Remembering John Bonham.

The Globe and Mail [Toronto, Ont] 02 Dec 1981: P.15

I WONDER ...if their is any info on his chopper ? ANYBODY?

Pianos once owned by former Beatles John Lennon and Paul McCartney are among more than 800 items to be sold Dec. 22 in what Sotheby's bills as the world's first rock 'n' roll auction. Sotheby's officials said a guitar owned by George Harrison, records, juke boxes, cars, clothes, autographs, photos and posters are among the articles up for bid.

The Lennon keepsakes include an upright piano he bought in 1970, his marriage certificate to his first wife, Cynthia, a moped, copies of his books and six stage outfits. Lennon was shot to death outside his New York apartment a year ago.

A scarlet Model T custom car once owned by the late John Bonham of Led Zeppelin

, 15 rare tapes made by Jimi Hendrix in 1968 and two busts of Elvis Presley are other items gathered for the sale at Sotheby's Belgravia showrooms.

The Globe and Mail [Toronto, Ont] 02 Dec 1981: P.15

Pianos once owned by former Beatles John Lennon and Paul McCartney are among more than 800 items to be sold Dec. 22 in what Sotheby's bills as the world's first rock 'n' roll auction. Sotheby's officials said a guitar owned by George Harrison, records, juke boxes, cars, clothes, autographs, photos and posters are among the articles up for bid.

The Lennon keepsakes include an upright piano he bought in 1970, his marriage certificate to his first wife, Cynthia, a moped, copies of his books and six stage outfits. Lennon was shot to death outside his New York apartment a year ago.

A scarlet Model T custom car once owned by the late John Bonham of Led Zeppelin

, 15 rare tapes made by Jimi Hendrix in 1968 and two busts of Elvis Presley are other items gathered for the sale at Sotheby's Belgravia showrooms.

• 3 weeks later...

https://music.yahoo.com/news/hear-paul-mccartneys-long-lost-duet-john-bonham-193900798-rolling-stone.html

Rolling-Stone-082245-png_041039.png

By Kory Grow 6 hours ago
1035x729-74283330.jpg

View photo

Hear Paul McCartney's Long-Lost Duet With John Bonham

Paul McCartney has shared a different version of the urgent-sounding, piano-driven Wings at the Speed of Sound tune "Beware My Love" that features Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham behind the kit.

The previously unreleased take of the song, which clocks in at a minute less than the studio version, will appear on the bonus disc of the upcoming deluxe edition of the record and finds Bonzo battering out a propulsive rhythm with intricate filigrees when the song moves to the bridge (and the former Beatle shouts, "Intro!"). McCartney shared the tune via Twitter's new audio card during a Q&A on Twitter in a reply to a fan.

.@raisingbiz Yes indeed! And here’s the world premiere of it featuring John Bonham on drums: http://t.co/K7selVAvaO. #Wings #askPaul

— Paul McCartney (@PaulMcCartney) October 20, 2014

• 6 months later...

Bonzo's Birthday Bash

5/30/2015

http://redditchstandard.co.uk/news/led-zeppelins-john-bonham-remembered-10547/

John “Bonzo” Bonham of Led Zeppelin would be celebrating his 67th birthday at the end of this month.

To mark the occasion, Headless Cross record shop Vintage Trax will be holding a “Bonzo Birthday Bash” on Saturday, May 30, the day before his actual birthday.

“As my shop is just a few yards from where John was born on Birchfield Road, it seems most fitting that his birthday is celebrated here,” said owner, Ros Sidaway, who coincidentally celebrates her birthday on May 31 too.

“We hope Led Zep fans and those who remember John when he was growing up in the area will join us and share their memories of him,” added Ros.

Plans are currently being finalised for the event which will run from 11am to 3pm, and all profits raised from the sale of exclusive button badges and copies of the book “John Bonham – The Powerhouse Behind Led Zeppelin”, written by his late brother, Mick, will go to the John Bonham Memorial Fund.

A new audio visual presentation, “John Bonham Was Here!” will be shown for the first time, along with video footage of John playing drums, and of course, Led Zeppelin music played – on vinyl.

For more details about the event, please see website www.VintageTrax.co.uk or follow on twitter @VintageTrax. For further information on the John Bonham Memorial Fund campaign, go to www.johnbonhammemorialfund.com

Edited by The Rover

• 2 weeks later...

I bet Jimmy is very sad every May 31st. Bonzo was connected telepathically to Jimmy musically, he understood and knew exactly how to execute Jimmy's musical vision. A loss Jimmy has never recovered from.

Happy Birthday Bonzo we all still miss you.

post-1470-0-29051700-1433106804.jpeg

post-1470-0-56849600-1433106829_thumb.jp

post-1470-0-04451000-1433106860.jpg

Not going to babble on like last year...I'll keep it brief.

John Henry Bonham. May 31, 1948 - September 25, 1980. The man who put the 'Hammer' in the Hammer of the Gods.

42 years ago on this night I was fortunate to see Led Zeppelin at the Forum on John Bonham's birthday...the famous "Bonzo's Birthday Party" show. Tonight, I will be seeing Jason Bonham pay tribute to his father at the Greek Theatre. I doubt there will be a dry eye in the house.

I raise a pint of Ballantine's to ye, Bonzo! You're sorely missed, by god.

Edited by Strider

attachicon.gifattachment.jpeg

attachicon.gif3150845_640px.jpg

attachicon.gifc9f18a6bec0a69be70f99e0497d2bf06.jpg

Not going to babble on like last year...I'll keep it brief.

John Henry Bonham. May 31, 1948 - September 25, 1980. The man who put the 'Hammer' in the Hammer of the Gods.

42 years ago on this night I was fortunate to see Led Zeppelin at the Forum on John Bonham's birthday...the famous "Bonzo's Birthday Party" show. Tonight, I will be seeing Jason Bonham pay tribute to his father at the Greek Theatre. I doubt there will be a dry eye in the house.

Vey nice Strider. Going to see Jason Bonham on the day of his fathers birth. Have a great time and let us know if Jason does anything special or what comments that he makes regarding his father.

I'm sure you've all heard it before and it's probably been posted in this thread, but the isolated drum track for Whole Lotta Love is incredible.

Hearing Bonham start yelling around the 3:40 mark is amazing. I'd never noticed while listening to the album, but it's clear as day now that I know what to listen for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtgxe_ientE

Edited by Triplet Sixteenth

In Austin, Tx., in 1974, Bonzo's BD Party was the very first bootleg LP set I ever saw or purchased. I had never seen colored vinyl before !

dc3b7672574feff28c37e94586643178.jpg

Edited by The Rover