Jimmy announcement fri april 12 th

poortom

I'm sorry, I just don't understand why do you all think there will be something else on the site today, the gallows pole was an actual "Gallows Pole" and that's it right? (I am really curious, no snark intended).

because there isnt much point in announcing another OTD entry, we know the next day is coming (unless North Korea get involved)

Anyway, back to topic... who else is at work and has one window in his/hers browser on jp.com and pressing f5 every now and then? :))).

What else are you expecting? I already said yesterday there would be no announcement, just a new On This Day.

I'm sorry, I just don't understand why do you all think there will be something else on the site today, the gallows pole was an actual "Gallows Pole" and that's it right? (I am really curious, no snark intended).

You've figured out in 11 posts what it seems to take others 11,000.

What else are you expecting? I already said yesterday there would be no announcement, just a new On This Day.

Shhh, it just makes my day nicer :)).

I dont really know what to expect. I dont expect anything. Just if anyone says there is any possibility of any announcement, I am happy to try and watch out for it :)). You say there is none? Ok, np, as I said, I didnt rly expect anything anyway :).

Shhh, it just makes my day nicer :)).

I dont really know what to expect. I dont expect anything. Just if anyone says there is any possibility of any announcement, I am happy to try and watch out for it :)). You say there is none? Ok, np, as I said, I didnt rly expect anything anyway :).

I see you may question my supreme confidence. :hysterical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhzMUKznZo0

.....to be honest, I just don't think he's really all that motivated any longer. I mean the man has given us 40+ years of music and if he simply wants to take his time and do absolutely nothing for the rest of his life, he should be allowed to do so. Though it does get a little aggravating with all the teasers and promises, but at this point, one can't keep holding his or her breath.

This is really cool! I really hope that he's planning to write about every Zep song, not just his favourites. And that he'll include audio for all the "originals" of the songs that draw on blues stuff. And that he'll go into the stories behind lyrics, not just music. . .

(Easily pleased. Hadn't been getting my hopes up, really).

This "On This Day" definitely sounds like him; "the first white guy to play the twelve-string guitar." :) Still, an interesting read to finally know what such a great song was inspired by!

While I was a little disppointed, I also felt like it was Jimmy's voice this time.

.....to be honest, I just don't think he's really all that motivated any longer. I mean the man has given us 40+ years of music and if he simply wants to take his time and do absolutely nothing for the rest of his life, he should be allowed to do so. Though it does get a little aggravating with all the teasers and promises, but at this point, one can't keep holding his or her breath.

Good point. And if that's the case i wish he would be honest with the fans.

That post on Facebook said nothing about a announcement, and the person that started this thread mislead you. Thats where your 'disappointment' is, not in Mr. Pages' hands.

I started the post because nothing has been put on facebook like this before about Jimmy Page, my intent was not to mislead anybody, i just thought it might be a bit of info.

I'm seeing tour dates and a new album. Oh, wait. That's Eric Clapton. Let me close that browser. Ok, Jimmy Page. Yep. Sweet nothing.

Well if Clapton is the comparison perhaps we should be thankful Jimmy isn't cranking out solo stuff regularly.

Edited to add: but I do wish he would play live half as often as Eric.

i agree that he should be allowed to do whatever he wants.

the only problem i have is that he keeps making promises about new material, new bands, tours .... over and over for years now.

i just don't think it's right of him to say these things if he has no intention of doing them.

now, if he does have the intention, and things keep happening to prevent them, well ....

STZ,

Completely in agreement with you, particularly about him making these promises, and then not delivering. If he said nothing, no one would expect him to do any work at his time in life. I can't see him going on tour at approaching 70 years old - why would he want to be living out a suitcase at that age? If he had any decent new material, he would have released it by now. The best I think we can hope for is if there are any unheard tracks incorporated into the new boxed sets.

i agree that he should be allowed to do whatever he wants.

the only problem i have is that he keeps making promises about new material, new bands, tours .... over and over for years now.

i just don't think it's right of him to say these things if he has no intention of doing them.

now, if he does have the intention, and things keep happening to prevent them, well ....

Re: the whole 'making promises and not keeping them thing' - further thinking makes me believe that the guy must be under a lot of pressure.

Everyone expects him to do something, and with every interview where he's asked about it, the automatic response is "something is in the works".

The weight of everyone's expectations, and his catering to those expectations by making all these promises aren't helping.

Does he feel it's now an obligation to keep the spirit of Zeppelin alive or the pressure to make them more relevant? [because I honestly don't see why he has to stress over it. all the accolades and awards they're receiving now should show that they are always going to be relevant in some shape or form]

So bottom line...what should be his motivation now? What is that extra spark/kick he's looking for? [and if anyone answers this, I'm not looking for the generic answer of 'Plant'] He can't really be that dependent on Robert, can he?

Re: the whole 'making promises and not keeping them thing' - further thinking makes me believe that the guy must be under a lot of pressure.

Everyone expects him to do something, and with every interview where he's asked about it, the automatic response is "something is in the works".

The weight of everyone's expectations, and his catering to those expectations by making all these promises aren't helping.

Does he feel it's now an obligation to keep the spirit of Zeppelin alive or the pressure to make them more relevant? [because I honestly don't see why he has to stress over it. all the accolades and awards they're receiving now should show that they are always going to be relevant in some shape or form]

So bottom line...what should be his motivation now? What is that extra spark/kick he's looking for? [and if anyone answers this, I'm not looking for the generic answer of 'Plant'] He can't really be that dependent on Robert, can he?

i guess none of us know what it is like to walk in their shoes ... who knows what goes on in their day to day lives.

a lot of men jimmys age are retired, but it seems not always the case in artistic circles, such as musos and actors. everyone is different and have different perspectives. i would totally understand if he came out and said that he was retired.

but he doesn't ....

Archived