Ask Jimmy Page One (1) Question...

lzzoso

My question would be......

'Did you enjoy putting The Edge and Jack White in their places on 'It Might Get Loud'?

I certainly enjoyed Jimmy speaking over The Edge.......but credit where its due, young Jack White showed Jimmy a LOT of respect.

My question would be......

'Did you enjoy putting The Edge and Jack White in their places on 'It Might Get Loud'?

I must have missed that part. What I saw illustrated how all three artists have a tremendous amount of respect for one another. I never saw anything in the movie that even came close to any of the guitarists trying to give one of the others their comeuppance.

I met Jimmy at the Peppermill Lounge in Reno in 81 0r 82. Having a drink with girlfriend,her sister and theyre husbands getting ready to head out to San Francisco. In comes some important looking men. Her husband Jim says it is Jimmy Page. We are not sure it looks like him but a little older. (sorry Jimmy) we asked the waitress if it was anyone famous she is serving but she says she dosent know. Shes too young to know him we decide. we send a round of drinks to the table and finally my friends' husbands go over and ask for autograph. sure enough it is him. so we are scared to go but would never forgive ourselves if he got up and left. we sit down, i am in awe. he signs Gloria and Donnas and then i sit next to him and for the life of me i cant remember exactly what i said except that ive always loved him and he is my favorite. They asked us if we had been "gaming" we say "gambling"? yes we have. He asked if we wanted to go party or something along those lines and we said we cant we have husbands and need to get back to san fran. so we get up, all have autograph on Peppermill Lounge coaster and it was the most exciting moment of our lives. Saying we cant go was the stupidist thing weve ever said. See you later husbands, were out of here! well get home somehow is what we should of said. I didnt ask him anything, he asked us.

Edited by Jimmy'sgirl

What happened to the whip?

Seriously:

Can you give a detailed account of the guitar and/or theory lessons you received from John Mclaughlin?

Is this a joke? Never thought he´s got one.But it is strange to hear that.

Hermann a German guitar hero always says that Jimmy and John were his main influences though they are so diffrent.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever record a studio version of As Long As I Have You? Given that it was a staple of their early lives shows, it seems like a natural choice. Perhaps it would have been too long to fit in the relatively limited space of one of the LPs they released while Bonzo was alive, but it would have made a great addition to Coda.

This is probably a foolish exercise.......

I can't help but notice that there is no profanity in Zeppelin music and violence is never a theme with only one reference to a gun that I can recall (c'mon people think...ha!) so has that been deliberate or just turned out that way...you know,peace and love and all that.....

I can't help but notice that there is no profanity in Zeppelin music and violence is never a theme with only one reference to a gun that I can recall (c'mon people think...ha!) so has that been deliberate or just turned out that way...you know,peace and love and all that.....

That's an excellent question, Pete - good on ya.

My question to Mr. Page would be simple and brief, and almost certainly unwelcome. Can I have a hug?

when are going to get off your lazy arse and let us have some new music ??? it is as simple as that.

Your question to Mr. Jimmy Page may a simple one, however, I think that your phrasing seems to be very disrespectful. I started this topic as a hypothetical "what one (1) question would you ask Jimmy Page" if you were lucky enough to meet him. If You have enough respect for Jimmy Page (as most of us do, or at least I do), would you really say (and ask) what you posted? "lazy arse"?

Come on, you could propose your question in a more succinct and respectful manner.

Edited by lzzoso

Your question to Mr. Jimmy Page may a simple one, however, I think that your phrasing seems to be very disrespectful. I started this topic as a hypothetical "what one (1) question would you ask Jimmy Page" if you were lucky enough to meet him. If You have enough respect for Jimmy Page (as most of us do, or at least I do), would you really say (and ask) what you posted? "lazy arse"?

Come on, you could propose your question in a more succinct and respectful manner.

Isn't "hypothetical" the key word here? It's not like these questions are actually being posed to Jimmy Page. Given that, it's pretty much an exercise in futility.

