What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

^^^All good points and I understand your frustration. I myself have seen people banned that had me scratching me head. I wish I knew the answers, Emily and Patrycja, but I don't. That is why I rarely stray into the religious and political threads.

Who knows...maybe SAJ is an alter ego of one of the mods? It does strike me that SAJ is performing...that his posts are purposely inflammatory to inspire a reaction and create traffic for the site. If you look at the high-volume threads, many of them are SAJ threads.

And he is everywhere at seemingly all times. How does one person have all that time to post? But if he was an alter ego of the mods, then one person could take the day shift, another the swing shift, and another the graveyard shift.

Purely harmless conjecture on my part. No offense meant to Sam and the mods.

Well put, stz. That is the exact issue that I and a friend of mine (who used to post on these forums but who left because of this issue), were lamenting about. It is easy to ignore the racist musings of some, with the handy little "ignore" button but when it comes to hypocrisy and preferential treatment where some 'elite' posters (who were obviously way more offensive than some others, with a blatant disregard for forum guidelines) escape banning, while others suffer unfairly, now that is a bitter pill to swallow.

Just wanted to put in my two cents as this is an ongoing issue for which no clear explanation has been made. The forum guidelines should apply fairly to everyone, and while discretion is up to the mods, the extent of leniency towards SAJ as opposed to others seems puzzling. I disagree with Strider's 'devil you know' argument simply because if a poster establishes a reputation, warnings or bans affect it; that's the online cost, one which some pay and others don't.

People should also be mindful of 'new' members supposedly being against established ones. It's used often by the very members as a way to befriend online enemies and extract info from them via PM and whatnot. Also, the ignore feature is fine for people who have been on here for a while and have an understanding of how things work, but that's not the case for newer members. Besides, the ignore feature does not address the underlying issue; rather, it's a way around it.

I know five really good members personally who have chosen to leave this site for the very reasons outlined here. There are many others on a growing list. We may never know the answer why certain breaches are tolerated considering we are bound by the the rules others establish, and that's our choice. I just wish those binds weren't so tight on some posters, and so loose on others.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I can safely speak for my friend, when I say that she and I have spent a couple of emails pondering on why some members here are given elitist treatment. Perhaps their connections to the band are so deep, (what with being able to solve any Led Zeppelin mystery under the sun :rolleyes:) that the higher authorities around here, firmly believe that such members are way too precious to lose, while other 'offenders' are just 'ordinary' with nothing juicy to offer on the band and are hence sent to the cooler for weeks or perhaps a lifetime, depending on the instructions received from the 'verbally injured' elitist member! :rolleyes: Ignoring it as you very rightly pointed out, isn't going to solve anything. It just evades the issue at hand. I have a very bad feeling that such elitism is going to continue for as long as this forum continues to exist and unfortunately, none of us can do anything to stop it! *Sigh! :(

I hope I haven't offended anyone with this post, especially the elite! The thing is, I have the habit of calling it as I see it. Sorry. <_<

^^^All good points and I understand your frustration. I myself have seen people banned that had me scratching me head. I wish I knew the answers, Emily and Patrycja, but I don't. That is why I rarely stray into the religious and political threads.

Who knows...maybe SAJ is an alter ego of one of the mods? It does strike me that SAJ is performing...that his posts are purposely inflammatory to inspire a reaction and create traffic for the site. If you look at the high-volume threads, many of them are SAJ threads.

And he is everywhere at seemingly all times. How does one person have all that time to post? But if he was an alter ego of the mods, then one person could take the day shift, another the swing shift, and another the graveyard shift.

I agree with all of this. :)

strider, I have pondered that also, but remember not so long ago that Sam posted that SAJ had NO connection with the band? and SAJ announced he was so offended and that he left the board? ( for about one day, LOL )

I suppose that could all be fake, too though.....

I agree with all of this. :)

strider, I have pondered that also, but remember not so long ago that Sam posted that SAJ had NO connection with the band? and SAJ announced he was so offended and that he left the board? ( for about one day, LOL )

I suppose that could all be fake, too though.....

Good memory, Jules! I had forgotten about that. :slapface:

That thought crossed my mind too, Strider, but then why befriend mutual Facebook friends? Has no effect on traffic here...

Anyway, that would be a rather sad attempt to generate interest, if true... hard to believe; I don't see the powers that be stooping this way.

Did anyone visit Jonesy's forum when it was up? It didn't get much traffic, but I don't think that's the reason it got taken down...

That thought crossed my mind too, Strider, but then why befriend mutual Facebook friends? Has no effect on traffic here...

Anyway, that would be a rather sad attempt to generate interest, if true... hard to believe; I don't see the powers that be stooping this way.

Did anyone visit Jonesy's forum when it was up? It didn't get much traffic, but I don't think that's the reason it got taken down...

I didn't even know one existed. Could you sum up what the issue(s) was?

Good memory, Jules! I had forgotten about that. :slapface:

my memory isn't great, but I do tend to remember stuff like that....

Jonesys forum? as in JPJ, or SAJ?

I didn't even know one existed. Could you sum up what the issue(s) was?

me neither....

my memory isn't great, but I do tend to remember stuff like that....

Jonesys forum? as in JPJ, or SAJ?

me neither....

Lol, J, I mean JPJ of course. At one point, EVERY thread in certain section(s) was started by one poster. Really off-putting... Then the forum got closed.

Awwwww..."Maria" is leaving "Sesame Street" after 45 years.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/07/02/44-years-after-first-singing-one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-others-the-beloved-maria-bids-farewell-to-sesame-street/

I watched as a kid with my younger sisters...then the younger brothers...then my godson...then my nieces...and most recently with my nephew. It's been a constant comfort throughout my life to see Maria, Louis, Susan, Gordon, Mr. Hooper (before he passed away), Bob, along with all the Muppets with each succeeding generation of kids.

I'll miss her. 'A' is for "Adios Maria!"

post-1470-0-88719100-1436286877_thumb.jp

Edited by Strider

Awwwww..."Maria" is leaving "Sesame Street" after 45 years.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/07/02/44-years-after-first-singing-one-of-these-things-is-not-like-the-others-the-beloved-maria-bids-farewell-to-sesame-street/

I watched as a kid with my younger sisters...then the younger brothers...then my godson...then my nieces...and most recently with my nephew. It's been a constant comfort throughout my life to see Maria, Louis, Susan, Gordon, Mr. Hooper (before he passed away), Bob, along with all the Muppets with each succeeding generation of kids.

I'll miss her. 'A' is for "Adios Maria!"

attachicon.gif1531631_10207132057482857_8851670592062348368_n.jpg

That even made the news down here.

Wow, I can remember watching SS from a very young age, loved it! How long has it been running now?

Grover was my fave, and Ernie. and Bert. and Oscar......

Here in these lLowlands, we also have Sesame Street, but off course with some different characters.

Other characters are the same, like Bert and Ernie, Grover, the cookie monster, Oscar and Elmo.

Lol! There are still plenty of dutch comedians who from time to time like to do their very best Bert & Ernie impressions......

Over here Big Bird is blue and is called Pino.

We also have a dog and mouse character, the dog is called Tommy and the mouse is called Ieniemienie (never mind, don't even try to pronounce that......).

post-28467-0-82314000-1436359167_thumb.j

post-28467-0-56580900-1436359909_thumb.j

post-28467-0-96414100-1436359910.jpg

Edited by Maaike Roeleveld

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...