Excuse me Oh would you excuse me?

Dancin'Days

yeah, my boyfriend had put on a black Sabbath CD on and I thought Dio was screaming "son of a dyke"...needles to say he was just asking to turn up the night.

and well there's always the time I thought that "It's the call of the seventh start" was really "it's the sound of the mountain goat".

needless to say my knowledge of Sabbath is slim to none...thank god I speak Zeppelin fluantly.

When I was little I used to sing: Give me a piece of your distant mind. It was really: Give me a piece of your custard pie.

Not sure how I got that, but I did. There are many others but I think that one is just really strange.

lol i got a good one...keep in mind that i don't lie

ok...well...the song is called Kids by the band MGMT (Phenomenal i must say)

here go's

my first interpretation: Enjoy your self...Take only what you need from it. A family from a tree is falling to be haunted.

The Fact: Control yourself...Take only what you need from it. A family of tree's want'n...to be haunt'n.

lol and i havent even experimented with heroin...

House of the Rising Sun--

My version:

Mum put on the black one

Mother put on the drain

The real words:

One foot on the platform

The other foot on the train

And I was a "purple operator" person too. :ph34r:

and well there's always the time I thought that "It's the call of the seventh start" was really "it's the sound of the mountain goat".

But your version actually makes sense, unlike . . . :unsure:

I think I may have posted this somewhere else, but I always thought it was "With a purple operator and a 50-Cent Head," and even though I know that's not what it is, that is still what I hear :bagoverhead:

I hear you on that and I hear that on the song too :lol:

This wasn't my blunder but a mate of mine's mom used to sing Barry Manilow's song "Looks Like We Made It" (honest, it wasn't me ;) ) "looks like tomato" :blink:

Miss You,by The Rolling Stones,I would still swear the first line is "I've been hauling ass along."

Ha! I thought it was "I've been hauling ass alone." Yours makes sense at least (but mine rhymes with "phone" lol). I'm with you, though, there is definitely talk of hauling ass in that line. I have problems with the Stones, which everybody does, but even when it's not Mick I'm still lost. In Gimme Shelter, I thought the lady singing was saying, "Heyyy, all right, yeah, it's just a shot away..." I kinda missed an important piece of the puzzle there. :slapface:

Battle of Evermore's a good one...I thought "I hear the horses' thunder down in the valley below" was "I hear the forces asunder down in the valley below." Uh, what? And "With flames from the dragon of darkness, the sunlight blinds his eyes" became "The bane of the dragon of darkness...the sunlight inclines his eye," which I thought make sort of a cool image of the sun sort of turning to look at the people, but that has nothing to do with the dragon of darkness, oops.

Archived