Relationship Status Update

Hotplant

Well, I can tell you that sometimes things DO get so awful that you have to break up. My husband and I somehow managed to be married for 13 years... and there is no question in my mind (or his) that we needed to split up. If we hadn't, I'm pretty sure that one or both of us would be dead by now... and I'm not exaggerating to make a point.

I'm also pretty sure that neither of us fucks animals, kills children, or boils puppies. Sometimes people do have to break up when it's not due to a lack of trying to work it out or getting over it. Sometimes, it has to happen despite all that.

Same thing for me with my first wife! We actually get along fine now, partly because I married a goddess that made me completely forget my first marriage! The first one was pretty bad, but i learned from it and am a better mate to my current wife. Life is pretty great! :D

Great story, MSG! Love it.

Well, sometimes you bitch at or complain about the person you're closest to as a way to blow off steam, because it's safe. (Well, as long as it IS safe, if you know what I mean.) If you didn't care about them and have a lot invested, they wouldn't bug you. And who can beat make-up sex? :D But real unhappiness should not be abided, for sure.

I am blessed to be able to say I also have a wonderful, long standing relationship with a deeply decent, gentle man. Met my honey & best friend in December, 1980. I used to go braless then, and he tought I'd put out. :D (Uh, the 70's are over, dude... ;) ) He was a cook and I was a waitress in a little Italian joint; once we hooked up, we'd make out in the walk-in, the only private spot. Still laugh about that; ahh, young lust love...

We moved in together summer, 1981, and have been together ever since. Tied the knot in 1991; I guess by then we figured we were on to something! 28 years and he still makes me laugh every day, can't ask for more.

I'm hoping two single Zep heads meet on this thread and the same thing happens for them...

Go with your head not your heart. Going with your heart will get you into trouble. Your heart does not know common sense. Your heart will just get you into trouble and you will end up with people who you may love but who are not good for you.

Go with your head not your heart. Going with your heart will get you into trouble. Your heart does not know common sense. Your heart will just get you into trouble and you will end up with people who you may love but who are not good for you.

You almost make it sound as if your head did...

Great story, MSG! Love it.

Well, sometimes you bitch at or complain about the person you're closest to as a way to blow off steam, because it's safe. (Well, as long as it IS safe, if you know what I mean.) If you didn't care about them and have a lot invested, they wouldn't bug you. And who can beat make-up sex? :D But real unhappiness should not be abided, for sure.

I am blessed to be able to say I also have a wonderful, long standing relationship with a deeply decent, gentle man. Met my honey & best friend in December, 1980. I used to go braless then, and he tought I'd put out. :D (Uh, the 70's are over, dude... ;) ) He was a cook and I was a waitress in a little Italian joint; once we hooked up, we'd make out in the walk-in, the only private spot. Still laugh about that; ahh, young lust love...

We moved in together summer, 1981, and have been together ever since. Tied the knot in 1991; I guess by then we figured we were on to something! 28 years and he still makes me laugh every day, can't ask for more.

I'm hoping two single Zep heads meet on this thread and the same thing happens for them...

Great story, SunChild.

At least two single Zep heads have already met on this board. Or in the old one, I mean.

It does. If i went with my heart god knows where i would be right now.

Honestly Spats, with that negative outlook on love and relationships, no wonder you're not successful in that aspect of your life.

Try being more positive and quit being so hell bent on being miserable. You might just scare off the "right girl" with all that love-loathing attitude you cling so desparately to.

Honestly Spats, with that negative outlook on love and relationships, no wonder you're not successful in that aspect of your life.

Try being more positive and quit being so hell bent on being miserable. You might just scare off the "right girl" with all that love-loathing attitude you cling so desparately to.

I try and be positive. I guess experience has formed my views and the way i do things. I guess i am what they call "jaded". Past experiences can take a toll on you and participating in the dating scene can give you a real negative attitude on this stuff.

I know of two couples that have met and become very serious...on the old board.

I know three couples who hooked from getting to know each other online. I don't know how they do it. Two of the people actually moved to where the other person lives! I can't believe it. I don't think i could pull that off. Hell, i have never met anyone in person that i have first chatted with online.