sorry, but that's a load of drivel. How old is too old to play the guitar, fercrissakes? BB King is in his 80s and still doing live gigs. Music has nothing to do with age.

not too old that they won't be able to play their instruments so much, i meant just too old, look at the rolling stones, the stopped making their best music a long time ago, and every 5 years they tour and make silly amounts of money.

in a few years time page will be seventy, it's get his old band back together time now, or forget about it.

not too old that they won't be able to play their instruments so much, i meant just too old, look at the rolling stones, the stopped making their best music a long time ago, and every 5 years they tour and make silly amounts of money.

in a few years time page will be seventy, it's get his old band back together time now, or forget about it.

If Page, Jones and Jason wanna play hard rock music some more, who are we to tell them that they are too old...jimmy page can be 80 and i'll still pay to see him because he is the guitar god and always will be...and HE'S JIMMY PAGE!! :D

JUST Please dont have dave grohl fill in as the lead singer. great drummer but his voice pisses me off. Great hes a zep freak but i dont like him as a singer. that would ruin it for me. he was initially said to be one of the possible people interviewed for the job.

Led Zeppelin would never be the same w/o Robert Plant but if the band wanted to pick a lead singer anyway to fill in, Randy Jackson of Zebra would be as close as you can get. He lives on LI, NY and plays Zeppelin all the time!!!!! Steel Fender, no one knows more about rock & roll than me!!

Let me break this down to process. You want to know about Led Zeppelin. That consists of ROBERT PLANT, Jimmy Page, JPJ, and origianlly John Bonham, but his son has more than filled his shoes so, Jason Bonham. No Robert, no Zeppelin. That makes it two entirely different things.

You could look at it like this: Hydrogen and oxygen make water. If you take away hydrogen, all you have is oxygen. You can't drink oxygen very well can you? No. If you just have hydrogen, you can really drink that either.

Does that make sense?

Well a band is a collective group of people who play together to make music wether its origional or not so if one or more of the band can no longer fulfill his/her duties to the band then said person is then liable to be replaced. Bonzo died and he was replaced with his son Jason. Robert no longer chooses to sing for them so then he should be replaced. Will it be the same...no, would I see it HELL YEAH!!!

So is it Led Zeppelin, well if what I said is true then it is up to the current band members to decide what they want their bands name to be. If the member(s) no longer included do not want the band to tour with the same name then they can sue like John Densmore suing his former band mates Ray Manzerek and Robby Krieger for using "The Doors of the 21st Century".

Well a band is a collective group of people who play together to make music wether its origional or not so if one or more of the band can no longer fulfill his/her duties to the band then said person is then liable to be replaced. Bonzo died and he was replaced with his son Jason. Robert no longer chooses to sing for them so then he should be replaced. Will it be the same...no, would I see it HELL YEAH!!!

So is it Led Zeppelin, well if what I said is true then it is up to the current band members to decide what they want their bands name to be. If the member(s) no longer included do not want the band to tour with the same name then they can sue like John Densmore suing his former band mates Ray Manzerek and Robby Krieger for using "The Doors of the 21st Century".

Couldn't have said it better myself pinky. Great post! To people here stating that it is not Led Zeppelin without Plant -- have any of you ever heard of ACDC? They switched singers and still bring it! How any Led Zeppelin fan can support Plant trying to control the fate of Led Zeppelin is beyond me. If he doesn't want to continue, so be it -- thats his choice. The other members should be able to replace him and be supported by the Led Zeppelin fans for wanting to carry on the group!

If relationships within the original three members have deteriorated as has been implied on this forum, then they really should not perform together. Period.

That being said, they are not getting any younger. At one time they had to be best mates or they would not have created the music and been arguably the best perfromance band in the history of rock. I would hope that they can repair these relationships and find some peace with each other, even if it does not result in some gigantic world tour. They are getiing too old for bickering and grudges. Just my opinion

Couldn't have said it better myself pinky. Great post! To people here stating that it is not Led Zeppelin without Plant -- have any of you ever heard of ACDC? They switched singers and still bring it! How any Led Zeppelin fan can support Plant trying to control the fate of Led Zeppelin is beyond me. If he doesn't want to continue, so be it -- thats his choice. The other members should be able to replace him and be supported by the Led Zeppelin fans for wanting to carry on the group!

DING DING DING DING........

GAME OVER ...........

LET'S GO ZEPP!!!!!!!!!

How any Led Zeppelin fan can support Plant trying to control the fate of Led Zeppelin is beyond me.

Did you miss his official statement where he said he's not involved and has nothing to do with the fate of the group from now on, other than wishing the others well? :huh:

Their original singer, Bon Scott, was wonderful, may he rest in peace. But, there is no way to ever replace Robert Plant. He is one of a kind.

Actually, the original singer for AC/DC was Dave Evans.

But, yes he is one of a kind and was illustrated on another thread when someone suggested they have two singers, one for acoustic and another for "loud" music.

LED ZEPPPELIN CANNOT POSSIBLY CONTINUE ON AS LED ZEPPELIN WITHOUT ROBERT PLANT AS THEY CHOSE NOT TO CONTINUE ON WITHOUT JOHN BONHAM AFTER HE PASSED OUT OF RESPECT AND LOVE FOR THE FRIEND THEY HAD IN HIM... RESPECT ROBERT PLANT FOR HIS REASONS AND OF HIS CHOICES...HE DID A DIGNIFIED AND INCREDIBLE UNSELFISH ACT OF LOVE AND RESPECT FOR AHMET ERTEGUN TRIBUTE CONCERT BY REFORMING LED ZEPPPELIN FOR THE ONE TIME..

HE IS A CLASS ACT IN EVERY WAY....LED ZEPPELIN IS LED ZEPPPELIN WITH ROBERT ONLY!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl_sfZOx-uM

I pose the question at my video blog site. If Led Zeppelin goes on tour without Robert Plant...would you still go and see them live.

Check out the video, subscribe and let me know what you think.

Rock it out!

Sami

Hell no man . . . Come onnn!!!! Though I haven’t seen your Video yet, but Im sure no meter what’s in it my opinion will remain the same. . . Ill post again as soon as I wathch it, but come on people I only heard it today that Led_Zep is touring without Plant and that there takin Steve Tyler as leader in news and it nearly killed me. . . I even postponed my midterms because of the shock . . . It really hearts me deep inside to know that the greatest band on the land is touring without my favorite voice. I have nothing against Steve but come on people Steve tyler instead of Robert Plant. . . It would have been funny if it wasn’t painful. Led_Zep was thought to be the unbreakable band but that myth just broke into pieces when I heard the news . . . I hate them beacouse of that :(( Led_Zeppelin without Robert Plant is Led_Zeppelin Without LED_ZEPPELIN!!!!!!

are you asking me if i will pay to see jimmy page onstage? are you frigging high?

:)

Seriously...

Is it Led Zeppelin without Plant? Hmmm... not really. Can Page, Jones and Bonham play music without Plant? Hmmm... uh... let me think... errr... YES.

Not even Robert Plant sounds like the Robert Plant of old, and fabulous as Jason is, he isn't John. Fact remains, the defining Zeppelin sound also had a little bit to do with the talents of Page and Jones.

Whatever they call it, it will still have a genuine Zeppelin pedigree.

Pink Floyd says hello.

Along with the Grateful Dead.

Archived