I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

• 2 weeks later...

Good Evening:

Recently I saw JUMPER

I didn't like it...the fast moving filming technique was too hard on my eyes...

There was just too much of everything...shots from above.....below......fighting scenes.....cheesy lovey dovey scenes...

J

Edited by Juliet

Those little goblins were pretty freaky!

I think I'm going to have to check out the kids' section of Barnes and Noble for the books now... LOL

Hey! It's professional development! I need to be up-to-date on children's literature, don't I?

Manders and Hermit,

Took my 9-year old to Spiderwick last weekend. The other night she starts building this little house out cardboard. Last night she asks me if we have any honey -- LOL -- it's all starting to make sense now. Isn't it great they have such vivid imaginations :D

Good Evening:

Recently I saw JUMPER

I didn't like it...the fast moving filming technique was too hard on my eyes...

There was just too much of everything...shots from above.....below......fighting scenes.....cheesy lovey dovey scenes...

J

Jumper was awful. Hayden Christiansen can't act to save his life.

This movie was a a headache to get made as well. The original cast did not even include Sam Jackson, Hayden or Rachel Bilson. It included a some fairly well unknown actors. Tehresa Palmer was one. They had filmed for a couple weeks to a month when the producers got involved because the movie was costing a lot to make and the leads weren't big enough to bring in big audiences. So after about a month of filming they replaced most of the cast and had to start over again.

I went and saw In Bruges this afternoon. I ended up going by myself because my friends have deplorable taste in films and would rather drool over Will Ferrell movies, but it was great! It's probably the most wonderfully depressing dark comedy I've ever seen. Ralph Fiennes scared the crap out of me but in a good way, and I've decided that Colin Farrell really should do more comedy. He's a genius with his deliveries. Stop starring in remakes of crappy 80s cop shows and do more of this stuff!

My favorite exchange was the following:

"Do you think this is good?"

"What?"

"This. Going around in a boat... looking at stuff?"

"It's called sightseeing."

Dracula AD 1972. Groovy. :hippy::lol: I'm teaching Dracula this week, so am watching as many of the film versions as I can.

Has anyone seen The Other Boleyn Girl yet? I thought the novel was not very well-written and the trailers looked rather awful, but I love Eric Bana, so am considering it.

Has anyone seen The Other Boleyn Girl yet? I thought the novel was not very well-written and the trailers looked rather awful, but I love Eric Bana, so am considering it.

See it for cheap. I saw it, and hate to say I slightly enjoyed it. Not for historical accuracy, and not for the acting, neither was that impressive. I just liked looking at it I suppose, costumes, etc.

See it for cheap. I saw it, and hate to say I slightly enjoyed it. Not for historical accuracy, and not for the acting, neither was that impressive. I just liked looking at it I suppose, costumes, etc.

Yeah, that's pretty much why I'd see it--thanks! Cannot wait for the next season of The Tudors!

Manders and Hermit,

Took my 9-year old to Spiderwick last weekend. The other night she starts building this little house out cardboard. Last night she asks me if we have any honey -- LOL -- it's all starting to make sense now. Isn't it great they have such vivid imaginations :D

Oh, I love kids! Aren't they just cute as hell?

After we saw that movie, Dave got peeved at me, and I said, "Oh no! We're out of beer! Perhaps honey will placate you?" He stopped being mad, and started laughing. :P

I went and saw In Bruges this afternoon. I ended up going by myself because my friends have deplorable taste in films and would rather drool over Will Ferrell movies, but it was great! It's probably the most wonderfully depressing dark comedy I've ever seen. Ralph Fiennes scared the crap out of me but in a good way, and I've decided that Colin Farrell really should do more comedy. He's a genius with his deliveries. Stop starring in remakes of crappy 80s cop shows and do more of this stuff!

My favorite exchange was the following:

"Do you think this is good?"

"What?"

"This. Going around in a boat... looking at stuff?"

"It's called sightseeing."

We should make more movie dates. I have weekends off now, yanno.

I liked The Flicks, too.

I saw "Le scaphandre et le papillon" (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly) at the movies the other night, it was a quite a good movie. I didn't realise Max von Sydow was in it, I never knew he spoke French, I kept thinking "wow, this old guy is just brilliant" and then afterwards I realised it was him. He really is a great actor.

I saw Semi Pro on Monday. It was dissapointing, it's the worst movie Will Ferrel has made so far.

Which isn't saying much considering how bad most of that guys films are. He shouldn't be allowed to make them anymore. :o

We should make more movie dates. I have weekends off now, yanno.

I liked The Flicks, too.

We should! It's nice to go there with other young people, too, cuz it's kinda awkward to see a movie when everyone else there is at least 35 years older than you. :P

I think The Other Boleyn Girl is playing there. We should go! Eric Bana's in it. What else do you need? I could block out the audio and just look... a lot.

I rented "Elizabeth the Golden Age".....I thought it was excellent.

"The Shooter" with Mark Wahlberg.....better than i expected. Finally saw "4 Brothers" also. Hot damn !, what an excellent, yet out of place Motown soundtrack.

Finally watched No Country For Old Men.

pffft.

What a solid, suspenseful film..

too bad the ending tanked tremendously.

While I can see why Javier Bardem got the Oscar (He derserves it), I cannot see this as a superior film to either There Will Be Blood or Into the Wild.