Led Zeppelin Photo Mysteries

SteveAJones

Now I posted this pic yeeeears ago on here for an opinion, and all I recall was a teeny bit of contention. I don't remember if anyone had a definitive answer.

szx0cm.jpg

I found this pic in a stack of unorganized Zeppelin clippings that I got from... Argentina, I think. The caption's long gone, but it was in Spanish and definitely indicated that it was Jimmy Page. I have a hard time believing it, though. This gentleman seems to have an impressive overbite, which I've never noticed in regards to Jimmy.

Anybody know anything? huh.gif

He looks alot like the original bass player for the Yardbirds Paul Samwell-Smith.

A-150-274221-1193778875.jpeg

paul_samwell_smith.jpg

thumb260.jpg

Now I posted this pic yeeeears ago on here for an opinion, and all I recall was a teeny bit of contention. I don't remember if anyone had a definitive answer.

szx0cm.jpg

I found this pic in a stack of unorganized Zeppelin clippings that I got from... Argentina, I think. The caption's long gone, but it was in Spanish and definitely indicated that it was Jimmy Page. I have a hard time believing it, though. This gentleman seems to have an impressive overbite, which I've never noticed in regards to Jimmy.

Anybody know anything? huh.gif

Well, he's in a couple of the 65' vids of the Yardbirds, here's one from Shindig 65':

Specifically at 1'00 he can be seen being zommed in on.

tumblr_ldn2hjR1gX1qd7t9go1_400.jpg

Also what the hell..

FWIW, I think the little guy in front is probably one of the cartoon characters used to advertise flour (Homepride?) in the UK in the 70s. For some reason, they chose a bunch of bowler-hatted businessmen to depict the sterotypical housewife's ideal 'little helpers'. Nowadays of course, it would be a bunch of loin-clothed sex slaves...

I know that the Brussels shows in '75 were the last time he wore those pants, but I have never seen the jacket or scarf before. I would love more information.

264437_139060396168197_116414478432789_275623_7200677_n-1.jpg

I strongly suspect it's from the opening set in Brussels. Definitely a '75 shot as Bonham is wearing his black "Clockwork Orange" derby.

I strongly suspect it's from the opening set in Brussels. Definitely a '75 shot as Bonham is wearing his black "Clockwork Orange" derby.

That was my first thought, but it had a sort of 1980 feel too. But the pants and Bonzo sort make it easier. Thanks.

I know this is 71', any Idea where?

I'm sure someone with the answer will be along, but my guess is somewhere in Europe, because it was taken by Wolfgang Heilemann. (His nickname is "Bubi," which is pretty appropriate since he was the one who gave us that shot of Robert with the topless girl on his lap. Heavens!)

http://www.rockfoto....=l&interpret=37

2zjkzyx.jpg

jk7xph.jpg

I also attached a big Jimmy pic, cuz it was too big to post. All probably the same place/time. Hopefully someone'll enlighten us both to the exact date. :)

post-17597-0-02212800-1310017327_thumb.j

Thanks Stairway! I love looking at Jimmy in preppie clothes when he was a Yardbird. He was so young and seemed so "innocent". Does anyone know when and where the photo was taken?

I am not sure where, but it's 1966. I love pictures of Jimmy from the Yardbirds too.

Edited by aen27

Awesome picture, I have always loved the non stage pictures for some reason, and these are way cool, thanks!

I'm sure someone with the answer will be along, but my guess is somewhere in Europe, because it was taken by Wolfgang Heilemann. (His nickname is "Bubi," which is pretty appropriate since he was the one who gave us that shot of Robert with the topless girl on his lap. Heavens!)

http://www.rockfoto....=l&interpret=37

2zjkzyx.jpg

jk7xph.jpg

I also attached a big Jimmy pic, cuz it was too big to post. All probably the same place/time. Hopefully someone'll enlighten us both to the exact date. :)

I know this picture is from Tous En Scene Paris France 6/19, but Jimmy isn't wearing his pink velvet jacket and JPJ isn't wearing his white pants, so I'm guessing this might have been at the soundcheck, but I'm not sure:

lz19690619_11.jpg

Edited by LedZep342

I think this pic could be from another show besides Pontiac or Seattle 1977. This pic was in one of my old Zoso fanzine's and it didn't list what show it was from. But in all the pics I have seen from Pontiac and Seattle I have never seen the Opryland productions sticker on the side of a camera. What do ya'll think?

Pageinpontiac1-1.jpg

I know this picture is from Tous En Scene Paris France 6/19, but Jimmy isn't wearing his pink velvet jacket and JPJ isn't wearing his white pants, so I'm guessing this might have been at the soundcheck, but I'm not sure:

lz19690619_11.jpg

I don't think so. I don't think they did a soundcheck, did they? Plant's shirt is the only thing that is from the show.