I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

We should! It's nice to go there with other young people, too, cuz it's kinda awkward to see a movie when everyone else there is at least 35 years older than you. :P

I think The Other Boleyn Girl is playing there. We should go! Eric Bana's in it. What else do you need? I could block out the audio and just look... a lot.

Yes! I want to see The Other Boleyn Girl badly! I keeps saying I'm going to read the book, but after what Allison said abou the book, I'm not so sure... LOL

PM me, and we'll make a date.

I rented "Elizabeth the Golden Age".....I thought it was excellent.

I almost bought that last night--I'm glad to hear it was good. Perhaps I WILL buy it next time I'm at the store.

Last movie I saw was Into The Wild....all I can say is, wow. :thumbsup:

I bought the DVD last night. I read the book, which was wonderful, so I had high expectations for the movie.

It lived up to them.

I also bought The Tudors on DVD last night. Haven't even opened it up yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Yes! I want to see The Other Boleyn Girl badly! I keeps saying I'm going to read the book, but after what Allison said abou the book, I'm not so sure... LOL

PM me, and we'll make a date.

I saw that today! It was pretty good. Even though I knew the history behind it, I kept hoping that everyone would live happily ever after in the end!

P10878358.jpg

Second time watching this one. Funny how they're depicted holding hands in the above photo but that never happened (at least that I noticed) in the movie. It's also a bit strange that some of the other covers to the DVD I found online didn't show them holding hands at all.

79d9_2.JPG

Saw this over the weekend at a local Imax theatre. Quite the experience considering I don't think I've ever seen a 3-D movie before. I think I may have seen Jaws 3-D when it was shown on TV but obviously it wasn't very memorable. The U2 concert film was also my first experience with Imax. It took a little getting used to but once I adjusted to it I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. Considering the cost of tickets, it may also be as close as I ever get to seeing U2 in concert. Too bad they didn't let us keep the Bono glasses.

• 2 weeks later...

51QpwfZx7XL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The Vincent Moon directed 6 Days documentary that comes with the CD/DVD version of R.E.M.'s Accelerate. It tells the story of the album from the Dublin "working rehearsals" up until the actual recording of the record when newer songs such as Hollow Man and Sing for the Submarine entered the picture. A must.

Am i the only once that's noticed that there isn't much to see at the theatres right now?? I can't get enthused to see anything out there. But a rep cinema here is gonna be showing Monterey Pop and Jimi Hendrix at the Isle of Wight on the big screen. I am looking forward to that.

Am i the only once that's noticed that there isn't much to see at the theatres right now?? I can't get enthused to see anything out there. But a rep cinema here is gonna be showing Monterey Pop and Jimi Hendrix at the Isle of Wight on the big screen. I am looking forward to that.

I hear you man. Most of the Hollywood crap is just that.

If I was rich I'd open my own theater and show nothing but classics.

'Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up now!'

B)

Last week, I watched Tyler Perry's Why Did I get Married? and Game Plan with the Rock. :lol:

I bawled in both! I told my sister she wasn't allowed to pick movies anymore.

Last weekend, I watched Elizabeth and Elizabeth: The Golden Age.

On Wednesday, I watched In Bruges at the movie theater with BonzoEqualsGoodStuff.

• 2 weeks later...
Last week, I watched Tyler Perry's Why Did I get Married? and Game Plan with the Rock. :lol:

I bawled in both! I told my sister she wasn't allowed to pick movies anymore.

Last weekend, I watched Elizabeth and Elizabeth: The Golden Age.

On Wednesday, I watched In Bruges at the movie theater with BonzoEqualsGoodStuff.

I saw the Gameplan and was surprised that i liked it. The Elvis related stuff helped and The Rock is a good comedic actor.