Robert Plant Sang at my Engagement Party!

Dandu

dandu, that is just amazing! :notworthy: all of my love to you and your fiance.

i recently got engaged also, so i know how you are feeling atm. :inlove::aw:

i am so glad robert added to the moment for you both, he could have so easily just ignored it. and to change the words and sing TO you, that's just a memory you will have forever.

:thanku:

Wow, Dandu! Hollywood would be hard pressed to script a better proposal than you. Mucho congrats!

I'm thinking The Band of Joy should play your reception.

A big congrats to you and your fiance Dandu!! :thumbsup: Well done and what a special moment to do it at a Robert Plant concert and even better to be serenaded by Robert himself. That's awesome and best of luck to the two of you and the rest of your lives together!

Slainte! :toast:

How awesome and so very special!!!!! You've just put a huge smile on my face and goose bumps down my arms. Thank you so much Dandu for sharing your story. Your fiance is a very lucky woman.

Me and my husband's first date was to a Led Zeppelin concert in Baton Rouge 1975, and we just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary this past November. (I've got chills as I write!) LZ brought us together and it has been a very blessed union indeed. May you and your fiance have at least as many years and more. You've most certainly started out your lives together on a great note (pun intended) :) and with one hell of a memory, not to mention a great story to share with your children and grandchildren.

I finally got to a computer where I could hear the sound on that video. Brought a tear to my eyes. How special that is that Robert recognized the value of that moment to the two of you and gave you that gift of song to remember.

Two airline tickets to Miami......$600.

Two front row concert tickets......$300.

Robert Plant serenading Thank You to you and your lady at your moment of engagement.....PRICELESS!!!

Thanks again to everyone for the kind wishes and comments. Rebecca and I are very touched!

Here are some pictures for those who are interested:

Pre-Show. Do I look nervous?

DSC01754.jpg

A completely unsuspecting Rebecca

DSC01747.jpg

Still just boyfriend and girlfriend

DSC01758.jpg

Some show pictures

DSC01786.jpg

DSC01842.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pics Dan. Very special memories from a great night...and let's not forget a great show. I've seen a number of clips and Robert and his band are so on and very tight. Wish I was there. Just have to wait til they come my way to NYC next year. Thanks again and kind regards and wishes for yourself and future bride!

This thread is darn near perfect in every way! It really touches my heart, and brings a sentimental tear to my eyes, to see so much love and beauty in one place. You two are a gorgeous couple and Robert Plant is the still the Golden God. I'm going to bookmark this thread to come back to for cheering up whenever I'm feeling cynical and down on this world. biggrin.gif Thank you (make that "Thank You") for sharing Dan and BIG congrats to you and your lovely Rebecca.

Nice photos, Dandu!

How romantic! You really thought of everything!

And the ring is beautiful! You did a great job in picking it out!

Once again, congratulations to you and Rebecca! You are a beautiful couple! May you have a long and happy life together!

Hey man, what an amazing story! And you're a very lucky man, Rebecca's really HOT! I can see why Robert was getting amorous :D. You've done well there, my son!

Dandu, we have a soap opera over here called 'Coronation Street'. Do they show that in the US? Because you're a dead ringer for the show's heart-throb, Dev. Well, without the glasses. But if you google 'Dev Coronation Street', you'll see what I mean!

• 1 year later...

Well,

Rebecca and I finally got married yesterday!!!

A few weeks ago someone who was in the crowd next to us sent us some spectacular footage from our engagement which actually shows us in the front row getting engaged! We edited this together with some other footage from you tube and were able to put together this amazing video which really captures the moment and was shown for the guests at our wedding. Brings back a lot of memories!!

Archived