What Made You Un-Happy Today ?

The Rover

2 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Further to my Happy post earlier today, the neighbours have come back :(:Thinking:Something has happened. They were supposed to be Wales until Saturday :Thinking:Got the wrong date ????:blink: No doubt we will find out. I mean they are weird :wacko:

Bad news man, it's a drag when pleasantries are pooped but I'd take weird  over the unpleasant WPC spinster next door to me. Well divorcee actually, she was alright (sort of) until her rather short three month marriage.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

It's been a real ordeal trying to get a new "affordable" pair of glasses, but hopefully my appointment with the optometrist Friday won't get cancelled like yesterday's did....

<_<

Good luck Paul!  Last year, my glasses went from "affordable" to "really expensive".  I'm dreading going for my exam in a couple of months because I know I'll probably need new ones, so there goes a few hundred more dollars.  But - better than being blind.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

All the bay area people (and SoCal I suppose) who have slowly come into Sac over the past decade - and since Covid hit, the migration has exploded. I no longer recognize Sacramento. It's really sad. I moved here many years ago (to get AWAY from bay area people, ironically enough), and it was such a great place for too many reasons to go into. It felt like home.

This place used to have a killer vibe and earned it's friendly "midwest of California" title. Now, it's lots of atrocious drivers, antisocial or downright rude people, or people with the personality of an eggplant, personal and property crime has skyrocketed.. just lots of fail all over the place. 

What made me go on here to post is the drivers. This used to be a very relaxed place to live. Now, I'm seeing shit on the road I have NEVER seen in my life. 6 cars in a row all tailgating each other at 70 mph ... that's a very common thing to see out here now. The level of stupidity is mind-numbing. I wish all these people (we are talking tens of thousands of them) would fuck off back to wherever they came from, but I know that's wishful thinking. The town is broken, and it will never be the same again. Ok, rant over.

On a positive note, The Real Pie Company is doing better than ever. Only place in town that makes REAL key lime pie (and lots of other good ones), and damn is it good. 

22 hours ago, chillumpuffer said:

Covid booster jab. Rough as fuck

Sorry to hear that brotha. Junior is getting his today and Mrs. W on Sunday. I was on the couch for most of the weekend after getting mine a couple of weeks ago. Of course it didn't help getting shit faced the Friday night I had the jab.... 😛 

Hope you feel better soon. :peace: 

2 hours ago, Walter said:

Sorry to hear that brotha. Junior is getting his today and Mrs. W on Sunday. I was on the couch for most of the weekend after getting mine a couple of weeks ago. Of course it didn't help getting shit faced the Friday night I had the jab.... 😛 

Hope you feel better soon. :peace: 

Thanks man.

Didn't touch anything on the night of the jab. A few para's for the head that's all.

Feel good now though. Mrs CP out with the girls so I had dinner solo. Nice joint of green and a good Rioja has hit the spot. 

Currently suffering from a pinched nerve in my left arm. Bastard's been hurting for a month now. Also, pain, numbness and tingling in my forearm and 2 fingers. Just started going to a physical therapist and the prescribed drugs are really no help with the pain. It's a bitch, believe me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2021 at 11:07 PM, redrum said:

I've come to the point where I hate the fuckin news. I deleted my news app from my phone, I change the radio station when it comes on, and I'm glad I don't have cable TV anymore. I really hate the fucking news. 

Good for you. The msm "news" outlets we have are all bought and paid for, designed to elicit an emotional response and further a viewpoint, depending on which corporate interest has paid for said outlet. I was just talking about this the other day. The vitriolic anger some people have in our country, the myopic refusal to be open-minded or consider other viewpoints ...it's all fueled by media. Creating camps is good for business, it's as simple as that.

There is some hope, though. You can read headlines/articles and still parse some basic info from it, and there are outlets on youtube and across the web that aren't biased that will present information in an unbiased manner You just gotta seek them out.  

• 4 weeks later...

I've been looking at new trucks.  How depressing.  I want a car payment, not a house payment.  I've had 4 Chevy pickups in 32 years, and not one of the mechanisms on my tailgates has lasted more than 4 years before malfunctioning in some form.  When they show those commercials with the fancy folding GM tailgates, it just makes me chuckle.  Nothing but more unnecessary garbage that's going to break.

On 1/26/2022 at 12:54 PM, paul carruthers said:

Seeing how the show "Skip and Shannon Undisputed" has turned into the Dallas Cowboys and Antonio Brown news cycle recently...  :rolleyes:

Skip Bayless has a bigger hard-on for the Cowboys than Jerry Jones probably has. In his mind, they can do no wrong. Dak Prescott could throw 10 interceptions and visibly shit himself on the 50-yard line, but he'd find a way to blame the opposing team for it. Or the stadium. Or whether Mercury was in retrograde. I don't know why Shannon Sharpe hasn't just snapped and slugged him by now.

On 1/26/2022 at 12:54 PM, paul carruthers said:

Seeing how the show "Skip and Shannon Undisputed" has turned into the Dallas Cowboys and Antonio Brown news cycle recently...  :rolleyes:

I don’t know how you can even watch that show. Skip Bayless was unbearable back in the 90’s when I first saw him the Sunday “Sports Reporters” show. 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

I don’t know how you can even watch that show. Skip Bayless was unbearable back in the 90’s when I first saw him the Sunday “Sports Reporters” show. 

This!!  It pains me that Rick Bayless has to acknowledge that Skip is his brother.  Blech. 

Well, perhaps "pains me" is a bit of hyperbole.  Rick is talented.  Skip is not. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Electrophile said:

RIP Laptop, may you be mourned well. Last February, my MacBook finally died after 10 years of loving service, and I shit you not, I cried for about a couple of hours.

Did you really? 😂 How come?? I feel like there's a story there lol. Well, 10 years is an impressive run. I don't think I've ever had a laptop or PC that long ... but that's the goal! As long as the system is effective and safe from a security perspective, keep that bad boy (or girl if you like) runnin!