I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

I've been watching the orginal "Ocean's 11" and can't get Sammy Davis Jr. singing out of my head "Eee-O-11"

Sammy ruled the world in "Porgy and Bess". Why the F ain't that one aired any more? "It ain't necessarily so..."

Sammy ruled the world in "Porgy and Bess". Why the F ain't that one aired any more? "It ain't necessarily so..."

I would love that to come out on DVD. I have always wanted to see that. Dorothy Danridge is supposed to be awesome in that.

I'll bet some say it's racist. No, it's reality. It's so real, you can taste the dirt in the streets. Poor crippled Porgy gets around by having a goat pulling him on a dolly. Some parts are uplifting, and other parts are damn scary. When they bring an accused murderer to view his dead victim, the people out in the street said "If his eyes bleed, he's guilty".

Saw "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". it was pretty funny. Although it's one of these Seth rogen type movies where the lead guy is very average looking, goofy, a slob, out of shape, and yet he is banging pretty women. This doesn't happen in real life unless the guy is rich.

It is a funny movie though. Good time waster. Me and my buddies were laughing harder than we have laughed at a movie in awhile.

Saw "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". it was pretty funny. Although it's one of these Seth rogen type movies where the lead guy is very average looking, goofy, a slob, out of shape, and yet he is banging pretty women. This doesn't happen in real life unless the guy is rich.

It is a funny movie though. Good time waster. Me and my buddies were laughing harder than we have laughed at a movie in awhile.

Really? You laughed in it?

I thought it was such a yawn...

The funniest movie I ever saw was Borat. It's the only film where I have actually, literally, fallen off my chair with laughter.

^ Was Blood and Sand on TV? I've been wanting to see that and The Sheik for a while now.

I watched Touchez pas au Grisbi today. It's a French gangster film from 1954 with Jean Gabin in it. He's so cool. We watched Pépé le Moko in my French class a couple of months ago (it's a really good movie, too), and I got hooked. He's got the same sort of quiet-but-dangerous demeanor as Robert De Niro, but with more charm. Now I really want to see La Grande Illusion - Gabin with Jean Renoir directing, there's a pair for you!

^ Was Blood and Sand on TV? I've been wanting to see that and The Sheik for a while now.

No, I got it at our library on DVD. Lots of extras too and his funeral was amazing with all the people.

But the film was great with great music and the sepia tone is a nice touch.

I watched Touchez pas au Grisbi today. It's a French gangster film from 1954 with Jean Gabin in it. He's so cool. We watched Pépé le Moko in my French class a couple of months ago (it's a really good movie, too), and I got hooked. He's got the same sort of quiet-but-dangerous demeanor as Robert De Niro, but with more charm. Now I really want to see La Grande Illusion - Gabin with Jean Renoir directing, there's a pair for you!

I think I prefer foreign films over most of the junk from Hollywood these days. :D

I saw Indiana Jones while in the UK (first movie I'd actually seen in a cinema for about a year), and although I didn't think it was as good as the previous ones in the series, the fact that Harrison Ford was 65 and still kicking major ass gave me the warm fuzzies. :)

Tell me more! Is it as bad as the reviews say?

Im interested in seeing it, out of sheer curiosity, but not sure I want to spend 12 bucks to do so.

Well, it was confusing and some of it didn't make sense. I think if you like seeing death scenes, you can dig the movie for that, but other than that, there isn't a huge twist. More like a message.

I have an amusin story to tell...

Well actually it's a story about cinematic stupidity...

Something I've never done before, and at the same time feel very stupid for having done it but also mysteriously proud...

I went with a femal friend of mine to the movies, and she wanted to see Sex & The City, I said "alright" despite the fact I didn't give a shit about the show, but anyway I said we'd go and see it.

We bought tickets for the 9.15pm session, we're down at the multiplex, we buy the popcorn and the over-sized over-priced frozen Cokes at the candy bar, so we head in the direction of the cinemas...

On the dispay board outside Cinema No. 2 It says 'Sex In The City' so we went in, but the movie had already started, I turned to my friend and said "hmm, that's funny, normally there's 15 minutes of previews..."

anyway we settled in to the movie, and as I'm watching it I'm thinking "boy, this film must be a continuation of the TV series, I have no idea what's going on..."

Anyway after we'd been in there for about 50 minutes, the movie ends! We turned to each other and said "shit, is that it?? A 50 minute movie??" we thought something must've gone wrong, maybe they missed a film reel... anyway we left the cinema and went back to the counter to find a staff member to ask what went wrong and why did we pay full price for a 50 minute movie....

It was then to my utter shock and horror I realised something...

Cinema No. 8, thirty metres down the hall-way was also showing Sex & The City...the fucking 9.15 session we bought tickets for! We'd accidently walked into the 7.45 session, and consequently sat down over half-way through the movie...The wrong bloody theatre! aie aie aie I've never done that before. It was because I was lumped with holding all the popcorn and drinks, so I never had a chance to look at our ticket stubs for the cinema number! (we weren't directed to our cinema either because there was nobody on ticket-ripping directing duties...) I stupidly went for just what was written out the front...

Oh well. I still think Sarah Jessica Parker looks like a man...

And how is it these over-sex New York women who never seem to do anything for a job, all live in Upper East Side apartments that would probably cost three or four million?

Last movies I saw: Juno, Ed Wood and Sweeney Todd. All great!

I've just finished watching Prison Break (all 3 seasons) and I'm currently watching Lost. And can't get enough. I love this kind of series and if you guys can recommend me some similar ones it would be great.

And I've started watching Seinfeld as well. Watched 3 seasons, 6 to go.