This is probably a foolish exercise.......

Robert says "Fuck all" - Hots on for Nowhere

I stand by what i said, Jimmy is lazy. He has been talking about doing a new solo album for some time now. My next question would be, what about a Davy Graham tribute cd with various guest singers and musicians.

Jimmy Page is not your slave. He's 67 now and can do whatever the hell he likes as far as I'm concerned. If Jimmy does have arthritis in his hands I would exhibit a little bit more compassion when talking to him, not demanding things from him. We don't know how much pain he's in.

Like someone else has mentioned, I would ask about his time at art college and whether he still has any of his work from back them, and whether he still does any art now.

I would also ask him about his personal art collection, and what draws him to a particular artist.

I still stand my what i said, and it is my question for Jimmy not yours. I think you are getting a bit carried away here with the slave stuff, I too have arthritis in my fingers.

There are different forms of arthritis, and it usually gets worse the older you get. My mum has it in her knees and shoulders and she's in agony some days. All I was saying was that you shouldn't be expecting so many things from Jimmy when we have no idea what his health is like. I'm not getting carried away at all. I have great admiration and respect for Jimmy, from the way you talk you don't seem to. Would you seriously be that rude if you ever met him? I don't think so.

Edited by Magic Fills the Air

There are different forms of arthritis, and it usually gets worse the older you get. My mum has it in her knees and shoulders and she's in agony some days. All I was saying was that you shouldn't be expecting so many things from Jimmy when we have no idea what his health is like. I'm not getting carried away at all. I have great admiration and respect for Jimmy, from the way you talk you don't seem to. Would you seriously be that rude if you ever met him? I don't think so.

In another topic we asked in a fair way about answeres.-Look at that too!! No reply! You won´t tell me Jimmy is not reading the posts of his own forum?

If so and even his administraters in here are not willing or able to give us the answeres, than it is no wonder that people get angry.

OK he is our master-no doubt about this!But he really keeps us waiting.WHY???????Not any f. easy explaination ! How many of his admires died in the meantime without

any new cosmic inspiration scince ALS ? Jimmy got this devine talent.From my point of view it is his part to share it with his fans.

If he is sick he should tell this to his followers.Apart from that with the modern techn. it is no problem for him to get any (!) music together even with riffs he played ages ago !!

Maybe he wants to live and play in the presence.Maybe he fears a bad feedback of the listeners.( I still would die for him, but his pastzeppelin stuff is not incredible!).Lot of "Maybe"s.

What mojo wrote is not an insult. You also would say that to a friend ?

Jimmy often said and showed that he is a Rocker.So I guess he can take that.

I am not the one to tell Jimmy what to do but as far as I can tell he never wanted to have a blind followship.

So this words are just ment as an explaination of the fans being disappointed and a bit of an inviting for him to rise again .

In another topic we asked in a fair way about answeres.-Look at that too!! No reply! You won´t tell me Jimmy is not reading the posts of his own forum?

If so and even his administraters in here are not willing or able to give us the answeres, than it is no wonder that people get angry.

OK he is our master-no doubt about this!But he really keeps us waiting.WHY???????Not any f. easy explaination ! How many of his admires died in the meantime without

any new cosmic inspiration scince ALS ? Jimmy got this devine talent.From my point of view it is his part to share it with his fans.

If he is sick he should tell this to his followers.Apart from that with the modern techn. it is no problem for him to get any (!) music together even with riffs he played ages ago !!

Maybe he wants to live and play in the presence.Maybe he fears a bad feedback of the listeners.( I still would die for him, but his pastzeppelin stuff is not incredible!).Lot of "Maybe"s.

What mojo wrote is not an insult. You also would say that to a friend ?

Jimmy often said and showed that he is a Rocker.So I guess he can take that.

I am not the one to tell Jimmy what to do but as far as I can tell he never wanted to have a blind followship.

So this words are just ment as an explaination of the fans being disappointed and a bit of an inviting for him to rise again .

Somebody's on the crack.